Photo

Odd Titan Problem

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

I modified my Titan by plugging the pump and taking the front off of the missle barrel, as right now I am not going to dart-mod it. The first shot was great, but after that it wouldnt hold air, the air just passed right through the tank. So, I took it apart and found that the release pin wouldnt fully pull forward. So, I glued the pin to the trigger to make sure that it would close everytime, and put rubber bands around the pin and to the front of the gun, to give it a bit more strength. Now, i do not have any problems with the tank holding air, but if i pump the gun 16 times or up, the missle flops out going about 5 feet. If i pump it 14 times, the missle goes at least 40 feet flat. If i pump it 15 times, it goes about 20 feet. I hear people pumping their's 23 times and getting great results. Anybody know what's going on?

Edit: Sorry, I would provide pictures, but right now I do not have access to a digital camera.

Edited by Jester, 10 July 2005 - 07:21 PM.

Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#2 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Hmm... I've never heard of this happening. Maybe you should just try dart modding it and seeing what happens. After all, if you don't like the results (or perhaps, lack there of?) with darts, then you could just de-mod it so it shoots missles. This is just what I would do. I put a 16" long 1/2" PVC barrel on my Titan with no internal work and it shot around 130-150 ft. flat.

Edited by NerfLad78, 10 July 2005 - 08:33 PM.

#3 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:06 PM

That's weird. Can you decribe any possible differences you can detect between pumping it 14 times and firing, and pumping it 16 or up and firing. Do you hear a different sound?
formerly frank8715

#4 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

I have the same problem with my titans, they tend to flop to the ground at lesser ranges with more pumps, kinda ticks me off as I've heard of 60 foot ranges on stock ones and mine shoots 50 on a good day. I think it's the design of the missle that causes this. That or the removal of the front air restrictor.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#5 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:48 PM

That's weird. Can you decribe any possible differences you can detect between pumping it 14 times and firing, and pumping it 16 or up and firing. Do you hear a different sound?

Yes, when I "overpump it", you can hear the air "hissing out" very slowly.

#6 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:05 AM

So you think it's just a problem of the titan loosing it's air power, when you pump 16 or up? If so, try to find where the leak is and add some lubricant.

EDIT: It's probably leaking from the rear of the air tank, where the firing piston enters. I think I've had that happen on one of my titans. If that's the case, definately add some lubricant.

Edited by frank8715, 11 July 2005 - 12:08 AM.

formerly frank8715

#7 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:58 PM

Take your titan while it's pumped and stick it underwater.Look around at the tank and try to find the leak by looking for air bubbles.Once you have found the leak use plumber's goop to seal it up.

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#8 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users