Photo

Found A New Nerf-style Gun

Movie tie-in Hitchhiker's (Marvin's Gun)

11 replies to this topic

#1 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

I found this gun at a Suncoast Video store. It is a tie-in product for the movie, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." This is the gun that Marvin the Android uses in the film. It performs just like a Nite Finder, except that it has no "laser". Instead, there are 2 red LEDs on the back of the gun that light up when you prime it and when you pull the trigger. It also makes a ray gun sound and vibrates.

However, the darts are a little different from regular Nerf darts. The hole in the back of the dart is narrower than stock micros and the suction cup tip is smaller and softer. I haven't measured distances for this yet, but once I do, I'll let you all know. I hope I post the pics right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

That thing looks awesome, I want to get one. I think the only problem with it is how big it is. Cool find, man.
Been a while.
#bro

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

This was posted a while ago on NHQ, but I don't remember where. That is one ugly gun, but good find. Would you reccomend it?
SexD Warves

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:15 PM

How long was a while ago? The movie only came out a little over a month ago and the tie-in merchandise released about 2-3 weeks ago. As for recommending it, it would need to be modified to use nerf stock micros and the ranges are about 5-10 feet less than a stock NF. I wanted it for my collection. I will be posting pictures of one opened up in a little while, maybe even today.

Edited by badger, 05 June 2005 - 01:15 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#5 mrfishy

mrfishy

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

Just a question: Where does the dart shoot out? <_<
I fish
I nerf
I rule!!!!

The fish make cat dance: http://www.albinobla...sh/kittycat.php
mhahahahahah!!!!! Eat it Motha Buzzering cats!!

#6 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:03 PM

I am posting pics now of the barrel location as well as the ammo storage location. As I stated earlier, I was going to open one up and show everyone the internals of it. However, one of the screws must have been stripped out during the gun's manufacturing process, so unless I break the casing or drill out the bad screw, it's not happening. I am a collector after all and it is no good to my collection if it is broken. I do have another one, but I would like to keep them both in good shape, plus they were $20 each. If someone wants the one I tried to open, PM me. Sorry to post a possible sale in this thread, but it just happened to work that way.

Posted Image
Barrel Location
Posted Image
Underside of gun, showing ammo storage
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

Should be nicknamed "The cow gun." Seriously. It's fat, ugly, and has an udder-ish thing.
Indiana '11

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

Ya but think of the integration possibilitys...
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#9 mrfishy

mrfishy

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

Another question: does it still fire if so pm me for further discussion
I fish
I nerf
I rule!!!!

The fish make cat dance: http://www.albinobla...sh/kittycat.php
mhahahahahah!!!!! Eat it Motha Buzzering cats!!

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

Interesting, this is a little confusing, if you need a pic, I'll post one, but on the bottom half of the gun on the opposite side of the ammo holders is there anything there? or could you make more holders or just do away with it?

#11 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

Should be nicknamed "The cow gun." Seriously. It's fat, ugly, and has an udder-ish thing.

Posted Image

Put some stains on that thing and in stead of the raygun noise add a long deep "mooooooo". :lol:

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

Sorry, this is a different gun, but they look almost identical. That one is uglier, though, I think. Here's the thread.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users