Dart Tag Blasters

Info and a quick mod

74 replies to this topic

#1 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

I made the trip to toysrus today hoping to find the FF and DTB set. They didn't have either but a trip over to walmart produced a DTB. Stock ranges were about 40', and combined with the rof of a maverick makes this one sick gun so far, who knows what a modded one will get. Anyway, heres some internal pics and a NF plunger tube comparasion.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The weird thing next to the spring is what seals the plunger with the turret, the spring pushes it up against it for a better seal.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The plunger rod and spring backing seem strong enough for a new spring, and I have one that'll fit just perfect so I'll try that when I get a chance.
Posted Image
I pretty much did the same thing as you would a maverick, rip out the air restrictors and cut out the poles. The seal on these pieces is a lot better than on the mav. Feel free to ask questions that haven't been answered here or elsewhere.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:34 AM

Great find! This thing looks to have potential. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these... :nugget:

Edit: What's the accuracy like?

Edited by Starbuck, 13 July 2005 - 12:34 AM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

Pretty damn good, I'm gonna test with stefans tomorrow, it's dark so I can't see where the darts land. Oh, and as for going akimbo with this, it's pretty easy once you learn how to cock the guns with the other in your hand. You simply put your thumb on the back of the gun and grab the back of the slide with your middle or index finger.

Edit: Oh, forgot to talk about the glasses and vests. The glasses are kinda uncomfortable but I shot one point blank with my ss2 with 20 pumps and it held up so you can use them for protection. The vests I don't think will fit me but they're made with a felt-like surface and the darts stick pretty well. I think these darts fly better than other stock darts including whistler tipped ones.

Edited by flamebo388, 13 July 2005 - 12:49 AM.

And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

Drool. It looks nearly exactly the same as the Tek 10 but more powerful. I love it. Thank you flamebo. I'm definitely putting this on my birthday list since I don't have $40.00 to shell out. :nugget: I can not wait to get my hands on one of these babies! Thanks so much. I don't know what to say except, I'm stunned! It seems like Nerf is going back to spring guns lately. Very nice flamebo. I want ranges soon, but I'm guessing only a few feet range improvement with Stefans without restrictors, like the Mav. I'm hoping for 50 feet, but expecting 45. I'm amazed how quickly Walmart got these puppies in. Also, it looks like it would be awkward to cock the gun, because the front appears as though it would be a bit heavy when holding the trigger handle to cock it. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, flamebo, what state are you in? I'm in Ohio and wanted to know if you are near here so I can sort of know when to expect them around here. Thanks again.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 July 2005 - 01:04 AM.

SexD Warves

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:44 AM

The gun is a little front heavy but likey due to the placement of the rear handle you don't notice it like on other guns, so it isn't at all awkard to cock. Plus hasbro made the turret very light considering it's size and the rest the internals help balance it out. Unforunatley I'm in California so I don't know how fast your stores might get it in, but tidge did say his dad saw Fireflys in new york so I'd keep a look out.

#6 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:35 AM

According to CamBlam they have them(DTB) in a Chicago(sp) Wal-Mart.

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Checked WI Walmarts yesterday, I didn't see anything.

~ompa

#8 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:50 AM

According to CamBlam they have them(DTB) in a Chicago(sp) Wal-Mart.

I live in Chicago.......::running to walmart::
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#9 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

That thing shoots like the LB right, all at once?

#10 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

No, like a mav, cock shoot cock shoot etc.

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

That is SHIBBYTASTIC! Anywho what part of california are you located? I'm gonna be hitin' up every Toys Is We And Wally World In My Area ASAP.

-Bags :ph34r:

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#12 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

East side of the SF bay area.

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for answering all my questions man. Just one more: what kind of darts are you shooting out of it? I mean what kind of weights are you using for Stefans in it?
SexD Warves

#14 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

I only have 1/4" steel slingshot ones, most my guns are too powerful for anything lighter and my scout can shoot them so I'm happy. Ranges with the stefans went up to about 45 or better but it really needs new barrels and I got nothing to use :ph34r:

#15 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:15 PM

That's... great. Wow.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#16 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

I only have 1/4" steel slingshot ones, most my guns are too powerful for anything lighter and my scout can shoot them so I'm happy. Ranges with the stefans went up to about 45 or better but it really needs new barrels and I got nothing to use :mellow:

I just got one, and I did your air restrictor mod. I was expecting a little better performance, but I was still hyped, 50 feet with my best dart. I plan on banding it and stretching the spring, and then I hope to stick some k&s 17/32 down there.
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#17 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:54 PM

That's... great. Wow.

Would have been better to hold one in your hands, eh? Surgery sucks, huh? :mellow:

TS

#18 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

This is awesome. You know if they would have 'em anywhere in FL?
I'm prolly not gonna mod mine. It looks easy enough though, so I might.
I'm glad to see Nerf is making a comeback.

#19 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image

Green: Please tell me this doesn't attach to the Titan. Either that or something attaches to it.
Blue: This isn't unusual, it's also in the AT3k, and Tek6.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#20 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

That's wierd. It would look stupid with something attached to it. What's next? Extra Titan's to hook onto your titan?

#21 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

*snip*
Green: Please tell me this doesn't attach to the Titan.

uh oh! that can't be good.
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#22 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

It's a paintball knockoff type gun, they'lll probably sell some type of attachments, like a plastic sight or something.

~ompa

#23 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:15 PM

Now THAT, I wouldn't mind. Actual accessories for you Nerf guns. Wow. I would look forwards to that.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#24 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Blue-probably a piece that gets pushed towards the plunger tube when the turret rotates and is pushed back into the turret by the spring when ready to fire for better seal?

I don't own one of these guns, just seems like that would be it.
Morons With Guns own you.

#25 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

It would be cool if a hop-up style, speed loader holder cliped on there. So that you could press a switch pop free a speed loader and and reload all 10 shots in 3 seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users