Photo

I'm In Need Of Help.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Delta

Delta

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

I am another new member of Nerf Haven. I was wondering if there is a way to make a scope (or something of the sort) to add to the hornet. I am a very bad speller so feel free to correct me.

Delta

#2 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:17 PM

Well if you want to make a working scope, buy one from a paintball store or an actuall hunting store. If you want a non-working one then there is a writeup somewhere... (This is where some smart person comes and writes "the site for the writeup is___")

But in all honesty, scopes are usless.
Wah!

#3 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

Welcome to NerfHaven. Please do your best to post in the correct forum in the future.

In my opinion, I think NJNerfer put it best. There is no reason for a scope in Nerf, but that hasn't stopped those before you. I would try a forum search. By just typing in the keyword "scopes" and selecting all topics in the past year, I found this handy little topic.

Now that you've seen that the forum search can be useful, please do your best to use it before you ask a question.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#4 Delta

Delta

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

Thank you for giving me advice for the scope and thank you for reminding me on the rules.

#5 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

If you want the scope because you are having trouble aiming than you can make an aimer out of household items such as wire or pvc. Or you can do what I did and use the aimer from a plastic m-16. They can be found at dollar store everywhere. The aimer is just the little triangular thing at the end of the barrel.

To make one out of wire simply cut two peices of wire at about .5" each. Attach one to the end of the barrel (be sure not to make it hang down and block the barrel) and one at the other end of the gun. Make sure they stick up over the top of the gun. Top them off with a little glue or cover them in duct tape to make them safer and less pointy, line them up when you shoot and BAM! You have an aimer.

For wire you can use an old coat hanger or whatever you have.

Ditto for PVC aimers.

Edited by NJNerfer, 20 April 2005 - 04:37 PM.

Wah!

#6 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

I would tend to agree that scopes in general don`t have much use in Nerf. And I would definitely say that any magnified optic has no place. However, after using the red dot on my homemade for a while now, it actually does work very well. Ther eis no magnification so no eye relief to worry about. You can also keep both eyes open. It behaves like a laser, but only the user can see it. Place the dot on the target and fire. Very quick. It is probably only worthwhile to use on a weapon with a buttstock.

FYI, the red dot I have on the FAR is from BSA and was only $30. Most Walmarts have em.

#7 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:37 AM

Thank you for giving me advice for the scope and thank you for reminding me on the rules.

You don't have to be that tense, don't worry. The community isn't as unnaccepting of imperfection as it used to be, you can loosen up. You're doing just fine.

On topic, scopes really aren't needed. The only guns I can think may need a sight are the Crossbow, the Sm5k, (Gotta love the Sm5k) and the Titan. It's not really necessary anyways, really, I think it would be more hassle than it's worth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users