Newbie To Nerfing

Need a bit of help

10 replies to this topic

#1 jnuspj

jnuspj

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

My friend's group and I are looking for a name. One of my friends got into nerfing about 2 months ago, but i just learned about it last weekend. We are looking for a name for our new group. ALso, on a side note. Does anyone know a good starter gun I could get. So far I am getting a maverick.

#2 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to nerf, and i would recommend the Airteck2000 and the nightfinder.

#3 jnuspj

jnuspj

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

OK thanks, but does anyone have any idea for the name?

#4 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

you could be called " foam factor" or something else involving foam.

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:43 AM

Unless you plan on modding your blasters right away, I would just get a nunch of NiteFinders and the N-strike set. If you do plan on modding, Get NiteFinders and the Airtech2000 pack.

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

My first mod ever was the AT2k twin pack and I figured out how to do it myself when I had it open figuring out how it worked. They're extremely easy to mod, so I'd get one even if you don't know what you plan on doing with it, because there are so many possibilities. Welcome to Nerfing. My clan, which is just a few of my friends and me, is called The Super Duper Nerf Team. It's stupid, but I'm sure we're the only ones with that name. Just come up with something with the word "foam," "Nerf" or anything else that tells what it is.
SexD Warves

#7 jnuspj

jnuspj

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

Alright thanks for the help. I like Foam Factor, so we might use that if you don't mind

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:51 AM

Welcome to Nerfing, jnuspj. Good to see anyone catch the bug.

I'd worry less about names, and get to the Nerfing part right away. I'd wait up on the Maverick for your first blaster, though. It isn't the very best performer out of the box, and the modders will tell you that it takes some work to make it perform even decently.

Every recommendation on blasters in this thread is right on; the NiteFinder and AT2000 are arguably the best starters for you to build the arsenal with.

The NiteFinder performs surprisingly well out of the box, and when you modify it with PVC, brass, CPVC, PETG, or a Crayola marker barrel, the performance increase is an eye opener. This site has all the modifications you need/ want for it.

The AirTech series, and the 2000 in particular, will sorely disappoint you with out-of-the-box performance. We're talking 10-12 feet on four pumps, the maximum before the overpressure relief valve kicks in. The problem lies in the barrels.

Again, modify this puppy with a new barrel(s) and we're looking at a minimum of 60 foot ranges, and the really range-crazy guys get them close to (and over) the 100 foot mark. Just about all you need is here at the site...use the "search" function and you'll be set.

The only other possible recommendation for a first blaster would be the Tech Target Set. Some even come with two pistols nowadays! That's another really easy modification, just a length of your preferred barrel material, pretty much shoved into the existing barrel opening, and you've got a 40-50 foot shooter for starters!
EDIT; For this modification I used a short length of CPVC; I don't think that brass or PVC would be so easy to 'shove in', maybe a Crayola barrel would. Just wanted to clarify that. -P-

The most satisfaction you can get is to modify one of these blasters for exponentially increased performance, then actually applying your modifications in a warring situation. There's lots of great ideas with wars, beyond just CTF or deathmatches (though those are the most popular, and CTF is my favorite).

So get out and Nerf!

-Piney-

Edited by Pineapple, 22 May 2005 - 11:56 AM.

-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

I agree with Piney. The Nitefinder is argueably one of the best guns ever made. At2k is a great gun as well. A single barrel mod (please don't use micros if you do this) is easy and will give you great performance. I wouldn't go with a Tech Target simply compared to the Nitefinder (price, performance and comfort). Even out of the box the Nite Finder is a solid performer. I hope it doesn't go away soon, and if what Hasbro indicated to us was true, it won't be.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

That's always a great thing to hear; great guns, staying around!

EDIT: By the way, my clan's name is the redneck terrorists; redneck is a good word if you live in the south (when you use it lightly :blink: ). But anyway, foam or nerf are general words in naming clans.

Edited by NerfLad78, 25 May 2005 - 09:34 PM.

#11 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

Off topic I know, but talio why not single barrel an AT2K if your using micros? too much velocity? I have 2 unmodded and one quad and I was thinking of singling one with CPVC, or would it turn out too powerful?
My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users