Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

i'm not kidding, no pics yet, but i should be able to get some tomarrow

you need:

A Pulsator (Duh :roll: ) easily aqcuired
a pair of pliers
a phillips screwdriver
Masking tape
2 days time and a hardware that sells springs

heres what you do, open up your pulsator and remove the screws in those long tan pieces going into the barrel, remove the barrel & tan piece, take them apart and wrap tape around the plunger head, this gives you more power. now thouroughly lubericate the plunger, plunger tube & gear, and put it back together.

now the difficult part, take and hold the gun so you can see down the barrel, CAREFULLY use your pliers (i used needlenose) to pry those yellow spring caps out. remove the absolutely horrid stock springs out and replace them with a pair of hardware store springs that are about the same length (slightly longer, NOT SHORTER) and a bit stroger (2x stronger than stock is about what mine are)

place these springs into the barrles & replace the yellow springcaps

Congrats, you have just turned a pulsator into a ballcannon of doom

stock ranges (orange Vers): 10' flat, 21' angled
Modded Ranges: 35' Flat, 43' Angled

~Devious

#2 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:46 PM

You're missing two key steps:

1. Toss that piece of shit in the trash

2. Wash hands.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#3 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

You're missing two key steps:

1. Level it at someone

2. laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls

i fixed your post, free of charge ;)

#4 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls

;)
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#5 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

Davis raises an interesting point.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#6 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

Using tape the improve the seal is a good idea for this blaster, it has very weak plunger tips- and, unlike in a spring gun, the extra friction won't cause the range to suffer since you can easily overcome it with a stronger push. However, your idea for replacing the stock springs in it shouldn't add any noticeable range. The gun is manually pressurized and fired when the air pressure from you pushing the handle forwards overcomes the seal of the ball in the lip of the barrel. If you can build up more AIR pressure behind the ball before it is released, then it will go further. The springs only serve a purpose to feed the next ball into the end of the barrel... Just like in a Ballzooka, fixing the springs will only decrease mis-fires, not make it more powerful.

I'm glad you enjoy your pulsator (maybe now worthy of a capital P for you?), I have 3 or 4 and frankly they're just not worth messing with.

(duplicate post on NHQ, but I thought you guys here on NH would want to agree with me too.)

Edited by Jangadance, 11 June 2005 - 01:43 AM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

It's like the Maverick, as I see it. It would be an interesting mod and make it into an awesome indoor weapon, on account of its great RoF, but I wouldn't bother, because there are other guns with decent rates of fire that can achieve better ranges when modded. That's just me though; it's an interesting mod, but I'd just use a Ballzooka or MP-150, if I could get my hands on one.

It is a good idea though, if you like ballguns and high RoF guns.
SexD Warves

#8 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

janga: You are Half right, air pressure from the plunger forces a plastic cap under the balls where the spring is attached forward, increasing the power of the springs means a much more forceful pop from this cap, i can grab a pic if you would like to see

if we were talking about the ballzooka however, janga would be entirely right

basically....

Better seal from plunger = More air pressure moving the firing cap
More air pressure on cap = More force on the springs
Stronger springs = more force on the balls in the barrel
More force on the balls = more range

with the stock springs, i noticed zero change in range with taped plungers, at most 3 more feet, by replacing the stock springs i made them less resilient to compression, creating double the firing force, which equals more range, which equals a pulsator thats worth using

I'm going to use it as a primary at ohsono, should be fun in the area we are playing in

NerfMonkey: I'm an absolute fan of ballguns, anywhere there is a possibility of a ricochet and dodging wont even save you

Davis: Glad to see you get the joke

Jskater: Yes he does ;)

Edited by Devious, 11 June 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

janga: You are Half right, air pressure from the plunger forces a plastic cap under the balls where the spring is attached forward.

The yellow plastic cap isn't even airtight inside the barrel, besides it has holes in it. The only purpose it serves is to keep the balls positioned at the lip of the barrel, so that you can manually fire them.

Logically, the only way replacing the springs would help the Pulsator's performance would be if it allowed for a better seal of the ball against the lip of the barrel. This might let more air pressure build up and not escape before the ball seals the barrel. If so, congratulations and I hope you enjoy your Pulsator. But don't claim that the springs push the ball out faster. And yes, post pictures if you would please.

In summary, nearly every ballgun is MANUALLY AIR PRESSURIZED with a single pump action, which also 'triggers' and fires when the pressure behind the ball overcomes the friction on the lip. That means that springs do not fire the blaster. This goes for the Blast-A-Ball, Blast-a-Matic, Master Blaster, Ballzooka, Pulsator, Ballzooka, and the generic Ball Blasters & Atomizers. Not included are the Slingshot, Ripsaw, Motorized Ballzooka, SM5000, and Cyclotron.

Edited by Jangadance, 11 June 2005 - 05:45 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

Top to bottom:

The lady in black - Hornet, cpvc barreled with custom paintjob
Quasar - Pulsator, spring replacement, taped plungers
Shyft - BBB, cpvc barreled, spring replacement, EaB stock, purple scope to make camo easier to see, "losing Balence bar" a cut down bow arm to make prone firing easier, feather touch trigger

Writeup pics to follow, if necessary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users