Your indoor tactics

7 replies to this topic

#1 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

Close Quarters Battle

First off, these are cqb tactics for two man teams. You can make them work for larger teams, just evenly divide the halves.

A. Weapon. The weapon choice is very important to cqb. A large weapon such as the Titan would make it extremely hard to make sharp turns through doorways, and can cause major complications. A high rate of fire, compact, and comfortable weapon is important. A weapon that bulky or has a slow RoF can lessen your effectiveness in tight quarters. For close combat, your best bet is an automatic such as the Powerclip or the Blastfire and a side arm such as the Split Fire or the Maverick.

B. Equipment. A holster for your sidearm is a MUST. Without it, you become very inefficient due to holding a primary and a secondary. Sometimes people carry other items as well. These all need to be kept in pockets or pouches.

C. Basic Tactics. When engaged in close combat, cover is you BEST friend. Locked in battle in say, your living room, things such as chairs or a couch offer good protection. In multi story houses, it is good to find a balcony or overview so you can shoot unsuspecting assailants.

D. Entering and Clearing. Entering a room is the most dangerous and tactically trying part of cqb. When entering, line your team up on the longest part of the wall next to the door. The man in front is called POINT. Now move one man to the other side of the door. He is called BREECH. Breech will slam door in and POINT will lead the team in. Once in, Point will go to the farthest corner on the same side of the room as he entered. All will follow. Breach will pick up rear, facing away to make sure they don’t get trapped from behind. The team splits and each clears a corner of the room. They only clear THEIR corner. All have the responsibility of center.

#2 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

D. Entering and Clearing. Entering a room is the most dangerous and tactically trying part of cqb. When entering, line your team up on the longest part of the wall next to the door. The man in front is called POINT. Now move one man to the other side of the door. He is called BREECH. Breech will slam door in and POINT will lead the team in. Once in, Point will go to the farthest corner on the same side of the room as he entered. All will follow. Breach will pick up rear, facing away to make sure they don’t get trapped from behind. The team splits and each clears a corner of the room. They only clear THEIR corner. All have the responsibility of center.

That only works if the enemies stay in the center, which they won't, trust me.

Good article though.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#3 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

It says all members have responsibility to clear it out. they also have a corner that they(each individual) has to clear. Glad you liked it.

#4 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

Clearing rooms is extremely hard, and never goes as planned. It sometimes helps if you have a person spray the room with a pc right when the door is opened, just to make people duck. The gun dosen't even need to be loaded although putting one or two darts in wouldn't hurt, but it's the sound that counts. How many nerfers don't either duck or run when they hear a powerclip fire?
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#5 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

i dont. i look for were its coming from and return fire. but, thats just me...

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

I am particularly interested in this article, as I like to raid with an RF20 or sometimes two, though I haven't tested two yet. It is a good article, though the last paragraph (D.) vaguely reminds me of the Den of Foam's tactics page, though you can't access it now; there is an error or something with the site, see for yourself. Den of Foam I have no idea what is wrong, but this does remind me of the tactics page on indoor combat or something.
SexD Warves

#7 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

Clearing rooms is hard, but that's not what gets you the most. Never ever under any circumstances let your guard down. Stay alert, and be watchful.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#8 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

Not too difficult.

Melee the first person, throw a grenade and back up, come in and shoot down the remaining.

Oh wait..too much Halo...
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users