Photo

Cpvc

7 replies to this topic

#1 dragnet88

dragnet88

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

everyone says they get great ranges on their nf's when they use cpvc, but here's my question: is the dart supposed to fit so tight? the farthest i can get the dart into the barrel still has a little sticking out the end, and that's with a lot of twisting. should the dart be going farther into the barrel, and should it be so difficult to get in? thanks

Edited by dragnet88, 09 July 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#2 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

That depends. Everyone uses 1/2in PFCS, but the size is allways slightly different. On a NF, the dart is supposed to be sorrta tight in the CPVC barrell, but not too tight. It may be that your darts are too long, I preferr short, 1in darts for my CPVCed NF, which gets pretty good ranges. How long are the darts, and how far are they going in to the CPVC barrell? Also, how long is the barrell?

Edited by ssgtsiler, 09 July 2005 - 08:18 PM.

"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#3 dragnet88

dragnet88

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

I use 2" darts, on a 4" barrel, and about 1/8" of the dart sticks out the end of the barrel. The ranges are pretty good, i haven't measured them, but it seems like it is way too hard to load and it takes too much time. One thing I'm considering is putting a cpvc coupler (hopefully there is such a thing) on the plunger tube, then having multiple pre-loaded barrels to switch between each shot.

EDIT: one other question, if I do use multiple pre-loaded barrels, should I have the darts loaded into the front or back of the barrel?

EDIT2: should I just ditch this whole setup and switch to copper barrels (brass isn't available) in which I can push the darts all the way to the back of the barrel? Seems a little simpler

Edited by dragnet88, 09 July 2005 - 10:11 PM.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:37 PM

There are 1/2" CPVC couplers; I used one on my Titan. As for the darts, make them shorter and try stretching them before loading. That helps me a lot. Also, the interchangable barrels sound great! Good luck.
SexD Warves

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

You want the darts in the back of the barrels.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:18 AM

For pistols with shorter barrels, use shorter darts. Try using 1" or 1.5" stefans instead. It's most likely because your darts are too long. If you still cant get them in your foam is too big for CPVC.

Alot of you keep forgetting or dont realise what works for one person doesnt work for another. It all depends on your foam, the way you make darts, your barrel material, brand of material etc. So many factors.

#7 dragnet88

dragnet88

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

If I simply fixed the cpvc barrel onto the gun, with no couplers or anything like that, would that still work? I mean, the dart would stay at the end of the barrel, so I'm wondering if that will affect performance at all.

#8 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

It shouldn't, my NF has a fixed cpvc barrel and I can get just as good ranges as I need, I suggest a short barrel so there's about 1/2" in front of the stefan that you're using, this will slightly decrease ranges, but pistols are for quick reload time right? Don't forget to shorten your stefans to 1" to 1.5". Good luck!

HT

EDIT: The coulper is mostly there for a faster breech loading idea, however I enjoy the short barrel better, it's less of a hassle i my opinion.

Edited by Handlethis, 11 July 2005 - 11:03 AM.

Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users