Er..sizes On Piping

Im lost again

22 replies to this topic

#1 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 01:08 PM

recently my friend and i decided that we were doing to upgrade our old PVC guns, and others, to brass/copper piping. When we went to the store (HomeDepo) we immideatly found the piping. We looked at the sign that said "1/2" and picked it up. we had brang along a bullet to se if it fit. it went in, but it slowly slid down the tube, like the piping was too big...this made us wonder..but HEY, the sign said 1/2 and thats what we are supposed to get! so we bought about 8 feet of it and brang it back to my frieds house. we measeured it with a ruler, and it proved to be 9/16 in inner diameter...and..it would fire MEGA steafans better than MICRO stefans. soo..er..what the fuck? can anyone tell me why the sign said 1/2, but it dosnt seem to fit micros? oh, and also, the piping that we bought dosnt fit into PVC. any tips, help, solutions? we are really in a pickle. thanks for your time
-Vonoska, & Gandalf in Armor ^_^
Remeber what Bilibo used to say:

"Its a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you dont keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to."

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:26 PM

You bought copper. Copper is like PVC, it's standardized on OD, not ID so it's a caveat emptor kind of deal. If your darts don't fit, don't buy it.

Brass is not available at Home Despot. Try Ace Hardware or hobby stores.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:48 AM

THe inner diameter is 9/16th. THe outside is 1/2.Buy 9/16 brass to fit into PVC.

Hardware store in NoCal close to me suck. A few stores carry 9/16 brass but dont have it in stock ^_^
Morons With Guns own you.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:21 AM

THe inner diameter is 9/16th. THe outside is 1/2.Buy 9/16 brass to fit into PVC.

He meant outer is 9/16" and inner is 1/2".

But that's Steelworks brass only.

K&S is outer 9/16" and inner 17/32" (or outer 17/32" and inner 1/2").

Any of those will fit in 1/2" PVC however.

#5 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:12 PM

Jesus.. you need to work on your fractions there... whoo...

We're talkin' bout copper now anyway, which does not come in as specific sizes like brass does.

Also, for micro stefans, sometimes you will get more range in CPVC. It all depends on your FBR. If you have Frost King, go with brass.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#6 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:37 PM

damn it to hell. well...ok thanks for your help. is there any place that we can order these specific things on-line? Thanks again
-Vonoska

P.s-- do you know if i can return the unused pipe to HomeDepo? hehe... ^_^

"Its a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you dont keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to."

#7 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:58 PM

Is there any place that we can order these specific things online?

You can order some 9/16" brass here. If you need any other sizes, browse around on that site. The shipping is free [when I ordered] and it gets there fast.

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:18 PM

Nice. K&S brass online at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the link and welcome to the forum!

#9 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:42 PM

Whoops. thanks Cxwq ^_^
Morons With Guns own you.

#10 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:54 PM

K&S is outer 9/16" and inner 17/32" (or outer 17/32" and inner 1/2").

so if i wanted to get 1/2" ID (to fit micro stefans) i should buy the 17/32" size off the website?

sorry to ask, but i just wanted to confirm as i can't actually see the stuff before i buy it, and i don't wanna buy the wrong size (again). thanks for your time.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

That would depend 100% on your FBR size. Now, I can read so I'm fully aware you said 1/2" but you need to make sure exactly what size your FBR is.

My FBR is really close (note: this is frequently not the case) to 1/2". Like within 1/64" or so. I buy 9/16" brass (17/32" ID) to get a nice sliding fit. Some darts fall down the barrel, others don't. Overall it works well for me.

#12 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, what you want to buy is 9/16" OD because 17/32" OD with its ID of 1/2" actually compresses the darts a little bit, making it not a good choice for long barrels. However, spring guns get a lot better range with a small section of 17/32" OD brass at the rear of the barrel. If you want more info read Cxwq's article on barrels.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#13 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:18 PM

awesome, thanks again for the info.
-Carl Sagan

#14 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:05 AM

Nice to see you again old friend...blahaha... :D

MATRIX!! THURSDAY! :lol:

#15 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:14 AM

Nice to see you again old friend...blahaha... :lol:

Will you guys get a room or something? You're seriously bugging me.

FYI, there's a really cool program that allows you to hit on him privately.

#16 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:07 PM

Blahah. Acctually we already have a room. its his. thats where we do all our mods. SO TECHNICALLY we dont need a room. biatch. haha. just kidding. thanks for all your help with our modding mess! byebye! ;) ^_^ :P
-Vonoska

#17 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:24 PM

........ *rolls eyes*........

I would just stop, you're digging yourself deeper every second. And now i'm sure everyone here thinks your an idiot, or at least a bit crazy, which i can't deny myself.

Please excuse his banter.
-Carl Sagan

#18 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:10 PM

I like his crazyness.

#19 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:55 PM

C and Von, what brand (1/2) FBR do you use?
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#20 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

Well it looks like you have some fans Vonoska, congradulations. Maybe you ARE that 1337.

GunnedDown: We buy Frost King, as that's the brand our local Hardware stores stock.
-Carl Sagan

#21 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:21 AM

I bought 900' from loghelp.com

I don't know what brand it is and don't really care. I won't be needing to purchase any more.

Now I can mod my guns to specific tolerances for MY foam and I don't care if it changes sizes tomorrow at Home Despot.

#22 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:06 PM

dont be hatin' dog. :lol: It does not matter if these people think im an idiot. they can either acept me for who i am, or ignor me. there is no need for excuses.
-Vonoska
ps. and i am that onethousand threehundred and thirtyseven! :huh:

#23 Doogie

Doogie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 04:20 AM

recently my friend and i decided that we were doing to upgrade our old PVC guns, and others, to brass/copper piping. When we went to the store (HomeDepo) we immideatly found the piping. We looked at the sign that said "1/2" and picked it up. we had brang along a bullet to se if it fit. it went in, but it slowly slid down the tube, like the piping was too big...this made us wonder..but HEY, the sign said 1/2 and thats what we are supposed to get! so we bought about 8 feet of it and brang it back to my frieds house. we measeured it with a ruler, and it proved to be 9/16 in inner diameter...and..it would fire MEGA steafans better than MICRO stefans. soo..er..what the fuck? can anyone tell me why the sign said 1/2, but it dosnt seem to fit micros? oh, and also, the piping that we bought dosnt fit into PVC. any tips, help, solutions? we are really in a pickle. thanks for your time
-Vonoska, & Gandalf in Armor ;)

You were IN A HARDWARE STORE.
Why didn't you just borrow one of THEIR tape measures to find the ID?
You'd also want to say "brought" instead of "brang."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users