Photo

Deca Barreled Xbow

8 replies to this topic

#1 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:56 AM

Some time soon I am going to finish Rawray7 crossbow mod but after i finsh i am going try to interagate two AT2ks (quad barreld and modded) into the space where the barrel was origanly. I would have one modded SSPB in the bottem of its stocks I know that everything will fit it is just how would i get my barrels to stay on and how much will it weigh?
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#2 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:46 AM

You can glue you barrels on the turrets with hot glue, super glue, or epoxy. You should use this to keep the turret on the air tanks though.
Why are you going to take the crossbow internals out after you modified it. I would leave the internals in and put one at2k on.(thats what I did to mine)

EDIT; it would weight as much as a crossbow shell, two at2k internals, and add a half of pound for glue, tape and triggers.(My crossbow/at2k integration weights 1 and 1/2 pounds

Edited by navy seal, 16 June 2005 - 07:49 AM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:12 AM

I really don't know why you guys insist on putting crap on a crossbow. It's a great gun as is, if anything most of the integration I've seen have made them worse.

This is going to be a tough mod, and even if you accomplish it, it's going to be ackward and fragile. It will be hard to use, not easy to fire and will be extremely touchy. Not to mention in alot of cases, these integrations are impossible to aim. I guess in some quazzi way, it would be cool looking, but it would probably be more of a frankenstein creation that won't be reliable in the long run.

Can it be done? Probably. Should it be done? Probably not.

My advice would be to play with the crossbow at least 10 times before you decide to do anything to it. That way, you'll have a good handle on how it works, why it's useful and how to use it. I think if you do that, you'll find that anything else to it will be unnessecary.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

i might not add anything if i can get ym rapid fire done... ( i am doing all the mods on it i could find witch is about 5) if i get it working then I probably wont add a AT2K to my Xbow.

PS. anyone know where i can get a stronger spring for my crossbow?

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#5 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:28 AM

PS. anyone know where i can get a stronger spring for my crossbow?

I believe that was talked about here Rawray actually suggested that you don't replace the spring, but that is completely up to you. Good luck with your crossbow.

HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#6 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

Most springs from hardware stores are to strong and can break the gun. The perfect spring replacment is a defender t3 arrow shooter and can be used with no reinforcment, or you can just use rubber bands.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#7 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

well i would use a Defender t3 spring but the only problem is that i dont have one! and i cant buy stuff from the internet :ph34r: i dought that thrift shops and grage sales will have one becasue i went out lokking and the first yard sale i stop at had only a sharshooter 2 (witch needs a new spring) and a night finder all the rest i went to had nothing...

#8 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

Shameless plug to a friends crossbow mod. It expands a bit where Rawray leaves off.
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

I've been working on crossbows for a while now, and I've found that two mini bungees adds the perfect amount of resistance and optimizes it's performance. Any more and you sacrifice accuracy. I've tested this with a variety of barrel types as well, and it always proves the same.

Ask anyone who plays with me, my bows shoot great.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users