Photo

Any Ideas, To Make This Chain-fed?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

So most of you know my gun, it's a NF with a chain on it. Are there any ideas of how to make this Chain-fed? The chain needs to go out, turn, then slide back in. If you haven't seen my gun here's a picture.
Posted Image

Edited by Sqiggs89, 10 June 2005 - 04:28 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Um....why exactly would you do that and how often do you actually nerf? For one thing, the NF is a great gun, but adding the chains to it is going to create a poor seal, weakening an already weak gun. It's a pistol, and chain guns are shott and perform lowsy. Way I see it, anyone with a normal nitefinder would basically hit you out while your dicking with the chains. I mean, I guess it's cool looking, but I don't really mean it. Mostly it just seems useless for field puproses. More power to you though.

In the mean time, no one is going to have an good idea of how to make that work, because the idea in whole is bad.

I don't want to hear one person talk back to me either that I'm being negative. Most of your who would do that don't nerf enough either to know that this is not going to work, so save it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

I think it could be effective if you forgot the whole chain idea, and just took each of those Crayolas and kept them separate. Then, you could just pull one out of your pocket filled with shotgun darts, load it in and only have to load once instead of three times to get the same number of darts. It doesn't get superb ranges, but is still effective in wars, as it maintains its accuracy and if he carries his other NF, which is still nearly stock in terms of the number of barrels, it is pretty effective. The idea doesn't make much sense to me either, but if you use it as a normal NF with a barrel replacement or fill the Crayolas with shotguns and keep them separated, you could use it effectively indoors. Talio, Sqiggs probably Nerfs about once every other week, average. But we will be a lot more this summer. Please don't interpret this as backtalk, I'm just explaining that he does actually Nerf and this was mostly just for experimentation purposes.
SexD Warves

#4 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

I think it could be effective if you forgot the whole chain idea, and just took each of those Crayolas and kept them separate. Then, you could just pull one out of your pocket filled with shotgun darts, load it in and only have to load once instead of three times to get the same number of darts. It doesn't get superb ranges, but is still effective in wars, as it maintains its accuracy and if he carries his other NF, which is still nearly stock in terms of the number of barrels, it is pretty effective. The idea doesn't make much sense to me either, but if you use it as a normal NF with a barrel replacement or fill the Crayolas with shotguns and keep them separated, you could use it effectively indoors. Talio, Sqiggs probably Nerfs about once every other week, average. But we will be a lot more this summer. Please don't interpret this as backtalk, I'm just explaining that he does actually Nerf and this was mostly just for experimentation purposes.

I have to agree to that, but the NF is a great pistol, giving it a chain will as said, Destroy the seal, unless you find a way to keep it, and make it much larger than a pistol probably should be. I think it's a good idea, but not quite along the right lines. If you manage to fix those problems, great! Power to the people, but I think you should work on it a little more before transforming your NF. Oh, and one more thing: if you aren't going for the circle chain idea, try to keep the chain straight.

Good luck,
HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#5 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

Barely any air escapes, I have the barrels duct taped so they have a tight fit with the pvc. But, due to what you think, it's making me beleive the chain is stupid and inefective, so I'll probably be just going back to the crayolla/pvc mod. The mod for the chain was just from playing with it. It wasn't really meant for anything right now. And Talio, not intended for backtalk, but I nerf most all chances I get. School just ended so I'll be nerfing a lot more.
Been a while.
#bro

#6 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:33 AM

Why don't you make a NF20 if you so desperately want to do this?
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#7 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

Well I don't desperatly want to do this, I thinkI'd be cool if it would work good. I made this in my spare time to see if it would work. And I thought I might see if anyone can make this auto-rotate to keep it how it is. So I remodded it, to make the seal better. I'd say get like 50-60 feet, not too good, but I lke it.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 11 June 2005 - 07:56 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users