Photo

Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

14 replies to this topic

#1 Murdock

Murdock

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

So I remember way back in the day there was a Larami Missile Launcher. It was like SM700 or something weird like that. It had the colors of an SM1000 but it had a revolving piece for 5 or 6 arrows / missiles. Cennydd used to have one and I think there may have been a box cutout floating around with a picture of it. I used to have a picture from Cennydd but that was lost long ago on my old PC. Does anyone else remember this gun or have any info on it? I always wondered about it.

Other rare guns:
Larami Ballgun
The other ballgun that used a tube? heh
Hydro Harpoon? something like that...

#2 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

Hydro harpoon, I dont think was ever released.

#3 Murdock

Murdock

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

Speaking of never released, how 'bout that Gatlin' Storm, eh?

#4 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

My websites have all those guns. I have all those guns reviewed, except for the unreleased ones like the gatlin' storm and hydro harpoon croxxbow, I just have pics of the gatlin storm and patent diagrahms of the hydro harpoon crossbow. I even have a review of the DX400 and zap snaps, which was't released.

Edited by Viper, 22 May 2005 - 07:01 PM.

#5 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:39 PM

^^

Did you actually own those? Damn, you must have been really lucky.

#6 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

Yes I won all but the hydro harpoon crossbow and gatlin' storm. I bought the slingfire dx400 in salt lake city utah.

#7 Pilkington

Pilkington

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

Wow, you have a Slingfire? I've only ever seen one, and that was in an eBay lot awhile back. Where exactly did you get it, and can you post some pics of it?

#8 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

Under co2 guns section, there is a review of the slingfire dx400 with a picture. Search google and you'll find tons of NC pictures.

#9 Pilkington

Pilkington

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:13 PM

Thanks, but your review picture is the same pic from the eBay auction I mentioned earlier, and all the google pics are the Hasbro press pics I've already seen. I was actually hoping to get more detailed pics of the gun from different angles if possible. Also, could you tell us were you actually got the gun? I thought it was released in Europe only, so if it's shown up in the US as well I'd like to have some idea of where to look for one. Thanks.

#10 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

I bought it on vacation in Utah.

#11 Pilkington

Pilkington

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, you said that in your first post, what I meant to ask was if you could tell us where exactly in Utah you got it? At a retail store like K-Mart, or a thrift store like the Goodwill, a yard or garage sale, or what? Was it loose, or did you get it in it's packaging? If it was unopened when you got it what other guns were shown on the box?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you please take some pics of the gun from different angles? There are next to no pics out there beyond the same Hasbro press pic from that one angle, so I'd like to get a good look at what one of these things really looks like from all sides.

Sorry to ask so many questions and keep hounding you for pics, but so far you're the only person beyond that one eBay seller that I've know of to actually have one of these guns. Anything at all you could tell us about the gun and how you got it would be great.

#12 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

I bought it at a walmart, it said "slingfire DX400" and had a "PowerNerf" logo on the side of it. The motorized disk launcher and supermaxx disk shooter are similiarly uncommon. I can't really get any pics that are better than the ones NC gives you. The gun itself is in a box at my dad's house in Indiana. I am going there in a week or so probably, so I'll try to remeber then.

#13 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

The Supermaxx disk shooter is rare? I think I have one lying around upstairs...

*runs and checks-Yup*

Wasn't it widely available at any store?
Tyranny Response Team

#14 Nerf Warrior

Nerf Warrior

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

I have never seen one of those. Can you get a picture?
-†Nerf Warrior†-

#15 Murdock

Murdock

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

I forgot, the original Switchfire was pretty rare (though not very desireable). This is the only one I've ever seen, and it was personally mine before NC bought it from me for the review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users