• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:51 PM

Which is better?
AT2K? Or AT3K?
I couldnt find the AT2Ks at Target...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#77 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plunger tube approximately the same length as that of a NF.

Enjoy.

And on a side note, have fun taking the turret apart, I swear the bitch is glued. I took a flathead screwdriver and started prying at all points between the white base and the clear turret and FINALLY got it out.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 27 July 2005 - 11:56 AM.

#78 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:50 AM

Mmmmm, innards. There's so much damn empty space in that guy, which will make it easier to trim down if needed. Hows the connection between the plunger and the barrel assembly? It appears as though the plunger makes a decent seal. Thanks Ompa, you're a good man. If its not too much, you think you could take a pic of you holding the gun, I'm still curious how big this thing is.

#79 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image

The seal is not that good- an improvement over the mav but still not too good.

The bottom thing in the pic is a stock of my rifle-in-progress, 10 bonus points if you can recognize from what game the rifle came from.

Oh, and there's no need for longer barrels than what can fit in it. The barrels that could fit would be about 4 inches of 17/32 brass, and with the same size plunger as a NF, approximately the same barrel length is needed. This happens to be practically the same barrel length. I should have a mod up for this sucker within a few days.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 27 July 2005 - 11:59 AM.

#80 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

HOLY CRAP that is big. Yes. Much trimming will be done indeed. Thanks for the comparison.

-That gun looks like a big version of the smg in halo 2.

#81 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

Damn. The stock does look like an smg. That's only about 1/3 the gun shown though, guess again. Keep in mind it's only the stock.

I'm out of 17/32 brass, I'll run and probably pick some up tomorrow, and finish up the mod. So possibly a mod should be up within a few days, provided I can find some money.

~ompa

#82 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

Looks more like a .50 cal loser stock of some sort. That 3k, do you have any problems with it rotating? I think putting a semi 2k into one of these would be kickass, but the dtb would work better.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#83 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Thanks ompa, you're a god among nerfers.

Now I just need to find myself one. Picked up the tag team set yesterday. I should be posting up a writeup for that soon - been a while since I've written one.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#84 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

See, if I had any money, (just started working, paycheck in like... 2 weeks) I'd buy the DTB and post a mod for it. Alas, I'm only 16 and just got a job.

~ompa

#85 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

Oh, and there's no need for longer barrels than what can fit in it. The barrels that could fit would be about 4 inches of 17/32 brass, and with the same size plunger as a NF, approximately the same barrel length is needed. This happens to be practically the same barrel length.

I some how doubt that its totally a coincidence. Same thing with the mav, its also got a 4" cylinder.

i think the nerf peeps may have tried to throw a bone our way.

But thats just my opinion.

#86 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

It is possible. Or it is just the length of the darts.

This post was made through the PSP, which Sony has released a browser for. Google it.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 27 July 2005 - 01:55 PM.

#87 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the clear internals Ompa. I await your mod.

Is that homemade going to be a styer AUG?

#88 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Cxwq, the turret needs that orange ridge on the front of the turret to seal properly with the plunger tube and the spring in there isn't even as long as the plunger rod so you'll wanna replace it or strech it.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#89 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Ninjz, no, but after I made that stock I realized how close to a bullpup type rifle it could be, so as soon as I finish this one, I'll make a true bullpup-style rifle. I have enough Bondo to actually do it this time.

~ompa

#90 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

Can you guys take a moment of silence for my firefly? While taking the plunger out, it flipped, and now the gun no longer cocks. Congrats, I broke the my firefly in 5 days (got it friday, broke it tuesday night).

Sweet ompa, Halo 2.

Edited by murakumo32, 27 July 2005 - 06:48 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#91 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

can you guys take a moment of scilence for my firefly. while taking the plunger out, it flipped, and now the gun no longer cocks. congrats, i broke the my firefly in 5 days (got it friday, broke it tuesday night)

sweet ompa, halo 2

Ehh... fix it? Seriously, unless you have a piece of broken plastic in your hand (and even then) you can fix it by getting everything back in the right place.

#92 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:37 PM

There's no broken pieces, but the thing that releases the spring is twised 90 degrees so the trigger no longer fires the gun.

Edited by murakumo32, 27 July 2005 - 07:17 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#93 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:49 PM

Wait, so it's warped or just out of place? Pics would be nice.

Edit: Forgot to meantion, I picked up one for me and one for my brother today and ompa, I don't think the turret's glued together, I found a screw hidden in the middle of the turret that's only visible through the hole in the center of the front but I don't have a long enough screw driver with me.

Edited by flamebo388, 27 July 2005 - 11:00 PM.

#94 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

michigan sightings? What stores are currently carrying it and where?

#95 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

No, I got that one. My turret was just really hard to pull apart. Trust me, I had all the screws out.

~ompa

#96 LittleB

LittleB

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:23 PM

Ompa, thank you so much for the pictures of the internals. I have made a mock up of a single barreled at2k integrated nicely into the Firefly. A piece of coat hanger is inserted through a hole drilled* into the cocking mechanism which acts as the at2k trigger. The way it works is after the at2k is pumped you cock the gun to shoot the at2k. This allows for a long range shot to be fired and a firefly shot to be cocked at the same time.
Posted Image
**Edit** for the wire trigger pull it would have to be a slightly longer wire (than the one shown) and a long slot cut into the cocking handle to allow the mechanism to travel the length it needs to, to cock as well as shoot.

Edited by LittleB, 28 July 2005 - 03:41 PM.

#97 jyhad21

jyhad21

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR AVAILABLE FIREFLIES AT WALMARTS:

I used teh UPC on the reciept so kindly posted on page 3, to call walmarts and ask them to check availability by UPC number rather than trying to describe it, and they can tell you if they have it, or if the UPC is'nt even in the store's system yet (as is the case here in MN.)

#98 Varon

Varon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

Hey, ompa, can I see a picture of the Firefly next to an X-Bow? I'm wondering how much longer, if it actually is, the Firefly is than the X-Bow from stock to grip. Thanks in advance.

#99 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Ompa, thank you so much for the pictures of the internals. I have made a mock up of a single barreled at2k integrated nicely into the Firefly. A piece of coat hanger is inserted through a hole drilled*  into the cocking mechanism which acts as the at2k trigger. The way it works is after the at2k is pumped you cock the gun to shoot the at2k. This allows for a long range shot to be fired and a firefly shot to be cocked at the same time.
Posted Image
**Edit** for the wire trigger pull it would have to be a slightly longer wire (than the one shown) and a long slot cut into the cocking handle to allow the mechanism to travel the length it needs to, to cock as well as shoot.

good idea... but there an even better one called... use a pump gun's internals to fire the ff main turret! You were close but I think that having a multi-shot long ranged bullpup would be a lot more appealing to modders.

Edited by footemps, 28 July 2005 - 05:47 PM.

#100 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

good idea... but there an even better one called... use a pump gun's internals to fire the ff main turret!

The AT3k is the same size, half the price, and allows for properly sized barrels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users