Splinter Cell Sc-20k Far

First homemade

25 replies to this topic

#1 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

I m new and want to make a nerf so I thought of the coolest gun to have as a nerf. My mind insantly referred to the sc-20k rifle from Splinter Cell. Im planning on making it spring loaded and using some of Boltsnipers ideas on his FAR. I would show you the plans but I dont know how to make one of those animated thingys like you see sometimes. If anybody could help me I would graetly appreciate it and would also like a few suggestions.

Thanks for the help.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#2 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

I would think that using the FAR concept for a Sc-20k would be a bit too complicated. I think that the FAR is too long? and big for compactness of the Sc-20k. If you wanted it to look exactly like it, I would go with somthign smaller, like the guts of a 2k or somthing, and make your own PVC/other stuff homemade frame. Just adding my thoughts!

Edited by ssgtsiler, 26 May 2005 - 08:20 PM.

"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:09 AM

ssgtsiler is right, the sc-20k is a bullpup rifle and would end up being huge if you tried to just use the far by itself. However, an adaptation might work, provided you could figure out how to resize everything without losing the power of the rifle. Your other option is a compressed air source or c02 to power it while retaining the bolt action of the far. If you went the way of a gas firing instead of spring it wouldn't be that hard to do as far as putting it together but getting the air regulated to allow for maxium shots per cylinder would be some what of a challenge. But you've already stated you'd prefer spring and if you can find a spot to ram the plunger in and still be able to cock it with the bolt you would probably be smooth sailing from there. Good luck, building homemades isn't as hard as it looks as long as you've got it figured out properly.

Edit: Oh, and if you can get me a good sized side view of the gun I might be able to help a little more, I tried google but the biggest pic was only lik 150 by 300 pixels.

Edited by flamebo388, 27 May 2005 - 12:10 AM.

And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

The SC-20K is a game adaptation of the FN F2000.

Posted Image

You could use my action design in a bullpup setup. Like Flamebo said you would likely have to use a compressed gas setup unless you relocated the plunger and spring.

#5 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

I just draw up the plans and i want to scan them to my comp. but my scanner isnt working. I wanted to use a magazine but since it would not be in front of the plunger than im just leaving it for show. Should i add a silencer like in the game or just leave it? Im thinking of leaving out the scope since nerf guns arnt really that accurate from far enough to have to use the scope. I want to make the gun have another gun on bottom for the grenade launcher and making it w/ the shot gun method. I really dont want to use compressed gas or air because i have never ventured off onto that road and it seems a bit complicated.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#6 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for the double post but I took digital pictures of the plans but since im new i dont know how to add pics into my reply thingy. Help please...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#7 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

You'll need to host them on a website, http://www.photobucket.com/ is a free hosting service that works pretty well, just sign up and then upload the pics.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#8 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:30 AM

I was thinking... Boltsniper used a conventional plunger design for his FAR. Why not go the path of guns like the scout and maverick and use a reverse plunger assembly? That could potentially save more space and make a bullpup design feasible without compressed gasses.

#9 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

How does a reverse plunger assembly work?... Ive never heard of that.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#10 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

A reverse plunger like in the Scout or Maverick has a plunger assembly in which the dart is loaded into the barrel wich doubles as a plunger rod but instead of pulling back the plunger rod the casing around the plunger rod is pulled back to save space. I don't know how well I explained that but I'm sure someone else or myself could clarify it.
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#11 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:30 PM

It would work fine for a single-shot gun but would lower the power and make the gun bigger with the bolt action mag setup. I think I'll make that my next project, a gun like that would have a lot of power in a smaller package.

#12 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

It would work fine for a single-shot gun but would lower the power and make the gun bigger with the bolt action mag setup. I think I'll make that my next project, a gun like that would have a lot of power in a smaller package.

Flamebo, I think it'd still work fine for a magazine fed gun too.

The design would basically be 3 layers of tubes, the outside is the bolt, 2nd layer is the reverse plunger tube, and the inner layer is the stationary plunger/barrel

edit: forgot to mention this: Yes the power would be substatially lower but I think that would be better that way. Then people don't have a reason to complain about a homemade hurting too much.

