• 611 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:01 PM

ignorant people and nerf?

#2 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:18 PM

Um, actually, they seemed mature about it. Which is very good. They didn't seem to say anything about Nerf being gay. So why did you go over there and protect it? That makes things worse. You just took the whole NIC and spoke for it, and it didn't need speaking for. They werent acting ignorant. I hope you didn't start anything over there. If so, you're on your own.

And I think it's a rule to not start shit or post shit from other forums saying how much they hate Nerf.
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

That post of yours over there will be enough.

I hope this doesn't need to be said, but anybody from here who signs up on that (or any) forum in order to engage in a pissing match on Nerf vs whatever will be suspended/deleted here.

It was PB last week, AS this week, my policy is to keep shit like that off my forum and let them talk about whatever they want.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:38 PM

Viper, the least you could have done is thanked them for not bashing us about it. Way to be a bit overdefensive.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#5 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

Did you notice they commented on boltsniper's rifle? I'd be proud if I were him.

Yeah, it sounds like some people just want to start a flame-war sometimes. People who aren't the best at one thing want to say "well at least I'm better than these guys. I think this describes the one or two people from each group who attack the other groups. I did notice that most of them seemed respectful, and one of them even used to be a nerfer and recognized the external air system in the kid's powerclip.

#6 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

Way to be a bit overdefensive

So why did you go over there and protect it? That makes things worse.

It didn't seem like he was protecting it all to me. He just told them that he likes to nerf and told them some of the reasons that he likes nerf. He never said that airsoft sucks, in fact he said that he actually likes it more,

I do enjoy airsoft more and play it more, but fooling around with cheap nerf toys is something I do alot

I don't think that he made a bad situation. I think you guys neeed to calm down and realize that no harm was done here. The worst that could happen is that some immature ass comes and decides to troll the boards, which isn't that big of a deal. Chill guys.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

As Duce said, nothing really bad happened here. In fact, Viper might have promoted Nerf there. Some of those guys sounded impressed, so good for them. For those who joked about it, they have their own opinions, as we do. I still think it's cool how some of those guys thought boltsniper's rifle was awesome. We've got creativity and innovation here, something paintball or airsoft doesn't have that much of.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#8 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:22 PM

Worse things have happened in the nerf vs. paintball/airsoft saga. No harm done fortuanately. Could of been a bad witness for nerf.
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#9 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

duce, are you missing an O and an H in your name?

Anyway, although Viper was a little defensive, he didn't piss them off, so i suspect things will die down.

#10 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

duce, are you missing an O and an H in your name?

Fucking OUCH.
QUOTE(Arcanis)

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

I noticed that the Airsofters seemed a lot more mature and not such jackas$es as most Paintballers, most, a lot are fine with Nerf, I'm surprised to see no one bashing Nerf or calling it "gay."
SexD Warves

#12 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

They didn't bash nerf at all from what I can see. And you shouldn't say that you modded a nerf gun to shoot 150 plus because that was two guns and both were made to shoot big stuff. Some people not into nerf might get the impression that alot of guns can be modded to shoot that far.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#13 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:07 PM

Sorry if I seemed defensive, but the whole point of my post was to show that nerf is preffered mainly because of its cost and that people don't play nerf just because they're "ignorant" of airsoft.

How many of you guys actually read my post instead of making judgements based on the idea that I was pissing people off in another forum?

For those of you who think I caused some havoc and get a boner thinking about stopping a nerf vs airsoft/whatever shooting sport war, you obviously didn't read my post at all, nor did you read theirs, which didn't bash nerf at all.

I am also a regular at airsoftretreat, I didn't just make an account to explain nerf, how did you think I'd find it if I wasn't a regular?

If you guys want to continue keeping up with the topic, you'll notice it is not a flamewar at all.

Edited by Viper, 17 April 2005 - 12:13 PM.

#14 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

The post was fine, Viper.

Maybe it wasn't such a grand idea to go ahead and link it over here for everyone to see/ draw conclusions about.

I read the post thoroughly, and I myself was tempted to register and post a reply, not counter-bashing airsoft, but in fact, INVITING the airsofters to at least peruse the forums and NH site itself and see that there's more to Nerf than simply a child's toy. Which in fact, airsoft is in itself. A toy, of sorts. There's no other way around that.

Anything for recreational purposes is considered a toy, in most civilized people's perspective. My $800 Ocean Kayak is my toy. So is the boat I'm building for my kids. And my $2000 of fishing gear. My paintball markers. And so are my Nerf blasters (and the Boltsniper homemade I'm working on.) All for recreation purposes. My toys.

