Photo

What To Do?

11 replies to this topic

#1 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

Ok so we were nerfing today around my house and then I shoot my friend with my opma moded Titan so all of the sudden he starts screaming and yelling saying I shot him from 10ft away with it when I was like 20-30 maybe even 40 he takes his at2k breaks the barrel and says you coulda used your nf so I says I didnt wana this is more accurate. So then he says stuff like nerf is gay and I shoulda listen to my mom this is for 5 year olds. What should I do? He has 2 younger brothers and pretty much holds our nerf war together because most of the time its only like Me my friend Matt and PJ so I dont know If I should just be like Your such a baby dont ever play again or like comeon play again.
New Breed

#2 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

I would not want to get hit with a stefan modded titan either. If it was the missle I wouldn't mind. My rule is if it shots over 100' flat you can't use it. If you realy want to use it set a number of pumps limit.(like 5 pumps only)

Edited by navy seal, 21 May 2005 - 05:30 PM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#3 Robonerfer

Robonerfer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Option A: Be nice and try to convince him to come back.
Option B: Ask him "If it's for 5 year olds, then how come you're complaining that it hurts too much?" ^_^
A might work better, but B is a nice snappy comeback. If it shoots 200 feet, though, even 40 feet is rather close, since it's 1/5 the normal max range, and the titan is really powerful, so a better idea might be B, then A quickly while promising to use the titan only for at least 100' range shots.

#4 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:40 PM

Tell him that from now on you'll only use it if the size of the playing field is large enough to require the longer ranges of the titan and if it's not just use a smaller number of pumps.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:58 PM

First things first, you should read this:

http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

I counted three sentences.

Second of all, you shouldn't use a Titan. It's really a lame weapon and far too powerful for Nerf. Shooting your friends with it is kind of a dick move, especially if you're doing one on one. When I fired the Philly kids Titan at a tree it chipped the bark. Consider what it will do to your skin. That's worse then even a Paintball gun, because at least the ball will break.

Your best bet is to revise your arsenal. Obviously, your friend has a problem with you using a Titan and if you want to continue playing, you should be cortious to the other people on the field.

At my local paintball field a vote is always taken on whether to allow bunkering, cause it can hurt quite a bit at close range like that. If one person does not want bunkering, we have a one bunker rule. So 20 to 1, and it's out.

The relevancy is when it comes to points in any game where the inclussion of something is debatable. In this case, it's the Titan. In the case at our field, it's bunkering. So what you should do is respect the fact that your friend doesn't want to get shot with the hell lightning that is the Titan and get something he won't bitch about.

I hope this helps.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 i h8 hippies

i h8 hippies

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

If I were you, I would apoligize for shooting him so close with a titan and then try and then don't use your titan close again.

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:03 AM

What Talio said.

Any person who is not comfortable with the power of a particular gun should be able to veto it. Particularly in the case of the Titan which is probably disallowed at 90% of organized wars.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:31 AM

Ok thanks for all of your help. I think I Will not Do the Max amount of punps on the Titan and do like 10-15 instead of 20
New Breed

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

Ten or fifteen might even be too much. I don't know, I've never shot a modded Titan, but when I first got mine, I only pumped until the gauge went up to full, which was sometimes as little as seven pumps, and it could still launch that missile quite a distance. I just wouldn't use it, and try to convince your friend to play again.
SexD Warves

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

Yeah I'm goign to agree and say that's really not going to help. You should definetely think about revising your arsenal. There's also the issue of possibly losing count of how many times you pump it. Not to sound repetitive, but it would be wise to just get something else. If you play with guys who don't mind you using it, great your set, but being as you will probably always have an issue with being able to use it, you'll be better in the long run to just pick up a two pack of AT2k's are getting good with pistols.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, plus Titans are just fucking lame.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#12 SwitchbladeatJM

SwitchbladeatJM

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

I only pumped seven pumps, and it could still launch that missile quite a distance.

Whoa. :blink: My titan must be messed up then becuase when I pump my titan seven times it goes lide, I don't know about, 8'. Quite a distance for that I think would at least be like 15-20'. OH well, life is so.
A member of a 6 man clan.......the C.C.A.N.

"Shibby" -Dude Where's My Car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users