baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:58 PM

Here it is folks: Foam Assassins #1!!!
Now I'm no Groove and I know it (Groove Ownes Hardcore), and this may make absolutely No sense whatsoever if you don't know Jiz. But it's still a nerfing web comic, by ME!
Posted Image
Ok, so FA #1, Just so you all know, these are somewhat based on real things NARF members have said. "let's all go p00p bricks!" is something Jiz says all the time(kinda sad hunh?). I had originally planned to Digitally ink and color my art, like I do for Kung-fu Stickman & Onion Boy but it looked better like this, and I can do them faster. Before anyone says I jacked Groove, I would like to say that this was originally planned to be a 9-panel comic, but I was having a hard time keeping it clean, so now FA will be split into 4-panel comix like this. The text is kinda hard to read so I color-coded it to each character. I would now like to Apologize for any possible speelin eroorz in the comix, I kinda was in a rush to get it online.

Baghead :lol:

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:44 AM

Well, it's a good start I think.

I have a few suggestions for you, just from all the little things I've picked up over the years...I would suggest upping the Gamma and/or contrast on your pencil lines, as they seem more dull when compared to the rest of the dark panels and text. It has also gotten to a point with me where I can draw strips faster, and they tend to look better compared to when I have to ink them and digitally reconstruct them on my computer.

Always take the time to spellcheck your work, too.

Characters have a few proportion / perspective kinks to work out, but that comes with practice and time.

And basically I have no idea what's going on, like you also said. But I guess readers will find that out in the following strips? Best of luck in your endeavours in the small world of Nerf webcomic-ing...

-Groove out.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for all the advice Groove, I will apply more effort into the quality of the next strip, and i'll probaly clean up this one too.

I truly do not expect ANYONE to understand this whatsoever for a good three to four strips as I introduce the Zany Cast of characters that are bassed on REAL people; because well...My clan members are quite odd. (some of them scare me...alot)

Baghead

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#4 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:44 AM

Personally, I have a feeling that the comedy in that strip is an inside joke between you and your clan members.

...because I sure don't get it. ;)
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users