Powerclip Stripper Clip

An alternative to extra clips

3 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

Well, I just got my Powerclip up and running again. As afore mentioned, it's a wonderful weapon. I really want to use it in the next war we have here, but I've only got one clip because I haven't had time to go on a wild goose chase to find a couple extra clips.

Well, to remedy the problem of having one clip, I turned to old world military rifles. Most military rifles of the early 1900s were a turn-bolt action rifle with a box magazine (exceptions: 1895 Steyr was a straight pull bolt, the 1889 Schmidt-Rubin was also a straight pull, and the 1886 Lebel had a tubular magazine) that was loaded using a stripper clip. A stripper clip is a piece of metal that holds usually 5 rounds of ammo. You inserted it into the top of the magazine and push down to load the rounds. This was all before the box magazine of the M-16 and AK-47.

I devised a stripper clip and made it from poster board. I cut out roughly the length and width of the PC clip. I took an Exacto knife and cut out holes for each of the 10 spaces on the clip. And here are the results and step by step usage:

Posted Image
The clip loaded with 10 rounds.

Posted Image
The stripper clip beside the PC clip.

Posted Image
Insert the stripper clip into the PC clip.

Posted Image
Push down until the clip is flat again the PC clip.

Posted Image
Now, quickly push all the rounds down into the clip.

Posted Image
The PC clip is loaded and the stripper clip is discarded.

One can produce a PC stripper clip in under 5 minutes, however, this device is in its infancy. A noticeable problem is that the rounds get turned into different directions, thus making it harder to load the PC clip. The other problem is that the poster board is flimsy. I believe if I use a thin wood to make the stripper clips, it should correct both of those problems. This stripper clip system should hold me over until I can secure a couple more PC clips. Feel free to ask questions. I hope you have enjoyed!
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#2 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

Very nice, I like it.
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#3 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

Pretty practical, starbuck. Simple but very effective.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

Thank you, gentlemen. ^_^
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users