Nj Apoc 4

55 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:22 PM

It’s that time of the year again. It’s getting warmer outside, which means it’s time for the NJ crowd to begin planning its summer Nerf schedule. I think it would only be appropriate to begin our planning with the crown gem, Apoc.

As of right now, this is a planning thread to pen down a date. I would like to propose these four dates as possible ones. Feel free to add to this list if you wish.

Available Dates:
July 30
July 31
August 6
August 7

*Anything later in August is bad for me. Any earlier in July, and we conflict with Armageddon. In the event this doesn’t seem to be a problem, we can consider the option of moving the war to an earlier date. At the moment. Armageddeon is up in the air for me due to work constraints. *

Place: Mill Creek Country Park, NJ

Time: 11:00 – 5:00

I’ll get into the mundane details of what to bring, etc later. At this point, I’d appreciate it if anyone that has serious intentions of coming would speak up with available dates.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

Here's where i come in the my obligatory, "you pick the date, and I will show up"

Edited by One Man Clan, 19 April 2005 - 05:26 PM.

I hate you.

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

I'll let you know in July.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:01 PM

I'll let you know in July.

...I'll let you know in July too, Shindig.

And why are we limiting ourselves from 11am-5pm? Why not just say "Until Dusk". I'd like to see us get in good rounds after lunch for once.

Edited by Evil, 19 April 2005 - 06:02 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#5 ace mx

ace mx

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:08 PM

i can make it on July 31 and August 6 .

I'd have to ask the rest of my clan later wut dates they can make.
"fortune favors the bold" -Alixander "the great"

#6 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:17 PM

July 30th is no good for me, but any of the other dates should be fine. I have similar constraints as TIS in late August due to college.

EDIT: If the war ends up earlier than these dates, I will be in NC from the 23rd to the 30th.

Edited by Kuhlschrank, 19 April 2005 - 06:18 PM.

+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

Didn't we pretty much decide that apoc would always be the first sunday in august so everyone would know and we wouldn't have to deal with this date picking rediculousness every summer? It's always been the first sunday in August anyway...

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

For once I concur with Langley. I thought it was always the first Sunday in August, making it easy for people to take off for work and talk to/argue with parentals.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#9 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

August 6-7 looks like the dates to choose from then.

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

You guys are welcomed to nerf 10 hours, but I for one will not be part of that dick wagging contest. I'll be out around 5 because I'm gonna be dead well before that.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

It seems like the August 6 or 7 work out best for our core group. Everyone tell our non-forum regulars to do what they can to keep that weekend open. We'll debate whether Saturday or Sunday is best at a later time.

In terms of time, let's shoot for as much time as we can without killing people. If we can get a legitmate 5-6 hours of Nerfing done, I'd be happy. Let's face it, we know once 5 PM rolls around, we're all going to want to pack up and head to the Sand Castle Diner anyway. I'd propose perhaps starting earlier to get more time on the field, because in the late afternoon, we all get sluggish.

Those comments are assuming we don't want to do Deal Park rules.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#12 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

The only possible thing to screw with this date is college orientation, but I don't have dates on that yet, so unless the universe is against me going, I will be there.
So... yeah. I'm good.
-Jlego

EDIT
p.s. sorry to be uneducated, what are Deal Park rules?

Edited by Jlego, 21 April 2005 - 10:34 AM.

~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#13 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

I say we Nerf til we can't fucking walk. Call me a purist.

#14 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Considering we have a month and a half until the war, I figured this could use a bump so we could iron out any details.

So are we set on the weekend of the 6th-7th? if so, which date are we going to use?

#15 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

I will have to see what the Wangster says about me coming down there for the weekend, or maybe just that morning to hitch a ride :lol:
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

Horsemen gonna have to get back to you guys on this war. Just dunno who I can talk into treking out to Tom's River.

VACC

#17 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

Almost any weekend days will work for me this summer. God bless a 9-5 job. Anyway, I will be starting an east coast summer wars topic shortly to hammer out pretty much any and all weekends this summer. I'd like to have something at least almost every other weekend in july and august if possible.
I hate you.

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

What do the calendars look like for Sunday, August 7th? It's the traditional first sunday in August. We can move the date if another would accomodate more people, however, it wouldn't be a bad idea to firm up a date considering the way our Nerf schedule is filling up.

#19 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:46 AM

I'm good for the 7th, but i can adjust my scehdule if we need to change the date.

#20 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

I'll be good for the 7th.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

I think we should concrete this date in on the calendar for the 7th. It's tradition and it looks like a decent number of us can make it.
I hate you.

#22 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

I am in. My brother is not far behind. If the date changes someone let me know, so I can put it on my work calendar.

#23 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

OKay...Steve and I are in....just like to know who is attending this one? Since i cant make it sunday for Hershs' war i know im making it for this one.

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:09 AM

Wouldnt miss this for SHIT. Wouldn't be APOC without me.
I hate you.

#25 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

Yeah......IDK how to say this but this might be my last war. For a few reason but one of the best friends/nerfers i know i calling it quits after this war. It won't be the same without him. We shared alot of good fights together, even though we were at each others throats for some time. but i dont know we will see i guess. But i know I am coming to Apoc i will see what happens after this....i figure i might as well put that in

Quick edit.....If i do ride off into the sunset Ill deff be selling my stuff so ill put that out if i do decide after Apoc

Edited by Goodtwin, 23 July 2005 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users