Photo

Your Ride?

88 replies to this topic

#1 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

I'm just curous to see what everyone around here drives.

Currentley my car is a 1999 Acura CL 3.0 V6 V-tech. I don't have any mods done to it but i am saving up for several.

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

One of my rides is a 1987 48cc Honda Spree. So far I've given it a new pipe (117 dB baby), shaved 10lbs. off of weight, and am planning to give it a forced-air intake system and a new drop-V handlebar. I can get it to hit 38 mph and soon should be able to race with it. The best part is the gas mileage: 200 mpg with a half-gallon tank.

My other ride is a 2003 Specialized Hardrock Comp. It is fairly stock; everything but the pedals, seat, rear luggage rack, bar ends, and lights. I plan on getting a new crankset and cassette with better gearing for more speed. I also hope to get a new rear derailleur, handlebar, and Armidillo tires. Currently it can get to 33 mph on flatland and up to 11 ft. high with me as the rider. Gas mileage: depends on what I ate for breakfast.

I (so far) will be able to purchase a white 1999 Ford Freestar utility minivan. It has a 3.8 and only 40,000 miles. Needs a new tranny, which I have, and has no seat mounts in the rear. Luckily it's not going anywhere as the person who is "selling" it really hasn't openly stated that they are selling it to the public, only to their superiors. This thing gets about 30 mpg, yet still can hit over 100mph (and on a school system's budget).

Isn't not having a license great? I am so happy to get to take driver's ed. this summer.

<EDIT> Forgot to mention a 1989 Schwinn SX2000 BMX bike. It has no speed but great acceleration. I am hoping to make a replacement chainring from the stock 42T to a larger 54T.</EDIT>

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 24 April 2005 - 04:12 PM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

i have a 1967, 58, and 61 volkswagen beetle. the 67 is mostly stock except iit is dumped to the ground with chromies which are going on my 58 and a pair of recaros which will follow. the 58 is completely gutted out and is about to get a respray white and its going to be fully kustom and partially old skool with the np oldskl. the 61 was going to be my project but then i found the 58 so its sitting in my driveway doing nothing
-------
COREY

#4 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#5 ploofull

ploofull

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

CBS skateboard with Independant trucks and Spitfire wheels.

#6 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

1. Rollerblade TRS Access, trying to get new wheels (preferrably Cozmos)

2. Haro bike, green and can't remember the model name

3. JD Razor, green handle grips and wheels

4. NSS shoes

If I ever get a car, I'm getting a Toyota Prius. I'm sorry but $2.57 per gallon is just WAY too much, but 70 miles per gallon should keep the costs down.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#7 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:47 AM

03' Honda Element, don't knock it till you've ridden in one.

#8 doctorsparkles

doctorsparkles

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:50 AM

I drive a beat-up 1991 Buick Century named Hank. I've got him tricked out with rust along the bottom and a fading paint job.
But hey, he does zero to sixty in about 7 seconds or so, providing his transmission behaves, so that has to count for something.
Seriously, I love my car, and would choose it over most of the cars that everybody swoons over any day of the week.

#9 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

I didn't time how long it took, but I was doing 103 down this straightaway last night. Good times.

#10 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:36 AM

My ride:
http://www.freewebs..../otherstuff.htm

#11 ploofull

ploofull

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:28 AM

If I ever get a car, I'm getting a Toyota Prius. I'm sorry but $2.57 per gallon is just WAY too much, but 70 miles per gallon should keep the costs down.

Yeah but you can't drive until we get a new president. When we get a new president, the gas prices will go down.

#12 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

2000 Honda Accord. Grey leather intirior. hoping to get a supercharger for it.

#13 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

Zero skateboard with Krux trucks, Mini Logo Bearings and Flip wheels.

Vans Shoes.

Some foreign bicycle...
~Halfling

#14 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:55 AM

What does the president have to do with high gas prices.

#15 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image'

Except mine isnt a schwinn. Add a bunch of rust to the seatpost, and you get the idea...

I ride that and the bus.

#16 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

Gary Fisher sugar 4+ (last years). It's a mountain bike. I don't have enough money to get a road bike too...

All stock, but I'm getting disc brakes this summer.

