Good News, Bad News

Rerelease news

79 replies to this topic

#51 Delta

Delta

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

Is the new BBB going to look different than the first one?

Edited by Delta, 20 April 2005 - 05:53 PM.

#52 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

http://www.nerfhq.co...er=asc&start=45

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't go to NHQ. I don't know why anyone does for that matter. However, read my 2 ranting posts over there for the answer to your question.
I hate you.

#53 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

This is hilarious. I just bought a BBB off Suave about 4 or 5 months back and modded, and never got to use it. I could have waited for it, lol, just rather ironic.

I think it's cool they're re-releasing it. In my modding experience (small and short), it seems like it's a little harder to get the range out of the BBB, or at least the accuracy, but I still need to finish mine.

I'm really not sure why people are going bonkers over the PC; everyone seems to want it, yet I almost never hear of people actually using it. I mean, plenty of people talk about it, talk shit about it (shit RF20 comparisons, anyone?), and mod it, but I rarely read/hear about people using it as a primary, besides myself and one or two others. Just my 2C.

Getting a spare BBB will be beastly. If they do change the color, they will probably change the plastic, which mean it would almost definitely be better, but I guess we'll see...
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#54 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

Getting a spare BBB will be beastly.  If they do change the color, they will probably change the plastic, which mean it would almost definitely be better, but I guess we'll see...

NO COLOR CHANGE
NO RENAME
NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER

He also said somewhere that they are considering making it quieter, which is awesome. When I heard a BBB being primed for the first time (it was in a video) I thought the person in the video broke it or something, but it was just the really weird cracking/snapping noise it makes during priming.

Edit: Grr Typo

Edited by MattPaintballer, 20 April 2005 - 09:45 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#55 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:49 PM

This is really awesome news. I've always awed at the mighty BBB but never held one in my hands before. Now I'll get the chance, and I'm really excited. Thanks OMC and Talio!
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#56 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

Getting a spare BBB will be beastly. If they do change the color, they will probably change the plastic, which mean it would almost definitely be better, but I guess we'll see...

NO COLOR CHANGE
NO RENAME
NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER

He also said somewhere that they are considering making it quieter, which is awesome. When I heard a BBB being primed for the first time (it was in a video) I thought the person in the video broke it or something, but it was just the really weird cracking/snapping noise it makes during priming.

Edit: Grr Typo

Okay, seriously, why did you post like that, and then say that you thought they were making it quieter? I was merely posting a posibility, not making some kind of assertion. You're contradicting yourself in more ways than I care to count, and it's hurting my head. Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

"Right hand in the air in the land of hypocrisy..."

Edited by TimberwolfCY, 20 April 2005 - 09:58 PM.

"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#57 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:25 PM

Wolf, what are u talking about? MattPB is referencing my going postal post over on HQ.
I hate you.

#58 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:25 PM

Okay, seriously, why did you post like that, and then say that you thought they were making it quieter?  I was merely posting a posibility, not making some kind of assertion.  You're contradicting yourself in more ways than I care to count, and it's hurting my head.  Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

"Right hand in the air in the land of hypocrisy..."

Umm, did you even read my post? I didn't say anything hypocritic(sp). I was just quoting and saying what OMC said!

Here is the thread where he posted it. It is on the second page.

Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

As do I, so don't post it. "Right hand in the air in the land of hypocripsy..."

Edit: Changed 'he' to 'OMC'

Edited by MattPaintballer, 20 April 2005 - 10:26 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#59 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

I hope the new 3B has a differant color scheme, because seriosuly, I don't know about you guys, but I am definately a classic nerfer. I would rather take an old school gun with half the range of an AT2k anyday. I love the LnL, BBB, X-bow etc. just for the pimpin' factor. I just hope its in a new color scheme so you can still have a differantiation between the old and new. I don't know about you guys, but I am imagining a dark red BBB? Like the scout color. It would go good with my purple ones. :)
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#60 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:34 PM

agreed with TLM, purple=pimpage factor. I wish that they change the colors to distuingish old and new(before you jump on my ass OMC I've already read your post.)

