Retribution

Can you handle it?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

with the failure of ohsono, all i have to say is you better prepare yourself, this war WILL show just how good you are

This will be the first PUBLIC TWO DAY WAR ever, i've never seen one, so lets see how this goes

i'm open any day after the 22nd of july datewise, post days that will work for you

This will be the first nerf war held at the field, bring your game & plenty of ammo, you'll need it

Food is no problem, there are late night pizza deliveries, and a fire ring if you want to bring hotdogs or similar

I recommend cramming as much sleep as you can possibly get before this war in, as this is a 2 DAY LONG WAR, no sleeping, we WILL be playing at night, if you are scared of the dark, leave this topic now

The field is in the middle of nowhere, insect repellant is a must, as well as sunscreen & lots of water, as it's supposed to be in the 90's, it's over an acre square, so we have plenty of strategic ability

Now for the best part, i have OVER 30 GAMES we can play, the night rounds will have strategic lighting, but i recommend carrying a small flashlight, no laser pointers of any sort, dont want retinas being burned off by a stupid newb who wants to look cool by using a laser sight

This site is located
HERE

Some Pics:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

(Note: We need at the least 16 people for this to happen, i'm not going to waste 30 hours nerfing with 5 peole)

~Devious

Edited by Devious, 27 June 2005 - 12:19 AM.

#2 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that the Nerf Out you were planning ran into so many problems. Having organized my share of wars I can sympathize with your frustration.

Your 24-hour Nerf Out idea sounds very ambitious and I hope you can recruit players dedicated enough to help pull it off. We Horsemen actually tried organizing something very similar to what you're describing a few years ago (Fall 1999 to be exact). We had a good 18 or so confirmed attendees but in the end the elements did us in... and a lack of legal camping grounds. I prefer not to talk about it but feel free to PM me for the hilarious details. We still had fun though.

If I can offer any advice worth taking it would be to try getting at least one more standard war organized and executed. I recommend this for a few reasons;
1) Coming off of a succesful war will help build the momentum you'll need to pull in some larger clans for attendance.
2) Scout out player dynamics. If you're going to be using the same teams for 24 hours straight you want to make sure that they're balanced and the games are competitive. Or, if you're going to be mixing teams up, have an idea of who your 1st and 2nd string players are.
3) Invite people who you'll have fun hanging out with. There's going to be alot of down time during a 24 Hour play period so you want to be able to chill out and have fun bullshitting around with these people.

Finally, see if there are any upcoming Nerf Outs that you can attend. Even if the drive is an inconvenience for you, by making the effort to attend other's Nerf Outs they'll be more inclined to return the favor. Take Talio as a prime example of this; he convinced over like a dozen Nerfers to drive 2-3 hours to fucking Deleware to attend his war. Why? Because he's always willing to make the same drive up here for ANY event we're hosting.

I hope some of this was helpful. Good luck.

*Edited courteously by Famine, 06/27/05 19:44:DD

Edited by Famine, 27 June 2005 - 06:44 PM.

~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#3 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

the original war was being hosted at a park to convienence a local clan and host a small war there, well the locals forgot to make sure they had permission to attend, and backed out a week or so before the war with no chance of going, the other people coming up couldnt due to the low attendance

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:50 AM

This seems to completely reaffirm famine's comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users