Base

I need help

22 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf boy 99999

Nerf boy 99999

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:08 PM

I want to build a base in my living room and one in my bedroom.

My bedroom is at the bottom of one set of stairs at the end of a hallway with lots of cover and is dark.

The living room has one area with three walls between the front door and the dining room. The dining room is the only way in besides the front door.

I don't have any ideas any help would be great.

Edit: My first post!

Edited by Nerf boy 99999, 23 June 2005 - 07:09 PM.

spotter- target at 12 O-clock
me- target in scope
spotter- wind speed 1 knot west
me- set for 1 knot west
me- 3,2,1,fire
me- target down repet target down
spotter- conformed target down

#2 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:16 PM

I could help but I can't imagine what you are saying your house is like... Do you think you can make a diagram? Then i will be able to help you out. :ph34r:

~Alex

#3 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

I reccomend cardboard. Will take a Stefan (or even go through for cooler effects), is cheap, mobile (so your parents don't kill you for putting plywood in their den), and often is multi-sided (like, corners).

Make a few corner bunkers in each room (fold them a lot so they are storable) and cut a bunch of holes in them (to shove barrels through.

Inside wars with this kind of situation will be a blast, as long as everyone has proper face protection for a modded NF to hit them in the face from 5 feet away. After seeing what mine is capable of, I am never warring inside without my PB mask...
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#4 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

If you have a camera, take some pics and then more people can help you out. The cardboard idea is good though, you should go with that.

TS

#5 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

Yeah if you get some pictures or diagrams that would be great. Me and my brother are like, the fort making masters :ph34r: B).

Seriously though, I love making forts and stuff and do it all the time, so I can help you.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#6 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

If only my brother had proper face protection, inside wars like this would get me way back into actually Nerfing...

I have shop glasses, but those are only helping the eyes.

*sorry if a little off topic*
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#7 sonicyouth

sonicyouth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

just use what u have around the house eg pillows ,chairs ,blankets and ure couches it really easy just use your Imagination
rage against the machine rock

#8 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

It sounds to me like your biggest problem will be a good position in the bedroom. Is it right at the bottom of the stairs in such a way that someone on the top of the stairs will have the higher ground on the base? If so you need to build it so you can get completely behind something over which your opponent (brother?) can’t volley a shot. If possible, get that base somewhere that he has to actually come into the room to get you, that way you can get the jump on him. Turning a defensive into an offensive is a classic strategy.

#9 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

just use what u have around the house eg pillows ,chairs ,blankets and ure couches it really easy just use your Imagination

Ummm... wont some of the better stefans go right though the pillows,and blankets?
Sorry to also get off topic.

~ALEX

Edited by alex6432, 23 June 2005 - 11:18 PM.

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

Funny, I was just today thinking about how awesome it would be if you were taking cover behind a box and all of the sudden a Stefan came through about two inches from your head. Man, that would rule...

Anyway, yeah, like pinhead said, make a barrier that your opponent can not get a shot over at all, so that he/she has to actually come in to get you, that way you can shoot them while behind cover. Good luck!
SexD Warves

#11 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:51 AM

I highly doubt any ones stefans could go through a pillow or blanket, no matter what gun they used. But yeah, cardboard and duct tape will make a nice fort, you may want to use a pvc frame to stabilize it.

Edited by flamebo388, 24 June 2005 - 12:51 AM.

And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#12 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

If you layer the cardboard Stefan's won't do much to it. Also, when indoors, it's best to use pistols, like don't bring a singled AT2K inside... Better yet, just buy a couple of Nite Finders, and remove the pegs on them, but don't barrel them, and just use Stefans. Then the guns aren't too powerful and you won't break stuff.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#13 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:24 AM

Exactly! Has Ikea sapped your ability to build cushion forts?! Why, if I were a decade younger...
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#14 sonicyouth

sonicyouth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

There is noway a nerf bullet could go through a pillow
if a nerf bullet cant go through cardboard how could a
nerf bullet go through a pillow which is like 10 times Denser
then cardboad

#15 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:03 AM

Actually, a modded Titan could shoot through a few layers of cardboard with ease, but that is somewhat of an impractical gun and few people use them in wars, hopefully not indoors. A modded 2k could also pretty easily shoot through cardboard - I've done it!

Edited by NerfMonkey, 24 June 2005 - 04:04 AM.

SexD Warves

#16 sonicyouth

sonicyouth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:02 AM

yeah i agree now that a mod nerf gun can shoot through card board but still depends on how close u are and how thick the cardboard is

#17 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

Yeah, never underestimate chairs and blankets. They stop darts dead in their tracks. We used to play indoor now and then, making two bases and doing a WW1 style thing. Although eventually it would get boring and someone would chuck something heavy taking down a part of the fort. We made clear rules that there would be no projectile throwing, but it only sucked if you got a basketball to the face as it goes straight through a blanket bunker.

Fun times.

Talio.

Edit - Sonic Youth - READ IT NOW!

Double edit (because I'm a geek) - Just for the record, we here at NH have an official stance on the base issue.

*Ehem*

All your base are belong to us!
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#18 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

yea, but some people in my wars are verry, verry stupid. :ph34r: but yea i guss it would be hard to go though a pillow and blankets but im not going to risk it with my new modded titan B)

Edited by alex6432, 24 June 2005 - 09:29 AM.

#19 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

What I tend to use for indoor wars is chicken wire. Light, very easy to move, and will take a shot from any gun. All you have to do is just feed some string through one of the holes and tie it to something. It's also nice because if you play with a bunch of people you can see who is in the base and what there doing. Alot of fun with this idea.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#20 Nerf boy 99999

Nerf boy 99999

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:05 PM

Sorry I could not get on beacuse of exams in school and having to go the bed early.

My biggest problem is that I don't have any ideas for a barrier for my bedroom but they have to fire along a narrow hall way at the bottom of the stairs about 6m long and by the time they spot me they are dead.

I have made a base for the living room allready. I spent 20 minutes wating for the test to start and used that time to plan. :D

Edited by Nerf boy 99999, 24 June 2005 - 01:11 PM.

spotter- target at 12 O-clock
me- target in scope
spotter- wind speed 1 knot west
me- set for 1 knot west
me- 3,2,1,fire
me- target down repet target down
spotter- conformed target down

#21 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

Oh, and for those of you talking about Stefans not going through cardboard, it is possible, and was done before the Titan was released. If you properly modded a SM5000, or SM500 for that matter, carboard would be punctured by the dart, but not sail through it like a rail gun.

Unless of course you are using a Nail stefan, which my friends and I did back when started out for range testing purposes only.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#22 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Just Flip up some furniture, and, yeah, cardboard DOES work (Get the thick kind so the darts don't go through it)

#23 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

I think it's important to let you kids know that if a gun is powerful enough to shoot through cardboard, then it shouldn't be used for an indoor nerf war. Doing otherwise is asking for trouble from whichever parent owns the house. I mean, I know for a fact that my mom would have thrown a fit if we told her we used guns that powerful outside let alone in her basement.

However, if you feel as though you don't need to listen to my advice, wear eye protection; indoor wars are usually held in much closer quarters, which gives the dart no time to slow down before a hit is made.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users