Photo

Doing Things The Right Way.

30 replies to this topic

#1 drpeach

drpeach

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

I just want to say that you guys put nerf HQ to shame. That other discussion board is just a bunch of insecure, mal-adjusted nerds bitching about people not posting things according to their little nerd concensus. They sit their with their little math formulas and try to determine whether a post has enough material directly related to the original topic. If it doesn't make the grade the grade they scold the poster. And god forbid you post something similar to something that has already been posted; Or ask a question that has been asked 5 years ago in some post with a dead link. Anyway NerfHaven people let people talk, and that makes for informative and relaxed posts. Keep up the Good Work NerfHaven!!! And to the commies over at nerf HQ: GET SOME FRESH AIR!(Capitalizing a sentence would have caused a wave of aneurisms on their board). Hail Nerfhaven!

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

And who may I ask are you?
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

Well, I'm sorry, but I need to point out that, if anything, this post belongs in "Off Topic".

I think you'll find that here at NH, things are less relaxed when it comes to stupid posts, stupid questions, and stupid people.

Welcome to NH, I hope you find the transition from preschool to highschool easy.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

As Black Wrath suggested, we tend to ignore things until they violate the (relatively black and white) Code of Conduct. Hands off until someone needs to be deleted, that's my motto!

Welcome to NH, don't pee on the lawn.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:22 PM

don't pee on the lawn.

Sorry 'bout that.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

I'd like to unwelcome you to NH. You don't use nearly enough w's in your posts and I hate you.

VACC

#7 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:55 PM

I'd like to unwelcome you to NH. You don't use nearly enough w's in your posts and I hate you.

VACC

That was Gold. It took me a sec to get it, but God that was funny.

Yeah, out of my 157 or so post on NHQ, half or more of them resulted in a flaming.

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:48 PM

I just want to say that you guys put nerf HQ to shame. That other discussion board is just a bunch of insecure, mal-adjusted nerds bitching about people not posting things according to their little nerd concensus.

No.

They sit their with their little math formulas and try to determine whether a post has enough material directly related to the original topic. If it doesn't make the grade the grade they scold the poster.

If people make a stupid post that doesn't "make the grade," they are flamed for it because it most likely warranted it. If your post isn't directly related to the original topic, why post in it?

And god forbid you post something similar to something that has already been posted; Or ask a question that has been asked 5 years ago in some post with a dead link.

Did you ever wonder about that little button at the top of the page that says "Search" on it? And NHQ is actually a lot more lenient toward people that consistently don't search and ask questions that have been answered. I admit that I have made my fair share of posts without searching, but I was yelled at for it and now I search.

Anyway NerfHaven people let people talk, and that makes for informative and relaxed posts. Keep up the Good Work NerfHaven!!! And to the commies over at nerf HQ: GET SOME FRESH AIR!(Capitalizing a sentence would have caused a wave of aneurisms on their board).

Actually, NerfHQ is much more relaxed and NerfHaven is more informative, usually. And actually, you'd get a lot harsher reprimandment here for something such as CAPITALIZING A SENTENCE than at NerfHQ.

Hail Nerfhaven!

Yes.
I'm not flaming you, just trying to explain as BW did that NH is actually a lot more strict than NHQ, but that leads to more informative posts, not the other way around. Welcome to NH!

Edited by NerfMonkey, 29 July 2005 - 01:50 PM.

SexD Warves

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:37 PM

It's threads like this where we're sucking each others dicks that make me want to write my first online mod. Step 5 will be stab yourself in the face. I figure we'll weed out some stupidity that way.

Nerfhaven.com rocks....slurp.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 drpeach

drpeach

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:21 PM

I stand corrected. Black Wrath is exactly like the guys on NerfHQ. He lives for the nerf boards because he has a compulsive need to correct people. He might want to learn to curb this if he has any designs of spending significant time in the close company of a woman.

Edited by Dr.Peach, 29 July 2005 - 07:23 PM.

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

I don't know who this guy is, but he's good enough to be an east coast'er in my book.
I hate you.

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:54 PM

I stand corrected. Black Wrath is exactly like the guys on NerfHQ. He lives for the nerf boards because he has a compulsive need to correct people. He might want to learn to curb this if he has any designs of spending significant time in the close company of a woman.

Now I am flaming you. BW doesn't "live for the nerf boards" you idiot. If you had checked, he made a holster write-up with forty-five freaking pictures just for us, you ignorant prick, so obviously he's got better things to do than go on the forums all the time. Don't be a jerk to people you know nothing about.
SexD Warves

#13 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

First off, welcome to the Haven. Strap in, because reprimanding does happen. No worries here; I'm a lover, not a hater.

