Photo

Pa Nerfers, And Other Stuff

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Okay, here's the deal. I'll be in Penn. during the weekend of July 9th and 10th. I'll also be there a few days before, and a few days after. During the Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday, I'll be busy. I'll be in some place called Jim Thorpe, no I have no idea where that is...some where relatively mild, I hope. I think it's near the mountains, but that's only speculation.

Anyways, if there are any Nerfers in the area, let me know. I'd be cool to hook up and get a little Nerf in. I haven't played forever, I just have a few little toys left around...but those little toys are more than sufficient for some light Nerfing.

Better yet, is anyone going to Skirmish USA on that weekend for the D-Day scenario? I'm going with my "team" (quoted because we're just a group of 20+ rabid recballers, though they did a few tournies this year), and it'd be cool to play with some of you guys on the paintball field, then do some Nerf afterwords. Likewise, lemme know if any of you are gonna do an afterparty...I imagine we will, so it'd be cool to slide between a few of them.

Like I said, in terms of Nerf gear, I'm limited to just a few pistols. Nonetheless, I really enjoy just playing with one or two of them. I also have a few Maxshots laying around if I need them. No darts at all, haven't made any for a long bloody time...I'm almost afraid to do it. :P

In terms of PB gear, I'm racked. I'm waiting for my custom Phantom to come in, it should be here in a week or two...the damned anno took way too long. I can't wait to use it though, hopefully be able to get a few weekends of play in with it before Skirmish. I really need to save paint there, because of the whopping paint cost. I'm used to getting a wonderful "employee discount", ya see. Anyways, I'll also have my uberMag, and should have an 04 Vision Shocker for use, too. In addition to all the 1337 playing gear. If anyone needs it, I have spare sets of gear, it's more than adequate. Not really high end, but overall beats the Tippmann's Skirmish hands out. If any of you need anything, let me know, I can hook you up.

If anyone is going to be in the area, or is in the area, please let me know.

- B
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 Sunchip

Sunchip

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

I live in PA, around Pittsburgh. I have no idea where "Jim Thorpe" is, but I'll Mapquest it and see where you'll be in relation to me. I don't pb so if I were to come, it would only be for nerf.

Edit: Jim Thorpe is around 5 hours from me. Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to attend this war.

Edited by Sunchip, 08 June 2005 - 09:05 PM.

Sunchip of SDNT: If you can read this, cover your face

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:29 PM

Jim Thorpe is around the poconos area. It's actually not a bad little town. I've driven there before once on one of my many PA road trips. I remember there being a little Museum that explained the city and a lake you could swim in if you went up the main road and outside of the city a bit.

D day huh? Can you get me a link to information. I like road trips and I'd be cool with taking a ride up for that. I have my own crap. I've got a silver Phantom VSC with clear parts kit, 45 grip and stock. I normally use a 3.5 oz, because 12 grams are a pain in the ass and just cost more money. I also have a nice new Ion a picked up a little while ago with some extra cash from a big project at work and my tax refund. So, July 10th huh? I'd be willing to consider it at least.

I can bring all my nerf crap up there, and well, I just have a ton of goof stuff I can use, so don't sweat it.

Rags, hop on AOL and we'll talk.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image

D-Day Stuff

I don't use AIM now, but toss me an email.

aovboy@gmail.com

#5 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

I think that RAMBO hits up D-Day. I know he skipped it last year to nerf. Maybe it was another Paintball tournament or something.

Edited by crankymonky, 09 June 2005 - 03:33 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#6 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

Heh, D-Day's not a tournament...just thousands of people shooting each other.

And there's no wet T-Shirt contest this year. Damn. All the good vendors should be there, so start saving the pennies.

If anyone needs a place to crash in the area, let me know. It turns out I might be there for a full week...depends on how the dudes I'm going with are gonna do this.

Come on, I know more people than this wanna get out and Nerf...did everyone become a lazy bum lately or something? Is forum-camping more fun than actually playing now?

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:47 AM

72 bucks for a case of Draxuss! It better not be the white box! seriously though, I won't be using my Ion for this trip. I'll use an embarassing amount of paint and thats almost 30 bucks over what I pay at my local field. The fill prices are pretty rediculous too considering you pay so damn much for everything else. Christ, I'm almost tempted to take my Phantom with those prices. I could use the A5, but god damn, those prices are a bitch.

Rags, where are you staying? A concern I have is food. If you have access to a refridgerator, it's cool. I'll bring my grill and have at it.

Looks like the drive is about 2 hours from here. Price is a concern. Adding up the total cost I found that it's going to be more expensive then some of the PB guns I've bought and traded. However, I'll think about it some more.

Talio.

Edit: Rags - my harness only carries three pods, because it's more then I use in half a day normally. Do you have an extra one that carries a bit more?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I'll be at D-Day this year, get me more info about nerfing, I'll get there depending on the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users