Photo

Has Any One Made A Air Cannon?

6 replies to this topic

#1 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

i was wondering. has any one made a air cannon?

Edited by grunty, 31 May 2005 - 12:31 PM.

at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:45 PM

Several of us have, basically borrowing off the technology and design of potato guns from sites such as spudtech.com.

That's where I got the basic concept, then went ahead and made something more to my liking. I used projectiles as large as pool noodles, and as small as 3/4 inch FBR.

Most of my homemade air artillery is pretty impractical for an organized Nerf war. They need a lot of air; either a hand pump, pumped 3-400 times, or in my case, I have a battery powered compressor. Also, they are pretty big and unweildy to really run around with. My shoulder mounted "M79" could shoot a 3", 3/4 in FBR projectile about 250 feet, with about 10 feet of trajectory (very slightly angled), with only 40 psi of air pressure.

It's a fun aspect of Nerfing, just for the heck of it. Just know what the limitations are regarding using them in a 'war' situation.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

mine takes 2 mins. to pump and is very heavy :D

#4 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

Owww I want to make one that can shoot like 20 stefans in the air like a mortar
New Breed

#5 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

you can but it will were out faster

#6 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:38 AM

I have made a golfball bun (i posted on this site but got a bit slack about posting the end product) that takes around 35 pumps for 40 psi. It is fairly mobile and can shoot 7 stefans around 120 foot. A single stefan around 160 foot. And a golf ball really really far over 180 metres. with a single stefan in a 16mm conduit barrel i can get 9 good shots off.

EDIT: i fixed up some grammar, sorry Cx

Edited by notorious_oxide, 02 June 2005 - 02:10 AM.

-------
COREY

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

The last four posts have almost no punctuation or capitalization and the spelling is rather suspect to boot. Proof your posts and clean that shit up.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users