He might want to learn to curb this if he has any designs of spending significant time in the close company of a woman.

Very true, if you want to light the lamp with someone who isn't very analytical. However, at any board there will be people who are corrective. Similar to shit, flames happen. (Ah, there's an example.) It sounds like you know how to stand your ground though. ^_^

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

~Rings

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 29 July 2005 - 10:02 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

Dr. Peach, I dearly hope you have another reason for joining the boards other than the creation of this topic.

Oh, and NHQ just has more people attempting to correct you, whereas this site only is supposed to have 4-5 people correcting you. It's not a matter of we don't do it, we just do it few times and do it with enough severity that it discourages further misbehavior.

Oh, and stop insulting fellow members. You're making yourself look like a douche again.

Ah, and as for your comment on women- I fully agree with you. Of course, that's assuming you're the typical teenage male and want a whore for a wife/girlfriend. If you really have any intelligence at all, I'd say you'd want/appreciate a more intelligent type of girl, one who doesn't want your typical male dumbass for a boyfriend/husband. Unfortunately for you, BW isn't a dumbass, so your comment does not apply.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 29 July 2005 - 10:18 PM.

#15 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

I just want to say that you guys put nerf HQ to shame. That other discussion board is just a bunch of insecure, mal-adjusted nerds bitching about people not posting things according to their little nerd concensus. They sit their with their little math formulas and try to determine whether a post has enough material directly related to the original topic. If it doesn't make the grade the grade they scold the poster. And god forbid you post something similar to something that has already been posted; Or ask a question that has been asked 5 years ago in some post with a dead link. Anyway NerfHaven people let people talk, and that makes for informative and relaxed posts. Keep up the Good Work NerfHaven!!! And to the commies over at nerf HQ: GET SOME FRESH AIR!(Capitalizing a sentence would have caused a wave of aneurisms on their board). Hail Nerfhaven!

Posted Image

AKA: Shut the fuck up and stop crying.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#16 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:56 AM

You're pouring emo all over the place, and it's getting old.

I don't need to prove a fucking thing to you, Ompa and NerfMonkey handled that. If you're going to make stupid comments about someone's love life/relationships, be prepared to back them up. If you take a gander at my member picture, you'll find me and my girlfriend Christie of 8 months happily smiling away for the camera in the local mall.

Find something better to do than try your hand at putting others down. See, the only way insults work, is if they hurt.

Jackass.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#17 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

I stand corrected.  Black Wrath is exactly like the guys on NerfHQ.  He lives for the nerf boards because he has a compulsive need to correct people.  He might want to learn to curb this if he has any designs of spending significant time in the close company of a woman.

Oh that's a burn. Burn dude, burn.

I agree with Hersh, you're and east coaster now. Welcome to the Haven!

Seriously guys, this dude went straight for the jugular on his second post quite effectively. He's going to fit right in.

Talio.

Edit - Whoa...BW! That chicks pretty hot. Good job.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#18 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

I may be mistaken, but I wouldn't dought this guy is MastBasses525. When I walked to him he seemed to hate every fuckign thing about NHQ but "hailed" NH. I don't like MastBasses, but if this isn't him, then he can stay in my book.

#19 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

Do you mean MstrBasser525?
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#20 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

With a name like that, does it even matter anymore? ^_^

Oh, I shouldn't talk. :unsure:

Enjoy your stay, Dr.Peach. Remember, if you don't like the current incarnation, don't waste time whining about it; modify it.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

Yeah sorry. It was late at night you see. Besides, the way he degressed me and the HQ I just didn't even care what his name was. Oh well. Yeah I just want to say to Zero, you inspired me to make a mod that I am working on right now. Thanks man.

Edited by LastManAlive, 30 July 2005 - 12:09 PM.

#22 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

Does anyone else find this thread hypocritical? The original poster comes in to bitch about 13 year olds on NHQ correcting his spelling and stuff, but he is basically almost doing the same thing. You say people waste their life and live for the NERF forums? Is making threads and arguing over it on the same NERF forum just as retarted?

NHQ and NH are two different sites, dont compare. If you dont like one, fine, but dont be a hypocrite and make threads about it.

Edited by NinjZ, 30 July 2005 - 12:18 PM.

#23 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Edit - Whoa...BW! That chicks pretty hot. Good job.

Why can't we be friends, Talio?

Why can't we be friends?

--

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

No no, seriously, she is. I'm not joking. And I'd be glad to be your friend...I'll send you the requisition form next month. Or was that the inquisition form? Hell I don't fucking know.

This thread went from 0 to gay right after the new thread button was clicked.

Go back to your lives people.

Talio.

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

Eloquent and profound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users