Why You Should Never Nerf With An Idiot:

16 replies to this topic

#1 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

*snip*

Edited by Nerforbust, 10 June 2005 - 09:43 AM.

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

I would recommend that you channel the time you spent on that towards actually Nerfing. You'll enjoy being outside a lot more than Flash (blah!). By the way, I don't think it's funny.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

Its not the worst thing you could post on these boards.

#4 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

HOLY SHIT! That dude modded a D.Eagle to shoot darts hard enough to sever your lower spinal column!

Seriously though, I don't understand what the hell this animation has to do with Nerf but then I didn't understand what DBF had to do with Nerf either.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#5 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

I Nerfed once. True story.

Edited by Evil, 10 June 2005 - 12:01 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#6 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

I would recommend that you channel the time you spent on that towards actually Nerfing.

Uh huh.. Well, there isnt a nerf war everyday, and Famine, He is shocked that he was shot, and fell down.

#7 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, I usually don't fall over when I get shot with a Nerf dart. I dunno, is your inner ear fucked up or something? Get a doctor to check that shit out dude...
~Famine
of Mag-7

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

Unfortunately, SOME of us have problems getting nerf wars, as it's illegal in our entire county, and some surrounding counties. Not to mention the police are anal over here. Compounding the problem is the fact that some of us cannot drive yet, hence cannot drive far enough (probably at least a 30 minute drive) to nerf with the maybe 3 or 4 other people interested in the area (parents are unwilling as well). Also, maybe you guys are different, but the parents around my area are anal about any type of flying object in their vicinity. Brookfield is a horrible place to live if you enjoy shooting or throwing anything.

Sometimes, circumstances only allow for a very limited amount of "nerfing". I think some of you that constantly bash others for not nerfing are kind of being unfair, seeing as circumstances are different for everyone.

And I DON'T want to be slapped with the $1500 fee if you're caught shooting something. The letter says any projectile weapon propeled by air, water, or combustion. Now, I COULD take the risk and hope the cops aren't anal that day, but if they are, I'd be utterly screwed. Yes, also have contacted our local police department, they told us not to hold a nerf war in this county. And prospects in the surrounding counties don't look to bright either, contacted a few of those.

I think you guys should stop pounding on the guy, one person telling him his flash was useless is enough.

And famine, it's a flash movie, and I think there's been enough criticism of it for one day.

I've seen people say "get out and nerf!" so many times already. Now, I don't mind the friendly kind, or sometimes the sarcasm included, but it's when people just start going off on people for it that ticks me off. It always seems to be the older members of the community as well- but unfortunately, many other members are NOT old enough to drive ourselves/have parents that will let us nerf often. While I do agree with all of you that getting out and nerfing is the most important aspect of the hobby, sometimes it's very hard for some of us to do so.

Oh, and Shindig, this isn't really directed towards you, your post just reminded me of some other posts that have ticked me off. Just to let you know, so no bad feelings.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 10 June 2005 - 11:26 AM.

#9 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

Perhaps he enjoys making flash animations. You cant NERF every day. Some of us have other hobbies and things we like doing.

#10 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

If all you do is one hobby, and you do it extensively, it WILL get boring after awhile in my personal expirences. Having a mix of things you enjoy doing and spending a decent amount of time on each makes the hobbys last longer and seems more interesting, or maybe thats just video games..... either way, keep it up nerforbust. Its your opinion that counts, not theirs. Although this place may not be the best place to post something like that.

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 10 June 2005 - 12:20 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#11 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

Unfortunately, SOME of us have problems getting nerf wars, as it's illegal in our entire county, and some surrounding counties. Not to mention the police are anal over here. Compounding the problem is the fact that some of us cannot drive yet, hence cannot drive far enough (probably at least a 30 minute drive) to nerf with the maybe 3 or 4 other people interested in the area (parents are unwilling as well). Also, maybe you guys are different, but the parents around my area are anal about any type of flying object in their vicinity. Brookfield is a horrible place to live if you enjoy shooting or throwing anything.

