Photo

Recent Wars?

5 replies to this topic

#1 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

I just had a war today with 4 people and it was great! Everyone was scared of my crossbow/at2k integration after I hit them a few times(its not that powerful). So when we started playing I was with #2 and he had an at2k. We were against #3 with two nite finders and #4 with an at2k and a tech target. My team scored two kills right at the beginning and then we got hit.(It went on like that for a while) Then we had a pistol war and everyone either had nite finders or tech targets except me.(I had a spitfire) It was funny when I went to shot #3 with the spitfire, he yelled "ahhh, that thing shots two darts at a time". After that we had another regular gun war and I kept picking off the other team with my crossbow. At the end we found 229 darts out of the 294 we started with. Have you had any wars recently?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

To answer your question, no. Not since March, work sucks for Nerf.

However, that's not really why I'm posting. It's awesome to hear guys who are playing small wars. It really should be the staple of the community. Big wars are fun, but alot of skills are learned on a smaller playing field when you are able (and in some cases have to choice about the matter) to use tactics and coordinate. Big wars tend to get messy and it's mostly just a bunch of dudes running around shooting each other. While they both are something to experience, it's always dumbfounded me that kids on these boards don't nerf with numbers arond 4 - 6. They're alot of fun and can really teach you things you might otherwise have missed. I know playing with guys who are only playing with numbers above 10 (myself included sadly) tend to pick up bad habits. The trick really is to find what you like and know your gun.

One bit of advice though. If you find yourself dominating pistol rounds (which I'm not saying you will with a splitfire, it just shoots quite a bit harder then most pistols) I'd think about picking up a Nite Finder and taking it easy. Problem is, if you dominate the field when playing guys worse then you, it's can be hard to get them to come back, or can give them a bad attitude in the future. Best way I've recruited guys here is to try and be more of a teacher then a warrior. Talking to guys during and between rounds about the game will prove nothing but good. Something tells me I should have kept this attitude more in the large wars rather then really going balls out.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Wel it wasn't much of a war per se, but it certainly was fun. A friend and I went into an academic building on campus late at night when no one was there. Since it was just the two of us in a big building, I set up some unique rules. The building is a long capital I shape like this |---------|, about 200 yards or so long. At the center is a set of elevators and a stairwell with another stairwell at each end. Each of us had one half of the building and a flag. You could hide your flag anywhere on your half on the 3rd floor, but could also go down to the 2nd or go up to the 4th floor. The object of the game was to bring your opponents flag back to the far end of your side. We each had an AT2K, I also had a NF nad he had a pocket blaster. We each had 8 darts. It was loads of fun, involving not only just running and gunning, but an interesting mix of mindgames too, especially since we had a limited amount of ammo.
When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#4 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

me and sunchip had a small (3 person) war yesterday, lot of fun

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

Sqiggs and I had an interesting war today. It was in my back yard, and we each had the missile launcher of our choice (I have an LBB, Titan and one of those Monster Rocket things) as our primary and a "grenade" as our sidearm, which was either an LBB missile or arrow from my Airzone Crossbow. If a missile hit you, you were dead, and if a grenade landed within five feet of you, you died. Also, if you were within five feet of a barrier (car, table, etc.) and it was hit, you died. Gun hits also counted. It was loads of fun. We also played one game of Storm the Base, where one person was in an area and the other had to kill them and take the base. It was great.
SexD Warves

#6 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

One bit of advice though. If you find yourself dominating pistol rounds (which I'm not saying you will with a splitfire, it just shoots quite a bit harder then most pistols) I'd think about picking up a Nite Finder and taking it easy. Problem is, if you dominate the field when playing guys worse then you, it's can be hard to get them to come back

I didn't plug the pump so it only gets 70'. Also I didn't have enough pistols for everyone so I was only using one pistol.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users