Tire Stems

Where to buy

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

I wanted to know where i can find tire stems such as the one used in this http://www.nerfhaven...zero_ballvalve/

Thanks to anyone who can provide assistance.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

Auto parts store is the best place.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I work at a gas station, they do tire work, and if you ask, we usually have tons just lying around, they may even give them to you for free.

#4 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:22 AM

I made a deal with the owner of a local bike store so they started saving punctured bike tires for me to take the stems off of.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#5 jdp204

jdp204

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

do not use bike valves, their rubber and make a poor seal
go to a hardware store and pick up a tank valvfe, its still the fitting for an air compressor for filling tires, but it screws in andd makes a perfect seal.

#6 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, I just went to a gas station and asked if they had any tire valves. I got one for free; the mechanic just looked around on a table.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#7 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:24 AM

A while back Illadar and I tried to make a homemade using a slightly modified zero value, the value leaked (that’s why we didn't post hoe to make it). We use sheets of bike tire that were compressed agent’s the back of the barrel, to get the tire stem we bought a bike tire and cut it out that worked well because we got the tire rubber and the tire stem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users