Sometimes, circumstances only allow for a very limited amount of "nerfing". I think some of you that constantly bash others for not nerfing are kind of being unfair, seeing as circumstances are different for everyone.

And I DON'T want to be slapped with the $1500 fee if you're caught shooting something. The letter says any projectile weapon propeled by air, water, or combustion. Now, I COULD take the risk and hope the cops aren't anal that day, but if they are, I'd be utterly screwed. Yes, also have contacted our local police department, they told us not to hold a nerf war in this county. And prospects in the surrounding counties don't look to bright either, contacted a few of those.

I think you guys should stop pounding on the guy, one person telling him his flash was useless is enough.

And famine, it's a flash movie, and I think there's been enough criticism of it for one day.

I've seen people say "get out and nerf!" so many times already. Now, I don't mind the friendly kind, or sometimes the sarcasm included, but it's when people just start going off on people for it that ticks me off. It always seems to be the older members of the community as well- but unfortunately, many other members are NOT old enough to drive ourselves/have parents that will let us nerf often. While I do agree with all of you that getting out and nerfing is the most important aspect of the hobby, sometimes it's very hard for some of us to do so.

Oh, and Shindig, this isn't really directed towards you, your post just reminded me of some other posts that have ticked me off. Just to let you know, so no bad feelings.

~ompa

Uh, but we're agreed that his Flash blows, right?
~Famine
of Mag-7

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:44 PM

Well, if anyone knows about the Bitey series, or the Fallen Angel movie, compared to those, his flash does need some work. Then again, the people who made those probably spend a bit TOO much time making those movies.

My main complaint is that it's REALLY choppy. Fix that, and I guess it'd be ok for a short stick flash.

~ompa

#13 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:40 PM

Ompa! You hit it right on the head, my friend. I'm the only person that is interested in Nerf in.. say a 200 mile radius. One of these days I'll make it to a Socal war. Someday.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#14 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

Where did I say I used flash?

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

I think it's time to let this thread die. We've already established it's retarded, now get onboard the clue train.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#16 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

We've already established it's retarded

Let me see someone do better, without flash. that is my first animation ever.

I am sorry I dont have wars or new guns everyday so I can show you my mod, or tell you about the war. I am sorry I dont have money for the trading forum. I am sorry I dont have a revolutionary mod or a super rare gun. I am sorry I dont like doing write-ups or asking questions because I get flamed. I am sorry I tried to make a animation. I am sorry for looking into animation as a little side hobby. I am sorry that I am interested in more then just nerf. I am sorry I like to do things like post about my favorite game or band. I am sorry I dont have 'mad skills' in animation making. I am sorry I have a life. I am sorry.

Is that good? I am sorry I dont meet your standards.

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

Nerforbust:

Let me clarify something. I expect that most members have lives outside of this community. Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life. Many of us have outside talents, which we should be proud of. However, I don't think these should be paraded around in the off topic forum. I think by spending more time in off topic, some members lose sight of what the community is about. I don't hate off topic or you for that matter, but I feel that some people are headed in the wrong direction. I would rather see productive nerf discussion than stupid games in off topic.

I was harsh towards your project, but perhaps you need to understand that I am a grumpy old guy around here. I have seen more animated pictures and games related to Nerf than the amount of birthdays you have celebrated. It gets old, real quick. I'm here to work on Nerf related projects and plan my Nerf outings, I save everything else for my phsyical life. I want guys like you to understand this and be on my team. Will you join?

Ompa:

Point taken and noted; that sucks man. However, much of my efforts are not directed at you because you actually contribute content to this community. Since much of the communiy's members are rather lazy, I would rather encourage them to Nerf than try to acquire content from them. Besides, I get a hell of a lot more enjoyment in Nerfing than working on articles, etc for the community. Let's face it, we're here for the fun. I want to have as much fun as possible and wish the same to everyone else.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users