Photo

Problem With My New Gun

5 replies to this topic

#1 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

I just got one of those guns that looks like a bat and has a laser sight.I riped out the air
restrictor peg put in a dart and pulled the trigger it went about 6 inches.I opened it up and silicone lubed the plunger and tube it still only got about 8 inches.What am I doing
wrong or dose this gun just realy suck. ^_^

#2 Sunchip

Sunchip

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:13 PM

Well, we could use more info but I think you're talking about the Laser Fang. It's brown and you pull the barrel away from you to cock it. If it is, I have the same gun. It pretty much sucks no matter what you do with it. I have a CPVC barrel glued into the stock barrel, but it still doesn't shoot well. Over all, the gun does pretty much suck.
Sunchip of SDNT: If you can read this, cover your face

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:36 PM

Ya my gun is the laser fang I checked nerf center and confermed that. ^_^

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:19 PM

I know this thread is old, but I recently encountered a problem with my LF and didn't want to make a new thread.

Okay, I took a screwdriver and hit it with a mallet into the peg and restrictor from the back of the barrel, then put the gun back together. Then I wrapped about a 6" CPVC barrel in duct tape until it barely fit into the stock barrel. I also lubed up the spring and plunger with a tiny bit of vegetable oil and put it back together.

When I try to cock the gun the plunger/barrel/part you pull out won't stay in place, so when I cock it it just pops back, no matter how hard I pull it. I took it apart and fiddled with the catch mech a bit, and put it back exactly the way it was, but it still won't cock. Does this have anything to do with the peg and restrictor being removed? It's one of my favorite guns and I want it to be able to shoot.

Thanks to anybody who can help.
SexD Warves

#5 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

Same thing happened with my night finder. I found out the problem was that I "Over Stretched" the spring. The catch could not take the new added pressure and therefore would not hold. Make sure your not putting too much pressure on the catch.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

That would be the "logical" thing to think, but I didn't stretch the spring, I just lubed it. That wouldn't do it would it? I tried a spring replacement in my Triple Torch with an NF spring and that happened. I remember that the spring was too powerful and it wouldn't catch, but I didn't do anything to my LF spring. Do you think I could like "recompress" the spring and sort of do the opposite of stretching? Thanks.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users