Posted Image

Here's the write-up for it:
http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54637042

Ranges: 60-65 ft. score: 8/10
ROF: Stinkin' awesome : score: 9/10
Reliability: pumping fast => skipping : score: 5/10
Coolness factor: I love this thing. : score: 9/10
Sturdiness: These guns tend to feel slightly flimsy : score: 6/10
stock-mod: The difference between this gun stock and modified is amazing: score: 8/10

Edited by mayhem, 12 June 2005 - 07:43 AM.

#2 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Beautiful, I love the SM3k. I had all 3 (blue, green, and yellow) and modified all 3, but they broke years ago due to aging. I traded with a member from this site (who I will not name), and never recieved the SM3k (yellow). I lost a ratchetblast and a mantaray for it...
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#3 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

(who I will not name)

Wouldn't it be best to name the person? That way noone gets ripped off...
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#4 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

A good point. I have the newest, and probably crappiest version of the sm3k. I spent all this time modding it, and the second I tried to test it the pump handle snapped. Apparently that happens a lot. I ended up shoving a big nail through it and covering the point end in a lot of fbr hot glue electrical tape and such. Hey, it works now even if I don't use it much.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#5 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

(who I will not name)

Wouldn't it be best to name the person? That way noone gets ripped off...

Since that trade, I have not seen a post, or comment by him what-so-ever, so I think that was his good bye present, or something. If I see him back here, I will let an administrator know and deal with it.

Edited by The Large Moose, 13 June 2005 - 12:29 AM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#6 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

I wanted to say nice job on the write-up. I have been intimidated to open my sm3k yellow because of how much I paid for it on ebay but it's useless until I do since I have no larami darts. I would like to know what sizes of pvc you used and another pic of the turret assembly would be nice (but not neccessary).

#7 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

I opened mine up last night after reading your mod and found some undocumented steps had to be taken. In particular, I had trouble removing the turret with only the bottom right screw removed. I had to remove the screw on the back of the turret and it's attached to a spring thingy that may be hard to get back on. A small metal rod (about 1cm) fell out and I don't know where it goes. It's not the one on the spring thingy, that one is still there. Do you know where it might go? Sorry I can't be more specific.

Also, I'm using crayolas nested in 1/2 sch40 pvc to fire stock micros (what my war mates allow). How long should the pvc barrels be? If I'm going to be using stock micros, should I shove them all the way down the pvc into the crayola?

#8 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

When the gun is apart you'll see a lot of junk and screws here and there (look at picture 8).
We will only be taking one screw out, if your gun is facing right, it's the bottem most right screw you see. It's right next to the barrel assemby and it has a kind of spacer attached to it. Unscrew it and then everything in your gun will be detached except for the barrel turning mechanism. Leave that on. There is a metal rod on the thing you just unscrewed that is "under" the barrel turning mechanism. You have to take it out at an angle to get it loose.

Okay, now we're going to take the barrel assembly off.
Find the screw that attaches the barrel assemby to the airtank section. Unscrew it, take the parts off, remember the right order, and slip your barrel assembly out. While taking this part a small white piece will fall out of the green part (see picture 8, and read the text by it) Don't lose it, and remember where it goes.

The bottem right screw lets you take the airtank+barrel assembly off (still attached by the vynil tubing)
I underlined the part where I tell you to take the barrelassembly off.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's not as clear as it could be, I'll work on that.

About the metal rod, I only remember the one that's attached to the thing with the spring. Do you have the old green/yellow version or the newer blue version ? If you can't figure it out I'll take mine apart to see if I can see it anywhere. (judging from your other post it's a yellow edition.)

About barrels and stuff: I'm not an expert, I just use what I have. Just go with what works for you.

#9 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for your help mayhem. I noticed that everything that is white/yellow/green on yours is black on mine, and it is a yellow edition. I re-read your instructions and I think I did everything right.
I ran out of crayolas last night so I will let you know if I have trouble putting it back together tonight (and maybe take a pic or two). Do you mind if I post a pic of my turret in your thread?

#10 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:39 AM

Glad I could help.
Please post anything you want.
Hope it all works out.

#11 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

I'm pretty new to modding, so I managed to mess up the barrel rotation mechanism somehow. It wasn't hard to put together and I think everything was in the right place. After tightening the screws, I picked it up and the barrel rotation worked! But then on the 2nd or 3rd pump, I heard a snap and a 1 cm rounded plastic piece was ejected from the gun!

So it works, but I have to rotate the barrel manually most times (it does work on its own sometimes). However, the coolest thing is how hard this gun shoots! I had never observed the smoke coming out of the barrel until I fired this beast. My friend shot me point blank with a screamer micro and left a welt on my chest! Then she shot me in the rear and that hurt too! (Lesson: don't hand a high powered nerf shotgun to a female friend!) Anyway, I went with 5" barrels and wrapped e-tape around crayolas to fit in the stubs with sch40 pvc around it.

Thanks again for the help and pics Mayhem!

#12 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:26 AM

I think that gas is just some moisture build up in the airtank and then it comes out in a gas form when you fire.

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#13 pandolina

pandolina

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

I am looking for a diagram of the barrel rotation mechanism. I saw one in a post a while ago, however, it was hard to see all the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have used the search to no avail.

#14 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Its probably not a good idea to post in old topics.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#15 pandolina

pandolina

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

#16 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but, there are two different rotation mechs on the yellow edition SM3K. I don't know which (if either) is old and which is new generation, but one functions similarly to other rotation mechs (like AT3K and AT4K) and the other has a rotation mech which I have never seen anywhere else before. I haven't taken the time to fully understand how it works, but instead of having an incline on the pump hand that rotates the turret, it has a pneumatic piston that, when pressurized rotates, the turret. I have four of these and I think I have two of each style. Sometimes, if you have a bad seal on the pump piston, and you're using the type that uses a pneumatic piston to rotate the turret, it can take more than one pump to build up enough pressure to rotate the turret.

I'm curious to find out who has which kind of SM3K. So all of you owners of the SM3K (yellow edition), does your rotation mech work via pressurized air or via the pump action? Have you had more problems with one or the other?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users