Deal War

28 replies to this topic

#1 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

Ok, this is an informal opener to discussion concerning the horsemen hosting another war at the deal test site sometime in the next 30 days (i.e. June).

Let's start out with a little explanation for those who weren't there last year. The Deal Test Site is a huge park in monmouth county new jersey. Last year the horsemen hosted a large war there that was hailed by participants as one of the best nerf wars in memory. The park offers the widest variety of terrain of any nerf field I've ever been to.

Bottom line is, we want to do it again. We're going to be trying for a repeat performance and we need your help. This place just is not worth doing if it's not done right, and to do that we need a lot of preparation. Most of thie preperation falls on the horsemens' collective heads, but we do need something from those who wish to participate: Information.

What I really need to know right now is when THE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT ACTUALLY ATTEND are getting out of school. The college kids are a non-issue obviously, but I think there are some highschoolers that would like to come. If that is you, tell me when you'll be available. It's going to be a saturday late in June, we just don't know how late as of yet. So PLEASE, if you're going to attend and can't come before a certain date in June, provide us with that date in this thread.

More information concerning the war will be available as we hammer out the details.

VACC

#2 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:52 PM

It's gonna have to be at the end of the month, if I'm gonna be able to make it. I have Wizard World East this upcoming Saturday (though Sunday is currently free), the loser-Pilot's wedding next weekend, and my friend Tim's wedding the following weekend.

Where the hell did my summer go?

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:25 AM

one bump, then I assume no one has school.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

I can't make it the 11th. I'm going to push the 25th like crack though. I'm off all weekend, and have a half day on Friday. 4th won't happen, so that only leaves the 18th. I'm pulling a late night the day before, and have to be at work at 7 the next morning. In other words, the 25th is all that's really going to work.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

I've got plans on the 25th, and as it stands I won't be able to make it then. HOWEVER, I can rearrange some things, POSSIBLY pulling off attendance, but chances are the 25th won't work for me.

Any other weekend in june I believe will work, and 4th of july weekend is my grad party. More on that later.
I hate you.

#6 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:25 AM

As long as I'm given a few weeks' warning then I should be able to make it without a problem.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#7 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

Us LCM still in high school end on the 16th.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#8 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

Sounds like the 25th is the best date so far, but I don't want the one-man-god-damn to miss it. Hersch, see if it's a possibility and get back to me. I mean, we could always move it to july but 2 weeks into july seems like a push. We ARE planning on trying to host a second deal war later in the summer, but I'd rather get you to the first in all honestly.

Not sure if it'll work for us, but what about that sunday? 26th might be doable.

VACC

#9 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Yeah the 25th sounds mighty fine to me...I'll just be finishing my summer camp job that week so a little bit of aggersion wouldnt be bad.

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:08 PM

Fucking awesome news. The plan was this. My GF was coming to town that day and we are going to a James Taylor concert that night. However, now she is coming in the day before so she can make it to the war with me. Most of you guys haven't met her, but Talio and some of the LCM have. She can take many photos of the war as well as play a few rounds. But the bottom line is that we can make it. We will just be leaving by 5 the latest in order not to be stuck in a massive line for PNC bank arts center for the show.
I hate you.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

We'll most likely be long done by 5 (we were all exhausted by 4 last time), but before you go and change plane tickets or anything I need to make sure this date is good for all the horsemen and a few others.

VACC

#12 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

We'll most likely be long done by 5 (we were all exhausted by 4 last time), but before you go and change plane tickets or anything I need to make sure this date is good for all the horsemen and a few others.

VACC

It's the only date in June that DOES work for me-- so long as nobody calls me up three days beforehand to inform me I have to go to a Bachelor party, this time around.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#13 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, as it turns out, the 25th will probably work for me too. I have a concert to go to that evening, but I will have off all day and I don't need to be at the concert venue until later... so for once you can probably count me in... and the woman.

James Taylor? Who the hell goes to see James Taylor anymore?
Name's Ash, Housewares

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

That date looks good for me as of now. I'll update you guys if anything changes.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, as it turns out, the 25th will probably work for me too. I have a concert to go to that evening, but I will have off all day and I don't need to be at the concert venue until later... so for once you can probably count me in... and the woman.

James Taylor? Who the hell goes to see James Taylor anymore?

Fucking sweet, then it's on like mother fucking donkey kong. Tomorrow Chris and I (and anyone else who wants to come with us) are gonna canvas deal with a print-out satelite map and start the healing process. More info to come. Bill, if you gotta book early just let us know what time you wanna be out of their by so we can coordiate accordingly.

VACC

#16 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

One of the brothers will not be able to make it. I will be in sunny Florida for a nice graduation present compliments of his girl friend. Sorry guys have fun with out me.

#17 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

I will probably be good if I am out around like 5 or 6... which is probably more than enough time anyway.

Seriously though, James Taylor?
Name's Ash, Housewares

#18 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

Yeah I'm going to plan on attending this outting. I wanna know if anyone wishes to car pool up and back? Hersh what is the status on that XBOW? I'll just need driving directions and what not....

Edited by Goodtwin, 03 June 2005 - 01:25 PM.

#19 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:52 PM

Yes Bill, James Taylor. I have a diverse taste in music to say the least.
I hate you.

#20 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:01 PM

I'm going to be in Rochester, NY on June 25th. How far is that? It's my 21st birthday so maybe I can get birthday spankings (question mark?)
"The 'dance goes on..."

#21 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:08 PM

I'm going to be in Rochester, NY on June 25th. How far is that? It's my 21st birthday so maybe I can get birthday spankings (question mark?)

Google maps approximates that it wouldd take roughly 7 and a half hours.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#22 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

Heh you could just drive down to my house, its only a few hours then get a ride there :lol:

I will try to make this one, I believe that is the day right after my finals so it should be good. I hope to get back into the flow of things this summer.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#23 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

O shit, we gotta have the nuts there. It ain't a good war without the nuts.
I hate you.

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Wow, lots of old guns.... I don't know if I can make it, but probably, isn't it fathers day though?
®@MβØ

#25 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

...but James Taylor...
Name's Ash, Housewares

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users