Photo

Firefly Speculation

69 replies to this topic

#1 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:36 AM

I've been looking at the pic of the firefly that's been going around (HERE for quick reference, and I've been thinking about how it works and what to expect from it. First of all, note that this is a bettery powered gun, so there's going to be a space taken up in this thing for not only a two AA battery compartment, but also a light roughly the size of the nite finder target light (I'm guessing the battery pack is either inside the lower rail coming off the handle, or behind a screw in panel on the reverse side of the n-strike logo). The launch tubes are clear, meaning the light is built into the clear plastic assembly of the rotating drum to better illuminate each dart every time you fire, probrably meaning it'll be one solid chink of plastic, making brass, crayola, or pvc barrels hard to place in it if you're already tinking mod potential (like I am). If you look closely at the top, it has a side slide like the Maverick, but it's a bit more weightier looking, and with nerf being targeted twards kids, it's probrably not too late to speculate that they might change it to mount under the titan like the hornet. I beieve the cocking mechanism is that orange thing on the top. Doesn't look like you'd get much distance on the pull however, so unless they made the stock extend out to cock the spring, I don't think you're going to get too much pressure behind the dart. Speaking of the stock, notice the 4 built-in dart clips (I'm pretty sure there's 4 more on the other side. While I doubt they would put 16 rounds in the box with this, there's still room to hope. There's also the red led on the side. More than likely to show wether the switch for the light effects is turned on or off, but I still think that's not neccessary. ANd finaly, there's a pin mount on the back of the stock for a strap (this is another reason I don't think it cocks from the stock, though with a pin mount being on the titan stock, I could be wrong).

These are just me guessing stuff about it, but if you've actualy seen a prototype, or different pictures of it, please elaborate. I've heard from somewhere on these forums that it's supposed to have a bigger air chamber than the nite finder, but given how much of a minimum distance the slide has to go back, I don't think it will have the same power to it. But anyway, I took my shot at it, now you folks take a guess at this bad@$$ looking piece of foam death.

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

I'll make this simple.

First off...uh...your wrong. On just about everything. This is why speculation is bad.

Second, there are now three topics on this board about the new guns coming out, it was not nessecary to open a new one.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Nerf Warrior

Nerf Warrior

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:29 PM

I agree completely with Talio
-†Nerf Warrior†-

#4 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:24 PM

You should, since he is one of the two? people who have actually fired and seen the Firefly.
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

silver is correct, I am the other person. I pretty much summarized how they work in my ORIGINAL thread posting them as best I could. Why have there lately been all these threads popping up about them. And for god's sake, please either read my post or ASK me about how the Firefly works. Speculating only leads other assholes to BELIEVE it and post MORE about it. I just can't understand why everyone has to guess how the new blasters work when Talio and I already told you.
I hate you.

#6 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

BAH!! It's not SILVER- it's ssgt (Staff Sargent) siler!!
Siler is a technical sargent from Stargate SG-1, and is played by the stunt coordinator.
SILER IS THE MAN!
Sorry for that outburst, I've had too many people mistake my name for "silver"!

Edited by ssgtsiler, 06 June 2005 - 05:12 PM.

"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#7 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

Those dont like like dart holders at all.

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

SILVER, get over urself, and yes they are ammo holders. There are 4 on each side.
I hate you.

#9 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

Interesting, I tried to do a search first, listing "firefly" as the filter, but I didn't see anything other than one with the pic I linked to here, which wasn't the origional one, one with a poll, something about gun patents, and it was mentioned in the ask nerf questions, but I didn't come across anything that listed how it works. Was it not mentioned by name in the other post, or somewhere in the middle of a large thread?

Edited by Trogdorian Grey, 06 June 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#10 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...3952&hl=firefly

search harder

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Interesting, I tried to do a search first, listing "firefly" as the filter, but I didn't see anything other than one with the pic I linked to here, which wasn't the origional one, one with a poll, something about gun patents, and it was mentioned in the ask nerf questions, but I didn't come across anything that listed how it works.  Was it not mentioned by name in the other post, or somewhere in the middle of a large thread?

The topic that everyone is referring to is this. From what I can tell, Trogdorian Grey missed a critical part of the Haven search tool. I have included what I think his oversight was. He shouldn't be embarassed, because I often see members make this mistake. The trick with searching is to not limit the time span of the topics to be displayed. Unfortunately, the forum default is set to 30 days. If I were to make a bet, that was the problem. For clarity, I did my best to duplicate the search Trogdorian Grey did, but changed the time span and circled the change.

Posted Image

EDIT: Footemps beat me because I was making the screen shot. ^_^
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#12 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

For the record, footemps got the right thread, and on page 8 of that thread is where I originally posted the pictures.

EDIT, here's one better. I took it upon myself to define the firefly once and for all. Here it is:

Posted Image

Edited by One Man Clan, 06 June 2005 - 10:32 PM.

I hate you.

#13 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

sub-optimale

#14 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

So they are going back to the Electric Eel type high intensity light and "tracer" darts... interesting...
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#15 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:29 PM

I know I’m really the only one that thinks this gun won’t live up to its hype. I’m sure it’ll be a blast unmodded, but really it seems like it’ll end up being a large NightFinder with poorer ranges unless Hasbro breaks habit and puts effort into a good barrel seal… though I’ll buy one anyway. It looks pretty.. I’m a consumer whore.

I just wish hype would die back down till it comes out.
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

#16 chiefthe

chiefthe

Hasbro Engineer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

Just wanted to correct OMC's posting: it is a flash bulb (like on a camera), not an LED that flashes to light the darts.

Since you guys didn't see the internals, it is a minor mistake, but wanted to correct it early. I know how mis-information can spread and disappoint.

To confirm, the internals are more NiteFinder-like than Maverick-like.

And because I know I'll get this question, you should see it in stores in early September.

chiefthe

#17 torch

torch

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Where did you get that information from.

TELL ME
^_^

#18 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:50 AM

TELL ME
^_^

He works for hasbro.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:50 AM

chiefthe is our very own inside source from Hasbro...

Don't worry, most newbies around here don't know that.

Newbie.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:14 AM

TELL ME
^_^

He works for hasbro.

She works for Hasbro.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#21 torch

torch

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

Thanks ^_^

#22 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

You didn't deserve a response. You're an asshat.

#23 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

Happy 12th birthday torch...
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#24 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Happy 12th birthday torch...

Well now, isn't that interesting...

Account Suspension Notification

torch,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. I'm giving you a year to reach the minimum age requirement of this forum and another year for lying on the membership agreement. It's suddenly much more clear why your posts look like they were written by an eleven-year-old. Happy Birthday!

Your account will not be functional until Jun 7 2007, 09:42 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

#25 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

Cxwq, i love you

* drops an NIB xbow in the mail for you *

Anyways, it looks like a new spring will do much good in the modding ways with this gun

1 q though, are they phillips head, or triangle head screws?

Edited by Devious, 07 June 2005 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users