Photo

Maverick Problem

8 replies to this topic

#1 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

Two days ago my maverick broke. The small piece of plastic on part of the plunger assembely that pulls back the plunger when you cock it because that little metal bar pushes it back snapped into multiple pieces. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

How, first of all, did you break the metal piece into several pieces? I mean, at least you would have bent it, but into pieces? I'm suprised.

Anyways, I think if you could get a nail that size it could work. All you'd have to do is brake off the head and file down the sharp point. If you can't.... oh well, it's just a mav.

TS

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

TS, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the catch for the metal bar that runs across to cock the gun. The very same thing happened to a friend of mine. My suggestion would be to take a piece of hard plastic, possible a part lying around from another nerf gun, cut and sand it into the size and shape of the piece you broke and goop that sucker on there. Might be a little tough, but its either that or find another maverick/plunger assembly for a maverick.

#4 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

im talking about the plastic piece custom snake was refering to but slaya youre right it is just a maverick.

quote from chessler

#5 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

rylundo, I had that same problem. what I did to fix it was I hot glued the pieces together and then I glued it back on to the pluger.

~ALEX

#6 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

Use a nail. Drill a hole in the same place as that shaft and attach it.
Morons With Guns own you.

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:25 PM

Oh sorry guys, he wasn't being too specific. I thought you meant the bar itself. My slider on my scout, which is basically the same thing I think, had several stripped screws in it, so I ripped it off. I then proceded to find a nail just about the size of the hole that the metal bar went through. I wrapped each end of the nail that came out the sides with electrical tape, and it's really comfy. I almost like it better this way. Almost.

TS

#8 MFRnync

MFRnync

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:58 AM

You could simply take a piece of plastic rodding and sand/shape it down to size. Like everyones been saying it will be near impossible to find a whole new internal system for the blaster.
carpe scrotum- grab life by the balls, sustaining member of the always outnumbered but never outgunned toy gun modifiers guild.

#9 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

mfrnync-i know it would be hard to find internals i just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and if so what they did about.

quote from chessler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users