Nf Original Vs Ex3

whats the difference?

13 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

whats the difference between a nf and a nf ex3?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 SwitchbladeatJM

SwitchbladeatJM

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:14 PM

The ex-3 attaches to the n-strike :P and as I have read it has a weaker spring.

*Switch*

Edited by Switchblade@JM, 20 July 2005 - 09:17 PM.

A member of a 6 man clan.......the C.C.A.N.

"Shibby" -Dude Where's My Car

#3 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

From what I understand, the Original NF has a stronger spring and more air restriction, whilst the newer EX3 has a weaker spring, and less air restriction than the original.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Richomundo, 21 July 2005 - 11:36 AM.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:55 AM

From my observations, that's pretty much it.

I have owned 8 NiteFinders (old), and just bought an EX-3 a couple weeks ago.

Everything that everyone had complained about the EX-3 compared to the original NiteFinders was correct.

1) I remember a user saying that their plunger would "slow down" about halfway during firing if a dart wasn't in the barrel--I noticed this too, it never happened with the original NFs.

2) I recall someone was concerned that their darts didn't even leave the barrel when they fired them. Interestingly, when I fired darts from the original NF (grey ones) in the EX-3, they didn't leave the barrel. Same with the micros that come with the AT2000 twin packs. Only the original micro darts (yellow/ blue tips) fired out sufficiently, and only about 15 feet or so at that. I found that to be really odd.

3) I have had enough NFs to know, and I don't know if anyone else thinks the same, but the EX-3 seems to be built of a lot lighter/ thinner plastic than the original NFs. The spring does seem to feel 'weaker' than the original ones, too.

I'll be taking this one apart and modding it (CPVC) like the others, and I'm anticipating improved, but reduced performance. We'll just have to see. My son likes the fact that it attaches to his "N-Strike" Titan. He still won't let me fix up his Scout, however. :lol:

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

The old NF must be phenomenal. I have an EX-3, and I get the ranges everyone seems to have with the old ones (60-70'). I'm very pleased. I must have done a spectacular job of modding it. I used PVC/crayola, rubber bands, stretched spring, and a foam sheet behind the plungerhead (silencer). Mayhaps I should buy another and try to do it again.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#6 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

I have a few old ones and one new one. I modded them all the same way by drilling the air restrictors and adding a few rubber bands and that's all. I seem to get very similar power out of the old NF and the EX3. If I had to separate them in any way, I actually think I get better accuracy out of the EX3.

#7 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

on hasbrotoyshop.com there are original nf but no ex3. if i order a few, i get originals or ex3
-or-

#8 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

on hasbrotoyshop.com there are original nf but no ex3. if i order a few, i get originals or ex3

Please do your best to clean up your future posts. If you have any questions, please consult the Code of Conduct. If you have further questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#9 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

I think if you put 2 of the springs together from the ex-3 you would get better performance.
"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#10 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

A lot of thinking there a dark. ( 2 bigger than 1) but if you thought it through yes it would be stronger but also twice as long thus making it hard as hell to properley get the gun back together. The plunger and cassing probably also could not have taken the extra stress. the springs would increse the sprinage but that would not fix any of the other problems pineapple mentioned and i know you didnot say it would so dont retorte with well i didnot say that. i could say more but i will end it with i hate you.

Edited by rylundo, 04 August 2005 - 05:42 PM.

I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#11 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

What if you overlap the springs so it's just a little bigger than a spring alone?
-or-

#12 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

i dont know for sure but if you did that i think the non overlaped part would compress 100% and the over laped part not much because its twice the strength.
If you did'nt understand that then in other words I dont think that would work.

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

What if you overlap the springs so it's just a little bigger than a spring alone?

It would still be twice as long when compressed. You'd never get the catch to engage.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#14 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:23 PM

It would still be twice as long when compressed. You'd never get the catch to engage.

Ah, good point. I never took that into consideration.
-or-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users