Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

There's gotta be someone

28 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

Anyone here use their running from wargames for a purpose besides getting away from welts? I run the 200m dash, a progressing 31 seconds, and am working on the 800m run, a pitiful 2:58 seconds. I also do shotput; 31 ft. with an 8lb shot. Mind you, these times/distances are for a middle schooler, so they are comparatively good, minus the 800m. I put 'cycling in the title for no good reason. I ride a 38:51 seconds, 23km road time trial on a custom bike with a disk wheel. I'm expected to hit below 32 minutes in a few years on a newer bike with some more practice and after I've done more than three races. My mile sprint time is a still improving 1:47 seconds, same bike as mentioned for the TT.

If anyone else does anything related to the title, post some times, or advice if you're good. Chances are this is going to be like my other topics and have zero replies and next to zero page views. I know we're not all that lazy though.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#2 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

I play soccer and can run the mile in 7 mins,16 sec. I have a friend that does shotput, 36 ft. with an 8 lb shot.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#3 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

Yeah I play some soccer and a little basketball and I can run a mile in 7 minutes flat 3 times in a row.
Wah!

#4 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

I play the world's sport, FOOTBALL, as well, and my mile time is 5 min. 50 sec.
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#5 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:08 PM

6:30-ish is my fastest.

Then again I'm in no way fit so I plan to get it down to the 5 minute ranges next year.
Morons With Guns own you.

#6 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:22 PM

I play the world's sport, FOOTBALL

Sorry, I'm an American, to me its soccer.
Wah!

#7 rosebud

rosebud

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

Im on the larger size... but I can do the mile in like 7 mins. Since were naming sports that we play as well... I play racquetball, and hockey.

#8 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

I do the 100m and 200m mainly. My times are 11.2 and 24.8. I am horrbile at distance though, I ran like a 3:01:00 800m once :nugget:

If anyone knows the national rankings and where to find them look for Milford High School and see where we're ranked, I'm curious.

#9 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

National rankings can be found on a variety of track websites. A good highschool track website is dyestat. Btw, my miletime = 5:35, still improving.

#10 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:25 AM

My basketball coach said I broke 2 minutes on this 800m drill that we did three times [my other times were a bit over 2]. That same day we ran a total of 15km "for fitness". I kept pace, and in fact lead the entire time, behind the coach of course.

Heh, its funny to see you yanks using the real system for once. Fuck feet.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#11 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:58 AM

i run cross country and track.

my best mile time is 5:08, and best 5k cross country course time is 17:41

sports are fun.

#12 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

I run the 110m hurdles in 19.6 which is good because this is my first season and then the most suicidal event the 400m hurdles which I run around 78 or so. I also got thrown into a 4 X 1600 and ended up running it in a pitiful 64 seconds.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#13 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

Heh, its funny to see you yanks using the real system for once. Fuck feet.

Hey, metrics kick ass. Wouldn't have it any other way.
I run a 6 min mile, without getting tired, so sometime I need to try harder. I'm sooo lazy.
On sports, I fence foil, although I might try to go Sabre.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#14 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

Well, the metric system is for people who can only remember multiples of ten. For all the smarter people who actually have to memorize something, the bodypart-based system is used (one foot is the same as a size 11.5 foot, an inch is the width of the thumb, the yard the length of a stride).

4 X 1600

I take it you mean a 1600 relay (or a 4x400)? That's four runners, once around the track each. Otherwise, running a mile in 64 seconds is damn near in possible. Also, unless your state is using different standards, isn't it a 300m hurdle, not a 400m hurdle? All the tracks that I've been to only have marks for the 300m and 55m hurdle spacing. Do you run once around the track or only around the corner?

#15 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

This morning I ran a 40 yard dash in six seconds.

Sports I participate in are football, skiing, bicycling, running and skateboarding.
~Halfling

#16 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

My basketball coach said I broke 2 minutes on this 800m drill that we did three times [my other times were a bit over 2]. That same day we ran a total of 15km "for fitness". I kept pace, and in fact lead the entire time, behind the coach of course.

