Huge Ohio Nerf War

Huge, that is, if people come

13 replies to this topic

#1 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:50 PM

Recently, me and a few clan members thought it would be cool to host a huge Ohio war (huge, as in Apoc/Armageddon huge.) We need some ideas for the war, such as length, date, attendance, and of course a name. Here is what we were thinking...

Location: We have a lot of good, big, Nerfing locations (I can think of 6 within walking distance of each other) in our clan's area. So, if we were kicked out or had to leave an area for some reason, we would have plenty of backup locations. Our area would also be convenient for a lot of Nerfers in general, since a lot of people live in the general area of North East Ohio, and those who don't (but still live close enough to come to an Ohio war) can drive. There are also plenty of fast food joints in the area, and almost every Nerfing area has a grill and designated eating areas. Overall, there isn't really any problem with Nerfing in our area.

Length: Our usual wars are about 4 hours, but concidering the fact that this war will (hopefully) be a lot bigger, I'm thinking about 7-8 hours. We will have lunch time and breaks between battles of course. Also, as I stated previously, eating won't be a problem. You can pack a lunch, or drive to a variety (Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's, Taco Bell, "Dogs N' Taters (hot dogs, etc.), and Long John Silvers) of close by fast food joints, all of which are no more than a 10 minute (most are shorter) drive away.

Date: I don't know of a specific date, but I was thinking about a day in August. PLEASE post comments about this.

Attendance: Of course, EVERYONE is invited to this war. More specifically, people who live close by (Forgotton Hero and clan, TLM, U.N.C.U.T. and clan, Trav and friends, Meowmix and friends, and anyone left unnamed), are especially invited. Of course, the NEO Faction will be there.

Name: This is probobly the least important, just post any ideas you have if you want to.

Hopefully, this can get off the ground and turn into something great. Please post all comments as soon as you can.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#2 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:24 PM

I always liked Domestic Disturbance as a name for a huge war. I think you have a great idea and it would be nice to see a huge war that nots on the coast.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:27 PM

a lot of people live in the general area of North East Ohio, and those who don't (but still live close enough to come to an Ohio war) can drive.

So what's the shortcut from CA to OH?

Mapquest keeps giving me this lame 36 hour route... damn buggy software.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 03:12 PM

So what's the shortcut from CA to OH?

My guess is that an Airplane would do the trick.

-Diablo

#5 Puddle of Foam

Puddle of Foam

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:50 PM

I'll probably be able to come if I beg my dad. And cx, just take the route they give you and cut out the crap. You could probably cut the driving time in half....but plane would be faster. July would be better than August for me, but whatever you think is best.
Do you have the papers...?
No, but I have a big [BLEEP] gun. That's good enough for me!
-Fallout 2

If anyone was wondering, I'm RoboNerfer from NO. And I'm U.n.c.u.T.! on NerfHQ.

#6 Guest_The Lord Cow_*

Guest_The Lord Cow_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:58 PM

Crap. I can't make it. The DefCon is in August. Sorry.

#7 Nerf929

Nerf929

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 10:22 PM

I live near Columbus Ohio. What city are you talking about having the war in? I've never been to a public nerf outing. All i've done is play with my cousins. It sounds really fun.
The Boy Who Ate Fire
by: Adam (Me)

Once there was a boy who ate fire. He died.
The End

#8 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 09:58 AM

I live in South West Ohio... What city are you going to be holding the nerf war in?
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#9 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 11:06 AM

Well, since there were'nt really enough responses to the topic, there will be no "large scale" Nerf war in Ohio this year (well, at least not one hosted by my clan). If there is one next year, it will be in Brooklyn, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cleveland.

-Diablo

#10 taber man

taber man

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:02 PM

if only i weren't going to Texas next summer. oh well. maybe if we weren't i could ask if we could go to Ohio.
so this is a signature... wow, they're a lot smaller in person... o.O;

#11 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

Where in brooklyn exactly? I live in North Ridgeville which is about 20 minutes from there. If you can get an exact date I myself will not only come but the rest of my 7 person team will come.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#12 DarkSide

DarkSide

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

Pimpdaddy, read the date at the top of the post before yours.
This topic is almost 3 years old.
~D.S.~

#13 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

Smack! This topic is three years old, and most of the members who posted in this topic are no longer active. You need to start posting like you have the IQ that we require.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#14 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

The Lord Cow
Unregistered

That should have been a clue, no?

I believe this is the funniest case of newbenism I have yet to see, and I have done some pretty stupidly-funny things before...

Another hint: someone yelled at cx...that would never happen anymore. There are no members senior (that are regulars) enough to do that. I'm starting to think that perhaps, he didn't read the posts, but read the title, saw "Brooklyn" and figured, "Hey, I'm near that city."
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users