Dark Green = stopper of plastic or what not
Pink = pieces of 3/4" PVC
Purple = Spacer of plastic or piece of wood
Black = Spring
Dark Grey = Stefan
Brown = copper or music wire catch
Light blue = Hinge
Light grey = Nail or hard metal

There is another barrel/plunger/plunger tube/catch with still one trigger, you can't see the other stuff since it's profile. I base it on the old western style guns, to load it, you "clunk" the barrels down via the hinge, load the darts, and "clunk" the barrels back into the couplers.

Everything is roughly in scale with each square 1/2".
What does everyone think?

Thanks to Boltsniper for helping me out with the program

Edited by kickass_jb, 08 May 2005 - 09:02 PM.

My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#2 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

Well it is an interesting design (I actually was contemplating something similar), however, I have a couple concerns:

1) The feasibility of rotating a piece of PVC (muzzle) into the coupler (at the end of the piston tube), I don't have some handy, so I can't say either way, but it seems to me that it wouldn't rotate into it, only slide in parallel. I suspect the only way of being able to rotate it into the coupling is with some liberal sanding/cutting of the coupler/muzzle. This brings me to my second point.

2) Seal. Or potentially lack thereof. How do you plan on keeping a good seal between the coupler and muzzle. Normally this isn't a problem if you slide the muzzle in, like most breach loaders, but if it pivots up into the coupler, you'll need some sort of smooshy o-ring type gadget. Which leads me to my final point.

3) How do you plan on keeping the muzzle firmly up against the coupler. Manually holding it there is possible I suppose, but could be cumbersome, especially when carrying because you would constantly have to push up on the muzzle. I suggest some sort of releasable catch perhaps.

Anyways, neat idea. Will it have double barrels? That'd be awesome.

Edited by userjjb, 08 May 2005 - 11:58 PM.

When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

Image shack is gay, heres a damn link to my idea of how to fix all three of your points. Can someone try and host this? My idea
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 userjjb

userjjb

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:54 PM

Hmmm, Uncle your design is somewhat difficult to discern, could you perhaps post a better picture? Maybe one that illustrates what you're trying to accomplish more clearly?
When life gives you lemons, simply say more morphine please.

#5 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well it is an interesting design (I actually was contemplating something similar), however, I have a couple concerns:

1) The feasibility of rotating a piece of PVC (muzzle) into the coupler (at the end of the piston tube), I don't have some handy, so I can't say either way, but it seems to me that it wouldn't rotate into it, only slide in parallel. I suspect the only way of being able to rotate it into the coupling is with some liberal sanding/cutting of the coupler/muzzle. This brings me to my second point.

2) Seal. Or potentially lack thereof. How do you plan on keeping a good seal between the coupler and muzzle. Normally this isn't a problem if you slide the muzzle in, like most breach loaders, but if it pivots up into the coupler, you'll need some sort of smooshy o-ring type gadget. Which leads me to my final point.

3) How do you plan on keeping the muzzle firmly up against the coupler. Manually holding it there is possible I suppose, but could be cumbersome, especially when carrying because you would constantly have to push up on the muzzle. I suggest some sort of releasable catch perhaps.

Anyways, neat idea. Will it have double barrels? That'd be awesome.

Yes it does have a double barrel. :D, I was thinking/am hoping for some sort of catch but I have thought of a good way to do it yet. And for the rotating of the PVC into the coupler, it creates (barely) an airseal. I tried in and put my hand over the barrel and blew into the other end, none of the air came out. Although it still wouldn't be a good fit but when I'd use it I'm assuming I'll use two hands (one on pump and one on trigger) so my hands should be helping it stay closed.

Edited by kickass_jb, 09 May 2005 - 02:51 PM.

My arsenal:

#6 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Image shack is gay, heres a damn link to my idea of how to fix all three of your points. Can someone try and host this? My idea

I like the loading idea but is there some sort of angle where the stefans slide up, because I think it'd be awful hard for them to with out it? If so, wouldn't they all just be pushed up at once and jam? My last point, the stefan "clip" area is open in the barrel so alot of the air from the plunger would seem to travel in there and be wasted.
My arsenal:

#7 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:46 PM

I can't help much more, that was just an idea. You could figure someway to improve on it, the pic is pretty self explanatorary.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#8 i h8 hippies

i h8 hippies

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image
The brown piece will prevent you from cocking it unless you are holding down the trigger when you cock, I think. Not positive. To fix that I think you should have it at an angle so the bolt slides over it.

#9 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

Posted Image
The brown piece will prevent you from cocking it unless you are holding down the trigger when you cock, I think. Not positive. To fix that I think you should have it at an angle so the bolt slides over it.

Actually I was thinking more of stealing the idea from Boltsniper and having the coupler on an angle. With the PVC I buy, there is already a coupler on the end that has a nice gentle angle to it.. that'd do it.
My arsenal:

#10 Robonerfer

Robonerfer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

About the hinge problems, you could simply leave it out and just pull the barrels totally out of the coupler, load them, then stuff them back in, which would eliminate the problem of the pvc not going in straight. I like the way you designed the plunger so that the spring is nicely self-contained. I don't think you'll need two trigger-springs, though.
This looks like it could be quite good if it works . . . good luck.

#11 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

I was thinking maybe instead on the hinge maybe like a thick copper cable wire so that I could pull it out and shove em in but the wire would be strong enough to support it?

Edited by kickass_jb, 09 May 2005 - 10:04 PM.

My arsenal:

#12 Robonerfer

Robonerfer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:38 PM

Erm . . . . . that sounds like it might make it harder to load the dart, without much benefit to the stuffing back in. Again, good luck making this.

#13 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

Okay I was playing with this super soaker of mine and for some reason this idea popped into my head. What if instead of the hinge or whatever, I make the pump part of the gun and make it solid with dowels/tracks for it to glide on the bottom and two things on the top to cock. Then in the middle where the gap is between the two barrels because the couplers, I put a tiny bar or something thats got a stick through it so it pivots on that spot. then it'll go a little ways up and have another tiny bare (nail or something) through it thats connected to the gun and then the stick goes up a little farther. So when I want to open the barrels, I pull back on the handle on the top of the gun and the barrels slide forward out of the coupler and I load the darts then press the gun handle forward and the barrels lock into the couplers again. What do you think? If anyone needs clarification I'll do my best to draw something up.
My arsenal:

#14 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:07 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I figured it'd be better than making a new thread and linking it to this to explain. But for any new readers or people who might have thought about it, has anyone/can anyone come up with an idea similar to uncle hammer's that I can use? I've been thinking about it for a while but every method either is WAY to complex that I can't even explain it to myself, no seal, or just won't function. Any forward ideas is a big help.

**edit** even links to yours or real ones for actual shotguns that is clear enough to work from would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by kickass_jb, 15 July 2005 - 05:09 PM.

My arsenal:

#15 dyeterminatorgen

dyeterminatorgen

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

I have an exrtemely effective shotgun made from a SuperSoaker. Any CPS edition will do. Take the nozzle, and widen it using a knife. Then, take three inches of 1/2 pvc and duct tape it to the nozzle. Now, cut several 9'' segments of the same pvc and put straight couplings on 1 end of each of the segments. Now, stuff as many mega stefans down the segments as you can, pump up the gun, attatch one of the segments to the three inch piece sticking out of the barrel, and fire. WOW, AMAZING RANGE! MEGA CASUALTIES! EXTREMELY COOL!

Play Medal of Honor Allied Assault on Gamespy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users