Rscb Barrel Questions

8 replies to this topic

#1 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

This is terribly embarassing.

I cannot understand how the RSCB barrel works. Ever since THIRST introduced it, I really didn't get it.

Is there a little valve thingy between the first clip and the barrel? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but it's got to be there, or else the air will flow both ways and your darts will spill out of your barrel and other things.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

THIRST?

3DBBQ introduced the concept and ShortShit adapted it to mods.

There is no valve between the magazine and the barrel, the magazine becomes part of the pressurized area behind the dart. The only dart that launches is the first one because it makes a seal with the back of the barrel, the others are loose in the mag and the air flows around them.

Most people missed 3D's initial posts on the concept so you can get a good summary of the Q&A in the second link above.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

I most definately did not do the RSCB barrel. 3DBBQ and Shorshit made that.

The darts dont spill out because thee is a dart chambered in the barrel, preventing others to escape because of the friction the barrel causes. Since the only way air can escape is through the barrle it pushes the dart out, regardless of the clip because its airtight.

THIRST
ko

#4 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

Ooh right, I was thinking about the Shpiel.

Oh, I get it now! The back of the magazine is airtight so.. mmkay.

Thanks.

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:08 AM

I made it last night and I kept having problems. The dart would turn side ways in the T piece or it would fire two at once. I made it a little diffrent by using a blast bazooka barrel for the barrel,(I use cpvc in all of my guns and thats to tight)sh.40 pvc instead of sh.80 and a pvc ball valve. Does your jam? I don't see how you can get the same ranges with all the extra space in the pvc. I would rather have a turreted at2k because of its reliability.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

Cons of an AT2K Turret compared to an RSCB:
1. Limited number of shots
2. You would rather turn something than point it at the ground?
3. Can you say ramrod?
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#7 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:30 AM

Cons of an AT2K Turret compared to an RSCB:
1. Limited number of shots
2. You would rather turn something than point it at the ground?
3. Can you say ramrod?

How many times a war do you use all four shots in a row? If your laying down or are in a cramped spot your going to have trouble pointing it down. Ramrods aren't that hard to use.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

How many times a war do you use all four shots in a row? If your laying down or are in a cramped spot your going to have trouble pointing it down. Ramrods aren't that hard to use.

I'll give you half-credit for the first argument, but I run out of ammo in my 3k (6 shots) 3 or 4 times per war.

Lay down during a war? I don't comprehend how that might happen unless I broke my leg and still want to help my team.

Ramrods suck. Hard. There's no way around that one. I have to ramrod my sidearms and it makes me tend to not use them at all. All the primaries I use allow the dart to be blown down the barrel or are breach. Just say no to ramrods.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

I made it last night and I kept having problems.

Navy, you may want to make sure that your barrel goes far enough into the T'coupler. When building an assembly, one has to sand the entry of the barrel, test it, sand it, test it, until you consistently have the darts readying themselves in the very beginning of the barrel when tilted down, instead of jamming. Also - if the brass/petg barrel isn't connected to the PVC straight, then it won’t be straight in the T-coupler, and therefore turning the gun at a 90 degree angle won’t line the dart up with the barrel. If your trouble continues with jamming, you can take an inch of brass one size up from 9/16th, and glue that to the inner-part of your barrel, so you have a bigger extension of the loading section. *apposed to JUST sanding out the back of the barrel, which essentially does the same thing to a smaller degree.* This is definitely a problem that there are many different solutions to, but I recommend tinkering with it a bit before passing judgment.
-I always run out of shots with my guns, I'm a trigger happy nerfer, so that is why I prefer this to a normal turret -plus the stock function of the 2nd clip really does wonders for accuracy, I had NEVER used a stock on a gun before, and was quite pleasantly surprised with the results.
-As far as getting the same range, the only explanation I can think of, is that our darts can only go SO far out of a at2k, no matter how powerful, so adding this assembly *which is essentially adding on a LONG barrel* creates more dead-air to be moved, but not enough to negate the the at2ks power; even though it shoots with minorly less power, its still enough to shoot our darts to their max capacity out've this gun. One last thing to keep in mind is that nerf turrets lose a % of air per shot because of the mediocre seal, whereas this assembly is completely airtight to the valve, which provides a moderate compensation. Fact is, when made correctly, it functions just dandy.

Edited by ShortShit, 29 April 2005 - 04:13 PM.

~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users