Photo

Loudness :o

3 replies to this topic

#1 Omicron

Omicron

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

Okay, I guess the last thing you guys want is another NF story, but without pushing the good ol' back button, hear me out.

I modded my NF just taking out the air restrictors. I took out the small spring inside the stock barrel as well as the small air restrictor that's between the one with the prong in it and the plunger cap.

I went on to taking out the prong in the restrictor and left an open hole for the air.

Put it all together, and the thing is louder than ever. Before I used to get a dampened sound, typically when shooting without any darts in the barrel, but now this thing is making my ears hurt and the ringing just won't stop. What's going on?

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

You take out the air restriction, you take out what's usually blocking the noise from reaching you. I'd suggest either stop dry-firing it, or try coating the FRONT END of the plunger with a rubber coating or some other rubber-like substance. Otherwise, there's nothing you can really do about it.

~ompa

#3 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hum...I wonder if you applied some silicone to the tip of the plunger, similar to how you plug the hole in the pump tube in air powered gun, if this would reduce noise. The silicone is rubber soft which in theory makes sense. Even spin it into a point so you donít create drag...
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#4 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:13 PM

I put a circle of craft sheeting on the orange pallet and it signifigantly reduces noice. Did you remove that, also?
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users