New Gun

sm 1000

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

I got a sm 1000, and I don't know much about. Some things I wanna know is that is it a good loser or trooper gun. Does it only shoot black and pink lamaris or can it be modified to shoot megas or micros. I don't want to modify this particular gun to shoot farther, so what are the ranges for it stock. I also have a sm5k and I am also wondering how it compares to the sm5k. If anyone knows about the sm1k and is willing to reply to some of my questions it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:32 PM

You CAN modify it to shoot the green lamaries, I believe you just need to trim down the back a bit. Stock, they get really good ranges, probably around 35-40 off of 3 pumps. Compared to a stock SM5k? the SM1k wins hands down. Modded? figure out a way to mod the SM1k effectively first, I have yet to see one done so.

Any modifications you do to the gun are likely to make it shoot farther to start with, so might as well try to improve the gun while you're at it.

~ompa

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

I had one a year ago and modded it with great success. I cut six 3" pieces of 1/2" CPVC and wrapped electrical tape around them about 3/4 of the length. I Dremeled the exposed portion so that it would fit into the barrels on the drum. I them jammed the inserts into the barrels so that the CPVC fits down in the "slots" so the SuperMaxx air vavles would open. I was consistly hitting over 80 with four pumps. PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by Starbuck, 13 July 2005 - 12:13 AM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

You're really lucky to have one dude. I've been wanting one for a few months now. Good luck modding it; hope you can find a good way.
SexD Warves

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Wow. I was never able to jam much of anything down those damn barrels correctly- I tried 17/32 but I only ended up getting about 30-40 feet.

~ompa

#6 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:21 AM

Yes, I used CPVC that I Dremeled to get in there. I can't remember if I had to Dremel some of the insde of the barrel or not. But, regardless I got them in there. You just have to work with it.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#7 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:32 PM

Wow. I was never able to jam much of anything down those damn barrels correctly- I tried 17/32 but I only ended up getting about 30-40 feet.

~ompa

The same thing happened to me. I'm going to try what Starbuck did, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users