And about the powerclips, I've used one as a primary before until it broke, and it would have been cool as a replacement. Too bad we won't be seeing it anytime soon, at least I'm happy with what we have.
Morons With Guns own you.

#61 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

Is the BBB the only gun being rereleased?

#62 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

Is the BBB the only gun being rereleased?

Yes. Well, until next year.

I'm not sure about the BBB, it's a spring gun, right? A really big, simple spring gun?

#63 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

I would hope that the BBB isn't the only gun they are rereleasing, but if it is, so be it. No matter how flimsy the gun is, it still gets great range. Even if your BBB was to break you could just get a new one.

Mine has held up pretty well for me, though I know people who have had thiers repeatedly break.
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#64 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:34 AM

My BBB lasted about three years before it broke. It was my primary the entire time and I used it virtually every day at least once. It was pretty durable. Once it broke, though, it was irreparable.

#65 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

Hopefully nerf has learned something from the past and will strengthen it up before re-release.

Edit:

but I love it, and yes, more than my crossbow

Sounds like an excelent gun to rerelease then eh?

Edited by NJNerfer, 21 April 2005 - 07:25 PM.

Wah!

#66 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

Mine has held up pretty well for me, though I know people who have had thiers repeatedly break.

Either I got a super BBB, or you all treat your guns with disrespect, I have never had my BBB break for the 6 years I have had it, and I constantly nerf with it. It's on my top 5 favorite guns, and I think its very reliable. I agree the plastic is a bit flimsy, but do you throw your guns down after being shot or something? I never have the feeling its going to break, maybe I keep my cool and don't tear it back when being rushed, or something, but I find a very reliable, powerful gun. Mine gets roughly 90' and it can nail a telephone pole at 65' with 90% efficiency. I could easily hit something at 90 with a scope, and its velocity is great, so you don't have to lead TOO much, but I love it, and yes, more than my crossbow.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#67 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

My friend's BBB survived without damage for about that amount of time. Then it just suddenly broke. It is still partially functional (still fires beautifully), but the trigger's a bitch, and it's a bitch to push back in after you fire it. Nonetheless, I still want to get one desperatly. I'm not sure what goes wrong with the gun...it must be the aliens.

~Ringo
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#68 buddynerfer

buddynerfer

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

Warning:Noob Question
I still don't understand how you cock it. Do you pull back the handle in the back?
I am rather confused. ^_^
Adversity breeds genuis!

#69 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Correct. You pull the handle back and the gun elongates. Then, you fire and it goes back to normal size. I'll try and get pictures of it for you tomorrow if I get around to it.
Tyranny Response Team

#70 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

It sounds like it's just a crossbow that looks like a bow. I always thought it was just a cooler looking bow n' arrow.

#71 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:20 AM

Honestly, I am so stoked for this re-release.
I've used the BBB at pretty much every nerf war for the last five or six years. After some major internal mods wore the gun down.. it lost easily 45% range and accuracy. The handle snaping at the last YANO didn't help it much either.

It's going to be great to buy four or five of these things, and just mod the heck out of a few, and save the rest for later.

Major props to One Man Clan for this information, and after reading the posts in this thread, and the ones at NHQ, all I can say is: some of you people are the most greedy arrogant bastards ever. I mean, what the fuck? One Man Clan comes out with this wonderful information, and specifically notes that this is the ONLY gun being released at the moment, with NO changes except for a possible sound reduction. And some kids turn into moronic pricks and brings up points already answered. Now this isn't necessarily directed at every single freaking person that posted, just a few people, that I swear to god are to stupid to live.

Once again, thanks One Man Clan.

*Edited to for clarity (as in, what is directed to who)*

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 22 April 2005 - 01:24 AM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#72 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

Shattered Dreams is my new BFF
I hate you.

#73 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

Come to Armageddon and give him a great big kiss.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#74 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:54 PM

Ditto
Wah!

#75 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

All I have to say is this:
Maximizer
I need it. Again.

Edited by The Large Moose, 26 April 2005 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users