Sub-2 minutes is awesome.

#17 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:22 PM

Thanks PB. It's funny how this bitch of a parent automatically thought I had cheated though. I'm 6'4" in the old scale, and I was running in basketball boots because my runners had died. That's probably good reason.

I don't do track, so I don't know how impressive some of these times are.

#18 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:30 AM

Under two minutes in an 800m run is pretty good. Let's say you ran it in 1:51. That means that your personal speed averaged about 7.207m/sec. That's almost as fast as a :13 100m dash. So if you went all out in the 100m, you could be a very good sprinter. I'm only good with longer sprints, as I have a higher average speed in the 200m dash than I do in the 100m dash by .5m/sec., or at least in my last meet. I'll find out if it stays true this week at practice.

#19 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

Yeah. Thanks, I'm pretty good for a big man, and very light.

It's good to see we have some non-obese Americans here.

#20 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

I mountain bike. That's about it. I skateboard when I'm bored enough to, and I play basketball when my friends do.

#21 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Pinhead, what the fuck did that have anything to do with the conversation? Just couldn't see other people dick wagging without getting a piece of the action, could you?

My god, I'm actually going to reply to this thread as it was meant to be, god damn it.

I am not a track runner, I am too big. However I have played with many track runners and they do use their speed to their advantage. I admire it, I've been in situations where someone has said, "Wow, you would have gotten away with that if you were Shindig!"

Being a quick runner definetely helps you in Nerf, but it's not entirely nessecary. Just a different style that I acknowledge and enjoy playing with. If any of you actually nerfed occasionally, you might have had something to reply rather just posting for the sake of it.

Talio.

Edit: This topic would be great if people would discuss it the way it was asked rather then how fast they can run. There's been a shitload of dickwagging on this site recently, knock it off.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#22 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

I started running track in 2001 and ran X-country for the first time ever this year(freshman year). I have to say that although I enjoyed it, it took up so much time and energy I didn't have time to finish my homework or ever get rested for the next day so I'm still considering not running next year. I think my fastest mile was 6:30 but speed really isn't my thing even though I'm a skinny kid with long legs. Yes I do think that running can help a lot in nerf but for x-country at least I think its sometimes more about how high your pain-threshold is rather than how fast you are.

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 25 April 2005 - 10:23 AM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#23 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

Pinhead, what the fuck did that have anything to do with the conversation? Just couldn't see other people dick wagging without getting a piece of the action, could you?...

...There's been a shitload of dickwagging on this site recently, knock it off.

Wow, man. I don't know what your problem is, but it needs to be fixed. You're one of the people on this site I respect most, but whenever it was that you made that comment you must have been having a super bad day. The topic is called "Track&field, cross country, bicycling". I didn't want to explain the bike I had because I already did Here (My Ride), and wasn't feeling like typing it all back up. As far as dick wagging, if you would say that about "I got a mountain bike, and skateboard sometimes", then you must think I'm parading around the littlest piece on the planet. What's your problem with pride anyway? I mean, I totally understand the car thing; I'd drive a bright pink minivan if it meant I had a car, but bashing everyone for wanting to let people know their strengths is just... mean. I'm sorry my little dick disrespected you, I'm putting it back.

#24 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:24 PM

4 X 1600

I take it you mean a 1600 relay (or a 4x400)? That's four runners, once around the track each. Otherwise, running a mile in 64 seconds is damn near in possible. Also, unless your state is using different standards, isn't it a 300m hurdle, not a 400m hurdle? All the tracks that I've been to only have marks for the 300m and 55m hurdle spacing. Do you run once around the track or only around the corner?

Well we call the 1600 relay a 4 X 1600 or a 4 X 4 which ever. Yea there is 400m hurdles and 110m in spring for us, there is only 55m in winter.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#25 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

I do cross-country running and skiing. I've done about a 17 minute 5k for my PR. I used to do the 400 in track. Now I'm using my time on the mentally strenuous game of golf. That's right, golf. It gets your thinker movin. ^_^
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users