Edited by footemps, 01 June 2005 - 07:45 PM.

#13 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

If I used the magazine how would that work? The mag is placed wierdly on the gun itself. Doesnt the mag have to be connected to the barrel itself or like bolt has it? I was thinking of just leaving the mag there for decoration.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#14 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

The reason the gun looks like that is because it uses a design that allows for a longer barrel with a smaller sized gun, you could leave a mag as a decoration but you'd lose the added fire rate it would bring if it was fuctional.

#15 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

So how would that work for a nerf gun?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#16 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

Sorry for the double post but I got photobucket working.
Here are the plans:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I decided it would be a little hard to find a way to make the mag work,
so im just taking out the scope and useing that area to store darts. And avery time you cock it, it opens the compartment dropping a dart in the barrel.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#17 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

If I used the magazine how would that work? The mag is placed wierdly on the gun itself. Doesnt the mag have to be connected to the barrel itself or like bolt has it? I was thinking of just leaving the mag there for decoration.

It's called a "bullpup" design, and I'm pretty sure that means that the clip is located behind the trigger assembly. It could be utilized in a nerf gun if the plunger was located somewhere else and connected to the rear of the bolt by a hose. You could probably place it in the upper part of the gun, and make up some kind of assembly that retracts the plunger with the bolt. But your plan is probably the easier way to do it, though it takes away some of the appeal if the mag isn't functional.

#18 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

How would that work?.... What do you mean by a hose?

And where and how would you relocate the plunger?

Edited by Ronster, 02 June 2005 - 08:45 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

#19 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:10 PM

How would that work?.... What do you mean by a hose?

And where and how would you relocate the plunger?

A hose as in a 1/8 inch inner diameter plastic hose - you can get it at any hardware store and it's relatively flexible. I'd probably put the plunger above the barrel/bolt, and see if I could work out some kind of tab that connects the bolt to the plunger so retracting the bolt retracts the plunger directly above it.

#20 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

If I were to make the mag work I think I need to make two bolts. One to pull the plunger back and one to grab the dart/shell from the mag and bring it forward in front of the other bolt. But Ive tried to make plans to do that but they all seem to fail.

I just cant seem to make it work...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#21 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

How about making the plunger be moveable all the way from the front of the barrel to the rear. You could have a huge spring attached to the front of the plunger on the outside of the inner barrel with slots cut into it so it can carry the plunger correctly. To cock it, pull it allong the top of the gun, then when it gets over the back of the mag, bring it down where it locks into load position. After that, slide it forward into the trigger release, then it pulls the dart throughout the rest of the gun and expells it like a slingshot. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense to anyone, so I'll draw up a diagram of it later today.

#22 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

That does seem a little complicated....
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#23 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

How about making the plunger be moveable all the way from the front of the barrel to the rear. You could have a huge spring attached to the front of the plunger on the outside of the inner barrel with slots cut into it so it can carry the plunger correctly. To cock it, pull it allong the top of the gun, then when it gets over the back of the mag, bring it down where it locks into load position. After that, slide it forward into the trigger release, then it pulls the dart throughout the rest of the gun and expells it like a slingshot. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense to anyone, so I'll draw up a diagram of it later today.

A gun which expels a dart in slingshot fashion would probably have pretty horrible range. A darts just aren't heavy enough to have their momentum carry them through a barrel - plunger guns still utilize pressurized air to make sure the dart clears the barrel.

#24 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:53 PM

I think if you modified the gun you were basing this homade off of a little bit it could work. If you made it a little longer in the back and then set up a reverse plunger assembly in the butt of the gun. When you pulled back the cocking mechanism the bottom of the barrel (part that the plunger tube would slide over) would have a hole cut in it so the dart would come up from the mag into the barrel and you would attach the barrel to a sliding bolt on the side of the gun that would rotate the barrel so that the hole was at the top of the gun so that the plunger tube could slide over the barrel when it was fired.
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#25 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

Now that really sounds complicated... Could you draw up some plans for me to better understand what yall are talking about.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users