Photo

Nite Finder Laser Prob.

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfornuthin

nerfornuthin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:44 AM

The laster on my night finder seems to be working strangley. When I am about 5 feet away from a wall and use it, the point is big and has like a 1 inch diameter. Is there any way I can mod or fix this?

thanks

#2 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

If it were me, I would get rid of it. All it is is a light with a "focusing lens" that makes it look like a laser. I find it useless, so you could buy a laser pointer and stick that in there instead, would be better than the existing one.
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#3 Spaztic 75

Spaztic 75

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, if I were you I'd take it out completely, it just gives the opponent an early warning you are going to fire.
In the big picture I'm still next to nothing, he never talks to me.

#4 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, if I were you I'd take it out completely, it just gives the opponent an early warning you are going to fire.

Definitely.

It doesn't even work for aiming. You should be able to aim better without it anyways. It also adds weight. Take it out and you'll be a happier nerfer.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#5 nerfornuthin

nerfornuthin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

k thanks

#6 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

Well I dunno, personally I was very impressed with the light when I first received my NiteFinder. Even at 20 or so feet, the light diameter was fairly small, and surprisingly enough the darts always hit within a half foot of the light.

Now personally I don't know what's wrong with your light, but I guess it isn't a bad idea to take it out. I only took mine out because I had trouble pocketing it with it on.
Indiana '11

#7 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

You could just take the batteries out or not put them in the gun in the first place. That's the best way to fis the problem.
And yeah, I agree with AA, I like my Nite Finder's light. I use it in the one closest to stock condition. It's quite fun when you have it. but it's even better if you take it out and replace it with a SM750 valve.
:blink:
-Tidge.

Edited by The Inventor Guy, 10 July 2005 - 07:24 PM.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users