#17 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:30 PM

I've got a red '93 chrysler Duster. It's in decent condition but the engine is starting to go and it leaks oil. I'm not supposed to exceed 3000 rpm but thats no fun. It really can excellerate fast. I love it so.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#18 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

I have a ghetto car for now.

A red 88' Ford Crown Victoria LX edition.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#19 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

I have these kick ass shoes, they're called Heely's so i can skate in them. That's my ride.
Been a while.
#bro

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

And the dickwagging commences. I drive a car. It has four wheels and an engine. It shifts when I push the clutch in, stops when I hit the breaks, and moves forward when I hit the gas. And you know what? Past not having to get a new one and it continueing to do those very same things for the smallest ammount of money I can possibly put into it, I don't give a fuck what else it has. In fact, it's purple. Crossbow purple. It's the gayest thing I've ever owned, and I don't give a fuck. You want to know why? People who gauge their value and worth on the automobile they drive really need to give base jumping a try. Only fuck the parachute.

Really guys, who the fuck cares what car you drive? They fuck up the enviroment, ruin the economy, and are gerenally doing more then pushing the self centered bullshit that this country and everyone trying to be like it into the pit of fucking despair.

Drop it, just because you drive a nice car doesn't mean you're fucking Lord Vader. You're not cooler because you drive a Honda! You're not a better person because you're car happens to be 10 years newer then mine. Notice something about this thread. Everyone's quick to comment on their own cars, but not on anyone elses. Why? Because no one fucking cares!

You want to know what model my car is? No, you don't! You don't really fucking care, because all you care about is what car you drive and how nice it is.

And one mroe thing about cars. Guys, and you know who you are, if a woman will sleep with you because you have a nice car, she's not worth the time of day.

Jesus H. Chirst,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#21 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

21 Speed Mongoose Bike with Disk Brakes is my ride, and I'm happy with it.
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#22 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

BMX/Freestyle bike which I have removed all logos from.

Dyno/GT work in progress BMX/Freestyle bike

Razor Scooter

Rollerblade Swindlers

Dickies shoes.

Those are my "rides" I hope to eventually get a Tiburon, Supra, or 300zx, I'll probley end up getting the extra car we have, the Civic.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#23 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

~Huge anti-social rant~

Talio.

I'm guessing you don't particularly like your said automobile? Perhaps you're even a little jealous of the others?

My ride is a pair of feet and some roller blades that fit over them.

I'm wondering why a bunch of you younger kids seem to be mentioning your fucking parent's cars as your own; they aren't. Unless you can actually drive and you own the car, why bother mentioning it?

Edited by Black Wrath, 24 April 2005 - 02:39 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#24 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

I've got a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo. In time, I will have it outfitted to look something like the Voot Runner from the cartoon Invader Zim.

Edited by badger, 24 April 2005 - 02:49 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#25 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

There's a difference between gauging your value and worth on a piece of machinery and taking pride in what you've built or expressing yourself through something you use every single day. Would you bitch out someone for putting a lot of money into their home in order to make it a nicer place to live? Then why the hostility at people who want to enjoy their car?

I currently drive a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Not exactly nice, but it works and it's a manual, which is a huge plus because I love to drive and a manual gives you more of a connection to the car. Only modifications are an Alpine CD Player/Head Unit and Rockford Fosgate coaxial speakers in the front. There would be 2 12" subwoofers and a 700 watt amp in the car, but I'm at college so the subwoofers get more use in the dorm.

Hopefully two summers from now I'm going to have enough cash to buy a 1993-1995 (Gen 3) Mazda RX-7. It has a rotary that I'll probably swap out for a Toyota Supra engine (I forget the engine designation) that will definitely get reworked. I'm talking blueprint, headers, cat-back exhaust, cold air intake, intercooler and twin turbos, new camshaft and valves. I'm a huge car guy and an engineer, so this'll be massive. Not to mention I'll redo the stereo, probably keep my current subs because they're insane (Image Dynamics is the company, ask for more info) and put some Infinity audio components up front powered by a 300 watt amp I have.

So that's my ride. The reason I took the 3 minutes out of my life to type that is not to show everyone that I'm better than them, it's to allow anyone who may share my interests in awesome cars or car audio to discuss or ask questions. Judging by what people have said, that may be a long shot, but I don't really care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users