Mrs. Pac-man

I love it; do you?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 04:14 PM

It's W, since there has been recent topics on games I'd like to make an addition: Mrs. Pac Man/Pac Man! I've an kiosk from the old days.... around from when I was born (my parents' game). It is the coolest game ever! Sure, I'm wasting precious minutes of my life, but, it's just too damn fun! Post your high scores and such... 118,846! ;) .... damned that dumb orange ghost... it just goes in circles!
Pant rifle, wind sock, and bacon wand are funny words, eh?

#2 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 07:10 PM

Your score sounds awful low compared to Billy Mitchell's, the world's first (and only) person to score a perfect Pac-Man score. By perfect, I mean:

-Clearing all 256 screens
-Eating all four ghosts with each power pellet
-Eating all the bonus fruits
-Not dying once

He did it on July 1, 1999, and the game took 6 hours. What was his final score?

Brace yourself...

Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#3 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 07:15 PM

Impressive... *looks aroound himself and backs out of the room*

P.S. New HS - 211,250 (still ain't that.... other one) ^_^

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:23 PM

I'll play Pac Man a whole lot more after I finish my MAME cabinet.

It's just not the same unless it's on a cabinet system.

Since it's more-or-less on topic, does anybody happen to know where I can get a vintage upright arcade cabinet cheap? Doesn't have to be working but I'd like the cabinet to look good cosmetically.

Grinch, I think you meant 3,333,360. Impressive either way but two orders of magnitude is a big difference.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:45 PM

I've seen a few arcade machines on ebay, real old. Shipping much be insane though.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:37 AM

Yeah... on the order of $200 for shipping.

Last night I kind of answered my question though. There's a newsgroup for arcade collectors (rec.games.video.arcade.collectors) where you can trade/sell/buy machines and there are enough people that you can specify the area you're willing to pick up in.

Now I need to get me that vintage cabinet to gut and turn into a MAME box.

#7 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:51 PM

maybe i am out of the video-loop...but what's a MAME box?
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:07 PM

You're not out of the loop, this is vintage entertainment.

Multi-Arcade Machine Emulator

It faithfully emulates a whole assload of obsolete arcade game hardware. Currently supports nearly 4000 ROM images. More or less anything that existed in an arcade prior to the late 90s will play on MAME.

It's pretty cool for people who actually played those games because you're not playing a re-write of Pacman or Centipede, you're playing the actual original code. Serious old skool arcade nuts won't settle for playing it on a PC because the atmosphere (and proper controller hardware) just isn't there.

Hence my quest... to find a vintage arcade cabinet, slap a high-end PC in it, and buy some OEM arcade joysticks and buttons to build a control panel versatile enough to play most anything.

#9 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:58 PM

You're not out of the loop, this is vintage entertainment.

Multi-Arcade Machine Emulator

It faithfully emulates a whole assload of obsolete arcade game hardware. Currently supports nearly 4000 ROM images. More or less anything that existed in an arcade prior to the late 90s will play on MAME.

It's pretty cool for people who actually played those games because you're not playing a re-write of Pacman or Centipede, you're playing the actual original code. Serious old skool arcade nuts won't settle for playing it on a PC because the atmosphere (and proper controller hardware) just isn't there.

Hence my quest... to find a vintage arcade cabinet, slap a high-end PC in it, and buy some OEM arcade joysticks and buttons to build a control panel versatile enough to play most anything.

For some reason, I knew that... weird. Plus, the Mrs, Pac Man I play has a special chip that makes the game freakishly fast! Much better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users