Photo

At2k Barrel

8 replies to this topic

#1 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

I was going to quad barrel one of my At2k when: "Crap, I'm out of CPVC." so I thought maybe I could 9/16 brass or rigid copper. Should I? Or should I wait till next time I get some more CPVC?

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

Brass will do fine, it will get about the same ranges as cpvc. But it will be front heavy. If your going to use brass, I'd just single it.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:26 AM

How 'bout copper? Same thing?

#4 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:58 AM

Actually, brass works wonders for a 4 barrel AT2K if done properly... that's my recommendation.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Brass will do fine, it will get about the same ranges as cpvc. But it will be front heavy. If your going to use brass, I'd just single it.

Brass isn't heavier than cpvc. Perhaps you're thinking of copper. It's also not even close to the same diameter so for a particular dart it's unlikely that it will get the same distance.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

O, I always thought when people wuad brassed their 2ks that it was always front heavy.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#7 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Multi-barreling an AT2K with brass most certainly won't make it front heavy. In fact I think it has a nice balance. The only thing is the OD of brass is smaller than CPVC, so the barrels won't be wide enough to touch, so you need some foam or something similiar to space the barrels out.

Copper barrels on the other hand definitely add some heft to the gun. I used 1/2 inch L-type copper on my other AT2K and it definitely makes the gun front heavy.

As for range difference between the copper and brass, I haven't officially measured it, but the brass mod does go farther. Also I sort of worry that the copper barrels are going to rip themselves off because of their own weight. I'd recommend brass, but copper will do in a pinch.
When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#8 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

Copper is a sin.

Go and buy more CPVC, it's the cheapest stuff you can get out there.

Otherwise, find an appropriate size of brass for your darts. I'm assuming your darts fit snugly in CPVC, so your average 19/32" brass size won't work as well.

AA
Indiana '11

#9 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

With all of these mixed responses, I think I'm just going to wait till I get some CPVC. I've used it before, and Its prices make you think it's going out of style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users