Photo

I Really Need Barrel Help

9 replies to this topic

#1 CelicaKing23

CelicaKing23

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

I am in my senior shoot out and have a nite finder with a 9/16" brass barrel from a kid who did it last year and I wanted to know a list of things that work or popular places that sold materials that fit the nitefinder mods w/o having to file anything down, a natural fit. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Location:West Michigan, in a basement, chained to a wall, with nothing but a puter and a NiteFinder to keep me busy.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:19 AM

Stock barrel works fine as long as the restrictors are all gone.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Will a stock barrel work as well as another type? I took out the restrictors in mine and just left in the stock assembly.
SexD Warves

#4 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

The stock barrel doesn't work as well as others, but it doesn't matter. I hear Jangadance has gotten his to shoot 60' without barrel modification.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

For a fairly natural fit, do a crayola/PVC mod. It's quick, basic, and to the point. Keep the writing end of the crayola on (it is easier to connect to the plunger tube), and then PVC on the end (this should fit where the stock barrel was perfectly). Seal it all down and you're good. You shouldn't be disappointed with performance either. It can get 60' without a problem. There, not any filing, and it turns out pretty nice. Shouldn't take much time.

EDIT: The stock barrel is ok, but it didn't sound like you had it. I'm personally glad I took the time to do this. It gets better distance, and it's a hell of a lot more accurate.

~Ringsy

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 18 April 2005 - 12:06 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#6 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

Like lordoftherings434 said, I did that same mod and mine kicks ass. Not the best it can be, but pretty awesome!
Been a while.
#bro

#7 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

yes the crayolas are pretty good but brass is pretty exspenive so the crayola can just hold off till you get the brass from a local store
GOT FOAM?!

#8 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

I find that CPVC or stock barrels work pretty well. With CPVC ones though, you have to get a .5 in copper connector and stick it to the NF so it acts like a breach loader, or else you will waste time stuffing darts down CPVC.
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#9 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hey dude, the stock barrel works just fine, but to get even more distance, is to take that air restrictor out that snaps onto the plunger casing, either dremel it out or take it out altogether, and hot glue the back part of the stock barrel to the plunger, and replace the stock barrel with cpvc, about a four inch barrel (sorry, no pics, but my computer doesn't have photoshop) So anyway, it gets like 64 feet average with stefans, and average 52 feet with commercial nerf darts. plus, you can probably get like another like 10 feet with rubber bands on the thingy that you cock it with

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

Take a look at the date of this Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users