At3k Problems

leak?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

I brass barrel'd my AT3K and it was working fine until a few days ago. The problem is this: When I pump it half way, the air enters the tank normaly, but when I pump it all the way, all the air that was in the tank, if any, leaks out. I did plug the air release valve. Any ideas?
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#2 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

Maybe your check valve is busted. It's happened more than once on the At2k, never heard it on the at3k yet though.
Indiana '11

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

That exact thing happened to my silver one. I have no idea, but I would say check valve too.
SexD Warves

#4 Sunchip

Sunchip

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:20 PM

My first 3k did the same thing after I plugged the pump. It was the check valve. If it is, the only(easy) way to fix it is to use a new pump from another gun.
Sunchip of SDNT: If you can read this, cover your face

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

My first 3k did the same thing after I plugged the pump. It was the check valve. If it is, the only(easy) way to fix it is to use a new pump from another gun.

My at3k did it too. If you replace the pump you loose auto-rotation. I replaced the pump with a ball pump and singled it because I have two more and I'm in the process of expanding the airtank to have multiple shots.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thanks guys. I just bought this one, so I plan on fixing by any means necessary. Seems like the check valve is the logical choice. Luckily, I have another AT3K to use it's pump. Muchas Gracias.

*EDIT* You would,'t happen to know where the check valve is located, would you?

Edited by Yazz, 03 July 2005 - 08:14 AM.

Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#7 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

I have the exact same problem. It would be great to not have to single this gun because of a pump replacement.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#8 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:14 AM

I have the exact same problem. It would be great to not have to single this gun because of a pump replacement.

Couldn't you just rotate the barrels yourself?
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#9 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

The check valve is located in the part between the vinyl tubing up to the tank and the pump shaft. It should be just at the end of the pump shaft at the butt of the gun, inside that small chamber so you can't see it. You can attempt to fix it, but it'll be difficult, and you have to be precise. If I were you I'd just ditch it and work on the other At3k.
Indiana '11

#10 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:30 PM

I plugged a hole in my SM1500 with epoxy, if that is any help.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#11 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

Couldn't you just rotate the barrels yourself?

That would defeat the advantage of the AT3K: ROF. It doesn't not rotate, the problem is that it skips 1 or 2 barrels in the process.

Edited by Lukeinator, 09 July 2005 - 08:38 PM.

Ride it like it's stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users