The problem comes when people, on either forum, have a hard time receiving critiques of one's hobby/ sport over another. In my perspective, all three hobbies (airsoft, paintball, Nerf) have both benefits and shortfalls. I have tried and I embrace all three hobbies, though I obviously gravitate toward Nerf, with paintball behind.

Trying to degrade another hobby in thinking that it somewhat validates their own preferred hobby does neither good nor does it advance the sports we choose to pursue. In fact, it probably adds to discredit it. That's why cx is very adamant about no one going over and doing a flame war. It's immature, for starters, and (from the context of this AS forum thread) is unfounded, like everyone said, the airsofters are looking at it very objectively, and for the most part, with class.

If anyone gets their BVDs in a bunch because someone decides to poke fun of their hobby, then playing with Nerf/airsoft/paintball is the least of the issues at hand. Make sure you know why you're doing what you're doing, whether it's Nerf, paintball, or airsoft. There's nothing to prove, just good times to have with friends/ clans.

As for me, I want my kids to enjoy a hobby that promotes fun, creativity, and ingenuity, in a cost effective and socially enriching manner. That's probably why I am Nerfing today. That by no means keeps me from exploring both airsoft and paintball.

It's all good.

-Piney-

EDIT; I forgot to mention; Viper, is that G18 any good? I am actually breaking down and have been looking to pick up a KSC G18, seeing that I'll never be able to get one (real full auto pistol), until I save enough finances to afford a Glock 21 (.45ACP), which are going for about $600 right now.

Edited by Pineapple, 17 April 2005 - 01:02 PM.

-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#15 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:07 PM

Yes I do agree me spending 5 seconds thinking about it and showing to this forum was odd, but I just found it while I was surfing topics to find that other people outside the nerf community have a great deal of interest in it, enough to post a topic about it with a picture. I don't regret my decision.

Note: the TM g18c is sweet, I am very happy with its performance.

#16 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:46 PM

Well a little off topic to this, that guys PC looked awesome if anyone noticed, how exactly did it work?

EDIT: And who really cares if they say stuff about us or not. It's our sport and our game and we enjoy it to the fullest. I'd jsut like to the look on one of there faces after shooting them with a well modded titan.

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 17 April 2005 - 03:49 PM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#17 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

There's a gaint PVC tank on the back called "the beast". I think there's a picture in the NH gallery of it.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#18 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Haha. Apparently they think my rifle is a production weapon. Not too bright there..... How dare he say it doesn`t look good. I think it is one on the most astetically pleasing carbines I`ve ever seen. But I guess if he thinks its a production gun............. I mean it is PVC. Apparently thats not obvious to all.

I am also a bit surprised at how civilized these guys are. Man, over at AR15.com there is some serious airsoft bashing going on......

#19 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

That gave me the idea to do something similar with my Rapid Fire. It'd be bulky, but awesome. And if I ever get my chain-fed working, it would be the ultimate defense weapon to mount outside a base. I only noticed two people on the forum who seemed anti-Nerf. EDIT: Ha. One of 'em thought boltsniper's homemade fast-action rifle was stock Nerf.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 17 April 2005 - 06:03 PM.

SexD Warves

#20 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:59 PM

I am also a bit surprised at how civilized these guys are. Man, over at AR15.com there is some serious airsoft bashing going on......

apparently thats what they were talking about when they said the "real steelers"

and yeah they were pretty good about it. but i mean cmon, who could say a pc with a huge aritank attached looks bad?
Wah!

#21 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:31 AM

Did anyone else notice that one guys says the PC can be clip modded? Lol. I want to see a write-up on that mod. ;)

#22 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:47 PM

:)

Edited by Nerforbust, 22 April 2005 - 06:40 PM.

#23 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

Yes it CAN be clip modded, and I believe there is a write up somewhere.

#24 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:19 PM

It's on a place called the internet. I can think up quite a few sites that have the mod.

And to answer your question, just cut the ridges off the very bottom of the clip that protrude from the side.
Morons With Guns own you.

#25 i h8 hippies

i h8 hippies

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

They did seem really nice over there. I paintball but it is A LOT more expensive than nerf which I'm just getting into.
That PC does look awesome. I think it's a big tank that he pumps with an aircompresser then has vinyl tubing to his pc through his bladder. Thats pretty awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users