Photo

Your Ride?

88 replies to this topic

#76 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

I agree, we've pretty much got as far as we're going to with this argument and there really isn't much disagreement. Regarding the engine mounts, I've been looking into mounts for the RX-7's engine compartment. There are companies that fabricate mounts to accomodate a GM V8, but its incredibly overpriced and I've talked to people who have done it themselves. The mounts for a Toyota 6-cylinder will probably be easier (less cramped), so I'll probably look into the requirements and see about getting the parts machined when the time comes.

I don't have nearly as much experience as I would like with installs. Unfortunately my school doesn't have any dedicated acoustic engineers so I'm stuck with talking to people who have experience instead of taking classes. I've also been looking for a job at an install shop, but its sorta hard to get one just for the summer. Like you said, this stuff isn't rocket science and I'm very familiar with basic wave propogation, etc. so hopefully I'll be able to get some hands-on work in the future.

#77 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

Fischer RCS's in the winter, with perfect bases and lots of wax (top line cross country skies) and in the summer, Marwe roller skies, (almost top line) and no I don't cross country ski. I do Biathlon, there is no such thing as cross country skiing just training without a rifle. Also please understand that roller skies go almost twice as fast as roller blades, just there aren’t brakes. And that my skies are the best skies under $1000.

#78 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

In one year I'm getting my Dad's 1968 Ford Mustang GT. Really the only reason why I'm getting it is so my Dad can move on to a new project. Anyway it has a 8 cylinder 302 small block with a 4 barrel carb dual exhaust. It's aqua metallic with black interior. Oh yeah it's friggin' awesome!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#79 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

Dark Shrimp, you are one lucky kid. I mean, I would kill for a 68 mustang. God, i bet you could hear the rumble of that thing a mile away.

You gonna drag race it or is it gonna be your daily driver?
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#80 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

Just a daily driver, it's not rerally built for drag racing. It's pretty much stock except for the suspension and brakes.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#81 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

^^^

Still..with that kind of car i guarantee you'll do a little racing.

Or atleast i would..

#82 doctorsparkles

doctorsparkles

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

In one year I'm getting my Dad's 1968 Ford Mustang GT. Really the only reason why I'm getting it is so my Dad can move on to a new project. Anyway it has a 8 cylinder 302 small block with a 4 barrel carb dual exhaust. It's aqua metallic with black interior. Oh yeah it's friggin' awesome!

Sounds like it's a beautiful car... but I imagine insurance is going to be murder on it! Probably a pretty good trade-off though...

#83 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

Very interesting topic...
It really depends what mood I'm in. Usually, our butler drives me around in a Lincoln with tinted windows, bitch. B)
If I choose to drive:
1.) 1996 Buick LeSabre Custom; I usually drive this when I'm in a pissy mood and need comfort...or if I'm out with a girl, since I need plenty of room in back. :D
2.) 1999 Toyota Tacoma; If I'm feeling good, I like to truck along in a truck. Good gas efficiency, not a beast. It's fun to go 4-wheeling in too. I also take this out on the lake when ice fishing season rolls around.
There you have it: an easy ride with no hassle, a shaggin wagon, and a utility vehicle. Not bad, eh? Whatever; it gets me from A to B...

~Ringo
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#84 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

Very interesting topic...
It really depends what mood I'm in. Usually, our butler drives me around in a Lincoln with tinted windows, bitch. B)
If I choose to drive:
1.) 1996 Buick LeSabre Custom; I usually drive this when I'm in a pissy mood and need comfort...or if I'm out with a girl, since I need plenty of room in back. :D
2.) 1999 Toyota Tacoma; If I'm feeling good, I like to truck along in a truck. Good gas efficiency, not a beast. It's fun to go 4-wheeling in too. I also take this out on the lake when ice fishing season rolls around.
There you have it: an easy ride with no hassle, a shaggin wagon, and a utility vehicle. Not bad, eh? Whatever; it gets me from A to B...

~Ringo

Your butler?

What the fuck is some guy who's rich enough to have a butler doing on a forum that discusses cheap little toy guns?

My god.

Heh, room in the back... like you'd need it.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#85 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

Hehehehe, ok, I'm exaggerating about a butler. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Our school has a rivalry with Duluth, because they have money and we don't. It seems like a movie almost....we are the school that everyone in the theater wants to win. The second part involving the vehicles is true though. And yes, the LeSabre has come in handy several times. 60% of the time, it works every time. Black Wrath, sorry for the sarcasm.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#86 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

I love Beetles!

I wish I had this car:

Posted Image

Also, this was on eBay a few months ago. Pretty weird:

Posted Image
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#87 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:31 PM

If all goes well, I'll be driving my grandpa's canary-yellow Porshe 911. Some 90's model, methinks.

Awesome car, I'll get a picture of it later.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#88 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hehehehe, ok, I'm exaggerating about a butler. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Our school has a rivalry with Duluth, because they have money and we don't. It seems like a movie almost....we are the school that everyone in the theater wants to win. The second part involving the vehicles is true though. And yes, the LeSabre has come in handy several times. 60% of the time, it works every time. Black Wrath, sorry for the sarcasm.

~Rings

You had me scared about that bloody butler.

We have a funding situation in my area quite similar to yours. In my senario, my school's gotten the shit covered end of the stick for about 22 years, while all of my parent's tax money goes to the new schools and sadly, the Catholic schools which are in another fucking school board.

Back onto topic.

My girlfriend loves beetles too, Grinch. The only car she wants to drive is a new style pink/black bug, or a 70s black bug. I find them to be quite attractive cars myself, and that turtle one you've got there looks amazingly sick.

I forgot to mention previously that my girlfriend's 2000 Dodge Caravan can be my ride at times, although I've only driven it twice. It's weird to think she's the one driving me around.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#89 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

[quote name='Black Wrath' date='Apr 30 2005, 11:16 AM'] [/QUOTE]
You had me scared about that bloody butler.

We have a funding situation in my area quite similar to yours. In my senario, my school's gotten the shit covered end of the stick for about 22 years, while all of my parent's tax money goes to the new schools and sadly, the Catholic schools which are in another fucking school board.
[/quote]
That fookin sucks. Our rivalry has been around for quite some time; I'd say about 50 years. They are the kids with schfancy cars and enormous houses that overlook Lake Superior. We're a small town 20 miles away with a big-ass paper mill and a match factory. Our big houses belong to the paper mill. You've got it worse by far.

On what I would like, I would thoroughly enjoy pimpin in a Mitsubishi Eclipse. It wouldn't be that far outta my sights like a Porsche or Corvette or Lambourghini would. Sometimes we get really nice cars visiting at the golf course like a Shaguar, Honda S-2000, several Mustangs, several Corvettes, and I think a DeLorean once (that was really schweet).

~Rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users