Photo

Chewbacca's Bowcaster

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

The Bowcaster is a piece of crap out of the box. It gets around 20ft. stock. So I did a mod to it. I thought I had broken the piece of crap. Then I filed out some internals. I sawed off alot of the barrel. Then, put cpvc on the stub of the barrel. When I first shot it in my Florida room, I was so surprised. I took it outside and got around 50ft. flat. I was so happy. here's a few pics.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Been a while.
#bro

#2 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

You could trim down the tubing and get that barrel back so that it doesn't stick out so much. You would only gain manuverability but it may be worth the effort.

How is the spring on this gun? Could it do with a stretch? How does it feel? How is the plunger seal? How is the quality over all? How did you seal the barrel to the tubing? Looks like hot glue and duct tape.

#3 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

It's a spring gun? If it really is, then you should putt the barrel right up to the spring mechanism because when the air goes through that skinny tube, It loses some air pressure. Just sort of chop off the top part between the the spring mechanism and put the barrel right up to it. I'm sure you don't want to stick with 50ft because a pistol can go farther.
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#4 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

You could trim down the tubing and get that barrel back so that it doesn't stick out so much.  You would only gain manuverability but it may be worth the effort. 

How is the spring on this gun?  Could it do with a stretch?  How does it feel?  How is the plunger seal?  How is the quality over all?  How did you seal the barrel to the tubing?  Looks like hot glue and duct tape.

We were thinking of that. But I don't have the time, to do it. The spring is slightly smaller than a NF spring. It might be able to do a stretch. We tried an RF20 spring and couldn't get the plunger tube to close. The gun feels awesome, if you can fit your hand on the handle ( it's kind of small ). The seal is good. The quality is really nice. If by barrel to tubing, you mean to the cpvc it has a very nice seal.

Edit: Cerealkiller- That's a good idea, but like I said, I haven't the time. 50' is still better than 20', I'm just happy to see improvement.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 30 June 2005 - 06:49 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#5 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:43 AM

I got this blaster a while a go before ep. III came out and thought it was a crapper. If it gets 50 feet with the tubing still on then i guess i totally underestimated this blaster. It wouldnt be the first. i totally underestimated the lanard speed loader, until i finally got in there and fixed the breech-turret seal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users