Nerf Magazine

Coming Soon

5 replies to this topic

#1 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

I am planning to release a subscription - only Nerf Magazine. It will simply be called Nerf magazine. I think it will be a quarterly or a monthly, I'm not sure yet. It will have previews, reviews, articles, mod write ups, and the like. I've already got a rough draft for the cover. I don't want to scan it yet because I still need pictures and a background. PM me if you want more information or if you want to subscribe. There is a possibility it won't be full color, depending on how many people subscribe.

UPDATE: Still need to work out a price. Already have two people: Nerf Warrior, and SwitchBlade who are seriously interested.

Edited by NerfLad78, 26 May 2005 - 08:31 PM.

#2 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

Thats an interesting idea, although I'm not sure you would make much of a profit, unless you had a ton of customers. I don't know how much you would charge or how much it would cost to make the copies. I don't know, but i might be willing to buy it.

#3 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

Well right now I was thinking a full color monthly at around 10 or 20$ a year. My dad owns a gym franchise, so I can make all the copies I need at his corporate office. PM me if you want more details.

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

I am planning to release a subscription - only Nerf Magazine. It will simply be called Nerf magazine. I think it will be a quarterly or a monthly, I'm not sure yet. It will have previews, reviews, articles, mod write ups, and the like. I've already got a rough draft for the cover. I don't want to scan it yet because I still need pictures and a background. PM me if you want more information or if you want to subscribe. There is a possibility it won't be full color, depending on how many people subscribe.

UPDATE: Still need to work out a price. Already have two people: Nerf Warrior, and SwitchBlade who are seriously interested.

If you want to actually have people read it, make the thing free. This community is about sharing resources that are for everyone's betterment. The sole exception to this is guns, but besides that, a free flow of information is what keeps us going.

If done properly, your magazine would do a lot of good. Heck, a lot of us might even give you some respect for it. By making it by subscription only, you are inhibiting yourself and (more importantly) the community. My suggestion would be to look for a few guys that would work with you, and publish it on a nerf website or email it to those that are interested.

In reference to you other topic, plan out your thoughts before you post. You could have easily made one topic, and made my life so much easier.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:34 PM

Shindig, I agree with you, and I would like to take your suggested plan of action.

#6 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

I think a Nerf mag (be it digital or physical) would be awesome. It could even have features made by people in the online Nerf community. I can even see a possible cover in my imagination.
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users