4 replies to this topic

#1 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

Well as you can see here...
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4762
Starbuck and Ompa were discussing how the backlash is very underrated. Well, I most certainly agree. After reading that topic I was inspired to whip out my old backlash and see what I could do with it.
Here's the finished product:
Posted Image
I cut down the existing stock barrel and some of the gold part on top, which was getting in the way.

As you can see here,
Posted Image
the cut down stock barrel didn't leave a very big hole, so I was surpised at the air output. I used the stock barrel from a Lanard Blast Bazooka and it worked perfectly. It is secure and airtight.
Then I attached a SSPB with a pvc barrel and a plugged pump. Unfortunately, there is an air leak and it shoots about 20-25 ft. Perfectly, good for a last resort defense shot though, which is what I intended it to be.

Posted Image
I set the sspb up the way I did because the triggers can both be reached by my thumb. The Backlash has an awkward trigger and now I can use my thumb to fire both that and the sspb.

I don't have exact ranges yet but, the backlash easily surpasses my modified NF which gets about 55'
And as earlier stated the sspb gets about 20-25' due to the airleak. I plan on getting a replacement.

Edited by Arcanum, 22 July 2005 - 08:55 AM.

Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:44 AM

When you're done, you should expect around 70', that's what both me and THIRST get around.

~ompa

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:15 AM

Hmm, that gun looks vaugley familiar. Backlash you say? I remember Ompa telling me he got around 70', looks cool, wish I had one.

THIRST
ko

#4 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:52 PM

Well, it hit a little under 65' pretty consistently, but then pulled a "maxshot". I think it packs too much of a punch for the little casing. The whole front end shot off the gun. I'm going to try to glue and/or tape it. The front end shot 9'. Impressive...I suppose :P
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

I epoxied the front end of mine on, because I actually tore the whole front end off to remove the peg normally. I ended up with a larger hole, so larger air output. Try JB Weld to hold the front on, it should work wonders.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users